Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can You find the Roadster in the Pic's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 13, 2010.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Well I may be closer to my roadster build, after gleaning a bunch of info here on the HAMB I figure this 4 door should make a good start. Will be sending this one down to Chris at Salt Flats Speed Shop to morph into a '36 Ford roadster using the frame, cowl, rear fenders & front doors. He has a 5/W back half that will be used to graft on than whatever it takes to make a roadster a roadster!

Attached Files:

2. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Nice find sounds like you already see the finished car in your head keep us posted.

3. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Amazing how much vintage tin is still floating around!

4. If you want it bad enough, you can get it done.

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Forgot to add that with it came a real nice '36 grill, nice drivers fender, fixable pass front fender, very nice hood and real nice rear fenders, all moldings and window mechanisms................
    When chopping a 3/W coupe would the top of the doors work for the extra metal needed ?

6. carbuilder

carbuilder

Lon I forgot to mention on the 4 door the front doors are slightly shorter then Roadster doors & the rear fender on a Roadster are 1 1/2 inches wider & about 1 inch longer then the sedan fenders. Hinge mounts are in different spot also along with the pillar latches.

7. A little inspiration for you. This roadster in New Zealand was made from a sedan. Sorry, I don't have any details. EDIT>>>NOT THIS CAR< see below.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  8. tdoty

tdoty

Sounds like a great project!

You can send what's left of that cool ass humpback sheetmetal to me since you're not using it!

Tim D.

9. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Check out the one in the latest Hot Rod magazine. It's made from a 2dr sedan & it's really great looking.

10. That would be Flying Brians car i guess. He has posted lots of great build threads on that car .

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats a project Id love to do, cut up some trashed 35-6 sedans and build a vert. It would sit on its arse, be black and every inch a Mr Westerguard copy. Id happily be unoriginal

Doc.

12. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Cool project. I have seen some of Chris' work here on the HAMB, your car will turn out great.

13. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Just saw this thread. Im excited to get started on this project! Should be a knock out when its done.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

A Cabriolet faker maybe but definitely NOT a roadster faker.

15. Kiwi kev,howzit going?Thats my mate Crocketts cabriolet,its a cool rod and runs real good with a worked flathead powering it.I know its got a lot of history but i hadn't heard that it was once a sedan. BTW its just 3 short weeks 'till the Blow Out.

16. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

I remember seeing Crocketts Roadster in a car yard in CHCH , its a kool car for sure !

17. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Some more interesting work from the South Island of New Zealand , both made up from 4 doors ..

[​IMG]

18. Oops, I posted the wrong picture, sorry!! This is the pic I meat to post.....

[​IMG]

19. crockett

crockett

yep the brown cars mine, its had a chop, but only round the screen area, ala 4 inches, shes a real cabriolet, was built in so cal in the 40's, has been raced on the dry lakes and bonniville and the went out to indiana, where it had a life as a drag car on us30 dragstrip, then a street rod,it when thu a couple of owners and got sold at the icola ? auto auction to deric drust from alberquikie who shipped it out to new zealand when he moved here, he sold it to john who does own a car yard in christ church and i got it from him, the original owner builder is long passed, but the guy who brought it and the subsequent owners are very much alive, and great to talk to, they regail me for hours with adventures the rods been on,its pretty cool having a rod thats steeped in history, the only plans i have are a change back to dark blue, but theres no hurry there, the brown from 1973 is still pretty shiney eh, he he, crockett

20. crockett

crockett

p.s. if your goin to the blow out, catch up well go for a spin