Register now to get rid of these ads!

What can I use for a seat in 35 ford coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marto, Feb 14, 2010.

1. marto

marto

Has anyone used a bench from another car/truck in their 35/36 Ford 5 window. If so PLEASE clue me in. Thanks:(

2. How many threads are you going to start asking for 35 seats?

My answer in your previous post was to order the seat springs form MACS or other vandor for like 250.00 and build your own frame structure.

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I have the same problem to face with mine. After years of not finding an original within a reasonable distance iv decided to build one.
    In my case I don’t want anything aftermarket or out of another car looking. If I didn’t care I would start by looking at some small van seats or whatever at the wrecking yard.

4. marto

marto

Sorry I could not find my threads after I started them. Not too good at finding my way around here yet. I have nothing to recreate one from. Thanks

5. marto

marto

Thanks for your help, I'm off to the Pick and Pull I guess!

6. Gator

Gator

This is the SEVENTH one in two days if I'm counting right.

7. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

One just listed on the fordbarn for 300.00, Dave

8. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

I'm having the same problem with my '33 Ford pickup. The best thing I did was take various measurements of the interior, then head to the junkyard and measure whatever benches might fit with minor modification.
    I actually saw on eBay that a guy was selling a Jeep Wrangler YJ rear bench seat that he used for his Ford, I believe the measurements were like 36" wide x 20" deep or something, which might work for you, he had pics of it installed in his ride but I can't find the auction anymore. It wasn't chopped or anything either, so that might be your best bet. I believe people on here mentioned a jump seat from a Dodge Caravan or something too.
    I might go that route for the truck but I'd rather go with one of the other seats I measured, I have a list of various bench seats mostly out of Ford trucks.
    I think my interior measures 48 or 50" at its widest point, then narrows. I plan to buy a first gen Ranger bench seat, section it, shave the foam and chop the springs, then reupholster it.

9. marto

marto

Thank you for all your help, Iam sorry that I started so many threads I was unaware that I did this wrong. Marto

10. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Hit the bone yard with a measuring tape.