Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Indianapolis World of Wheels - Feb 12-14

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy1965, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Hotrodhonda?

Hotrodhonda?
    from Anderson

i took many pictures in the process of uploading to photobucket now :D stay tuned !

i also was bestowed the honor of helping gene chop the top he called me by name and i met him four years ago at james dean ! very cool !
    [​IMG]

the look on the little tikes faces sells it " what is that guy doing to that car ?" lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

more to come of the contest cars just thought i would share my story :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Hotrodhonda?

Hotrodhonda?
    from Anderson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    lol mexican black bird hahaha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my buddy deans car ran into him at james dean this year
    [​IMG]

i want to get a loan and buy this drool .... drool ......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

one of genes more famous cars
    [​IMG]

this was nuts so nuts that i want it
    [​IMG]

got hymjoints the size of your face ! lol
    [​IMG]
    thats good for now also have allot of pictures of the other parts of the show if your want i can post them too have pictures of the ratical woodie too but i sent those to the owner so ill tell him before i post those thanks for looking all comments welcome:D

3. donrodin

donrodin

alot of people were'nt taking the time to really look at the historical cars.... this 48 merc with a Ardun conversion and a Judson supercharger kept getting walked right by!?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. Donnie, you are correct. 95 people out of every 100 would walk right by this one.

There were some really beautiful engines at the show, but a Judson Supercharged Audun has got to be the Holy Grail of traditional engines.

5. Dr_Speed

Dr_Speed
    from Indiana

Gonna try to upload some pics from the show. Will upload more later. Need to get to bed.
    Here is also a link to my pics from the Road Rockets Rumble 2009.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doc_speedy/

6. greendream

greendream

I need to make it down there next year...

7. donrodin

donrodin

anyone that didnt come this year that thought about it, you have to make it next year!! this was the best show i have ever been to! the history, the cars, the people, all good!! and the Road Rockets did an amazing job putting this on, i got to know a few guys that i havent met before pretty well, especially Bill Bronson and his father in law Mike Goodman, and got to talk more to some that i havent talked to very much, it was great. thanks to everyone that made this show what it was!!

8. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

This was a very good show, I really enjoyed it.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Looks like another successful show. Great job, guys!

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

HOLY SHIT, that Ardun rules.

Anyone have any pics of the blue '29 Tub that Denny built? Please?! :D

12. donrodin

donrodin

I do indeed, and I dont think he knows how much that meant to me, i didnt know there was such an award but i dont know if any award i ever get will rank as high as that one does in my book. He is such a good person. it's a good thing he didnt make that speech any longer though cuz it was really getting to me and my dad. i really enjoyed talking to him about this hobby and hearing how he got to know Dick Kraft a bit and all the events he has gotten to be a part of with the dragster and the roadster. He has the right attitude and outlook on this hobby. I was fortunate enough to sit in the roadster and i did smell it... it gave me goosbumps.. the history, the things that car has seen, it was just an amazing weekend that has put a permanent mark on me. Thank you again Bill and i hope to keep in touch, i'm sure i'll be seeing you at car shows this summer, i'm gonna work on some paint in the next couple weeks! by the way, this award is going front and center above my work bench... talk about inspiration!!

13. Hotrodhonda?

Hotrodhonda?
    from Anderson

how about another round of pictures there on me guys ...lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this was cool its a old flower car

[​IMG]

enjoy all comments welcome ! :D

got pictures of the streamliner too working on finding them on the photo bucket :)

14. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

any pictures of the kustoms?? surely someone out there has more pictures????

15. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Yes Don, Congrats on the Award!!! It was great to meet Bill and his father in law. We talked with Mike for a while about his Merc then he introduced us to Bill and talked with him for a while also. Great stories and history to say the least!!! And also yes, A great big THANK YOU to the Road Rockets for a great show. Hope to see all of you guys down the road!!

Aaron

16. donrodin

donrodin

17. donrodin

donrodin

18. Bill brought the roadster down to Tom's shop for it to be converted into a highboy this past December. Tom, Dustin, Rick, Don and I spent a Saturday putting it the way you see it now.

I'm telling you, that car almost talks to you when you are working on it.

19. donrodin

donrodin

some of these pics are from other people, i didnt take many of my own, so if i used your pic, thank you! just tryin to get some pics on here for the people that want them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this guy was tops in my book too, we need to get him back next year whatever it takes.

20. donrodin

donrodin

he told me about that, i'll bet that was a very VERY cool experience, he mentioned several times how much he appreciated what you guys did.

21. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

You do realize that you won THE award of the show!!

It doesn't get any better than the Bronson Family Award. I met Grandpa Bill many years ago and knew his son Larry, Bill's father. A few years ago we asked Bill if he would be interested in doing a Bronson Family Award for the Motorama and he agreed. Maybe it is because I knew all three generations....but that award and Bill's on stage speach explaining the award and how he picks it kind of gets to me everytime.
    Did you notice how that old Bronson 32 Highboy reeks with that old time smell?
    What a cool smell. Wish I could bottle that stuff...

John, I cant thank you enough for asking that I give the award away. It is truely an honor to represent my Father and my Grandfather each year by giving their memorial award at your show. Also, thanks again to all the Road Rockets for all the work in making the 32 Roadster transformation back to 1951 happen. I hope all enjoyed the display. (BTW...My wife calls that smell my 93 octane calogne...I sell it for $19.95 a bottle.:)
    )
    Donnie, It was great to meet you this weekend. You have a great car and an even better attitude and appreciation for this hobby. As I told you, meeting you and the other 'kids' in your age group make me believe that traditional hot rodding is in great hands for the future.:)

22. Hotrodhonda?

Hotrodhonda?
    from Anderson

what era custom you talkin ?:eek: i took pictures of everything really

23. Hotrodhonda?

Hotrodhonda?
    from Anderson

24. 65 impala

65 impala

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I really wish I could have been there - that show is pretty amazing - I think the amount of cars that the Road Rockets are getting in there is second to only the GNRS for sheer numbers for an indoor show.

Amazing stuff

MercDeuceMan, Tom, and Naomi put a lot of hard work into this - they are to be commended!

I hope to seeya in 2011.

26. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

There are a TON of photos at the link just below.

Go to the 1962 Indy Motorama folder for most of the cars that were in that portion of the show. Go to the 2010 Indy World of Wheels folder for the cars that were in those rooms (Don't be afraid, there were some really nice rods and customs over there too!)

Enjoy.

http://public.fotki.com/redlinetoys/...r-show-photos/

27. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Here are a couple of shots of Gene Winfield showing us how to chop a top. Also a shot of him and a couple of shady guys.

Attached Files:

28. Hotrodhonda?

Hotrodhonda?
    from Anderson

29. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

I've gone for a couple years now, this year I dragged another guy from my club with me...he was sceptical about it, till he walked around and he was VERY impressed! Ither than the Pile-Up, this is the only show I REALLY want to go to every year! I wish more people from the Chicagoland area would come down, its close enough!!

30. draginsteel

draginsteel

Great pictures Thanks