Register now to get rid of these ads!

T5 Source?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlmLrd, Feb 18, 2010.

1. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Hi guys,
    I've done tons of reading and have been keeping my eyes and ears peeled for a 1989 and earlier (Mechanical Speedo) T5 from an S10. The past couple of months, I have been scouring the yards here in San Diego, looking for something in good shape within the years that I need.

It figures that when I was on the fence about putting one behind my Flathead, I saw them here and there, but now that I am ready to pick one up, I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I would rather find something that is in good shape to begin with, rather something that I need to rebuild. Anyone know a good source, besides the good ole Craigslist/Newspaper/Yard scavenge?

The Big 3 Autoswap is here in San Diego at the end of the month, gonna try there, but figured I'd ask anyway. Figure it can never hurt to ask. :)

Thanks!

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I assume you already know about car-part.com.

3. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Yeah, tried there on a couple different occasions. I don't know how often they update inventory. Just looked and saw a few within a couple hundred miles or so. Will give it another go and call in the am. Thank you!

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Keep checking craigslist, I see them from 50-450 for s10/mustang camaro depends if they know what they are worth mostly.

5. kiwiboy

kiwiboy

Got my WC T5 on Graigslist locally for $300, didn't need it for my build just yet but figured by the time I did, by Murphys law, there would be none around :cool: