Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urban camoflage to hide junk cars from code inforcement Nazi's.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wsdad, Nov 29, 2009.

1. nutajunka

nutajunka

I owned a house with about 3/4's of the block was my land. When the city came in and put in a new road and driveways they didn't meaure correctly, so the house next to me, which was a rental, had it's driveway halfway on my property. A new renter moves in and instantly starts to complain about 3 running and drivable trucks in the back yard.
    The code inforcer comes out and says you have to have them on concrete, so I asked who complained and he said your neighbor, so when she got home that night they were on concrete on my side of her driveway...:D

2. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I live in the ghetto and the problem is a little different. The "urban camo" is designed to keep the ghetto rats uninterested in your place. I don't clean up the outside of the house, the garage looks abandoned and junk is piled past the windows inside. I'm sure there is a code officer for my little city but they are probably part-time at best and more interested in not getting carjacked while out on patrol.

I can't stand people who are passive-aggressive neighbors. Here's an idea: introduce yourself to your neighbors when you move in. Talk to them regularly. The one thing between someone loading the entire contents of your house into a truck when you aren't home might be your neighbor. I may live in the ghetto but I know all my neighbors and talk to them regularly. The old lady next door ran off a ghetto rat who was trying to kick in my back door. Someone who pisses off their neighbors might find out that their flat screen TV being loaded into the back of a Caprice on 24s might not warrant a call to the police...

3. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

4. Concrete B

Concrete B

this is the greatest thread ever. Theres some funny ideas here

Luckly for me, out local gov't doesn't have codes. Theres also not 1 HOA in my town. I could load up my backyard with junk, but i don't out of courtesy for my neighbors. I have some piles of scrap hidden from view as much as possible. My neighbors are more fascinated by me than offended.

5. until i get a summons to go to court about my vehicles i don't worry to much as they are taking furlow day at the county and most of them bastards are to lazy to give a damm! best advice i can give is let people mind their own business.

6. seanrace

seanrace

AQbout 15 years ago my brother-in-law had an 80's Malibu that he was redoing and it was parked next to his parents garage while he had the motor in garage being overhauled. In-laws had a "neighbor" who lived 3 blocks away and kept complaining to the town about it but didn't know my father-in-law was on the town council so we found out who was complaining. The complainer was a guy we called Mr. Perfect because his house and yard were perfect, I swear he cut is lawn with haircutting scissors. Anyway I overheard my brother-in-law talking about it and decided to take some action. At the time I was driving a 79 malibu that I got for free and painted it with spray bombs, flat black with big white 3's on the doors and roof, it looked like a real hilljack car that I only drove back and forth to work. I decided that every time I visited the in-laws I would park in front of this guys house, man he would get pissed and threaten me. After about a month of frequent visits and leaving the car there for a few days at a time he confronted me and I just told him to quit bitching about other peoples property that he cannot see from his house and we won't have anymore problems. He bitched one more time and I left the pos Malibu in front of his house for a weekend in which he had a family reunion and he finally relented. The nice thing was he moved less than a year later.

The way I look at it is you need to find loopholes and also use the rules against those who complain about things that are really not a problem. In this case the car wasn;t on blocks or anyhting that would make you think it was derelict The complainers obviously have nothing better to do and need to put in their place from time to time.

This thread is also why I will never live in subdivision.

7. 41 C28

41 C28

A coupe of times I've had cars that had to sit in my drive way while I removed parts or before I could get them into the garage. No one complained but I tried to make them look as good as I could by washing them and putting Armor all on the tires and by painting the rusty areas on another so in was a good 20 footer from the street.

8. wizzard23

wizzard23

Or having a revival meeting!!!!!!!!!!:D

9. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

So do I---buy a few head just for the hell of it and scare the YUP out of 'em.

10. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------------
    [ "Good morning Joe, lovely day isnt it.
    Lovely day for open headers God bless
    you and your headers
    " ]

Hmmm?? That kind of reminds of a
    big-block Chevelle Super/Stocker that
    used to run at the local strip sometimes.
    It was called "Neighbor's Nightmare".
    For the life of me, I can't imagine why
    though!! LOL :D :D :D

Mart3406
    ==================

11. Years ago my wife and I planted cedars 30" apart on each side of our 300' deep lot. They were 6" in from the lot line so they would be 12" before they met the neighbours property. We have other stragically planted trees to eliminate any drive by lookyloos. All our trees are at least 20' high now with realatively no maintanence. Even Luke the Snoop has to go out of his way to figure out whats going on!

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Best post on this entire thread:D

Attached Files:

• 3341.jpg
      3341.jpg
      File size:
      74.6 KB
      Views:
  13. mrrocket

mrrocket

Yeah, isn't that the truth...

In my area, you must edge your yard, no fence over 6 foot and no fence past your house front. No boats/trailers in driveway. No sheds (hurricanes are their excuse) in the back yeard. you can build a 2 foot deep "shed" attached to your fence, but not the house. So far my nieghbors are pretty cool, but I do have "Mrs. Kravitz" (Bewitched refference) across the street. She is always, always nosing around. Luckily my wife LOVES to garden and so does "Mrs. Kravitz" so the wife has done a great job of greasing her up for things. Being the only tattooed person around here, driving an old car, who cuts their own grass and does all their own house work, with a rotation of clients dogs (all quiet mind you) and younger than the rest around me has been "interesting". Luckily ALL the neighbors kids love us, we have the largest back yard for miles and I play foot ball with the squirts and let them run around playing with the dogs. I also "hire" them to help me with little chores...so far, so good. Let see what happens when I start pulling a motor or replacing a wiring harness though in the driveway... :)

All in all, we play very nice, and are business owners, so once they realized we wern't drug dealers (we have loose hours compared to most) and we wern't partiers they warmed up.