Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are you getting a weird notification - unapproved group message, etc...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan, Feb 7, 2010.

1. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Just got this one?

connection to pup135.conepuppy.com:33012 failed

2. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Ditto on what PegLeg said.

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

connection to pup135.conepuppy.com:33012 failed

X3^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

SAME HERE connection to pup135.conepuppy.com:33012 failed

5. I have 4, but I started a group or two...

6. Doug B

Doug B

Same here

7. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

yes i have one that i can not clear of my mail!!!!

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

New problem I noticed,,can't find any of my posts from last two days when I do a search

9. adventurer

adventurer

I have received this message, and thinking it was from HAMB , opened it. Now a nasty security spam message is infesting my PC.
    Any computer gurus that can help me remove this virus? It seemed a real mail from the HAMB, that's why I opened .

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Dear, exsedan;Rocket Scientist Chris;Crosley;Old Farts and Old Fords;a54Studebaker!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://security-tool2010.org/exsedan;Rocket Scientist Chris;Crosley;Old Farts and Old Fords;a54Studebaker----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration www.jalopyjournal.com.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

10. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I got an "Unapproved Group Messages" too....

11. The last month I've got three "virus warnings" from different spammers claiming to be forum administrators... (as I run a Mac I of course understod it was a spammer the first time!).

Below is a copy of one:

This is the message that was sent:
    Dear, av8;DrJ;Kustm52;Miles;RPW!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://security-tool2010.org/av8;Dr...----------------------------------------Forum Administration www.jalopyjournal.com.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/private.php

All the best,
    THE H.A.M.B.

12. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

mine went away all week,,,this morning its back

unapproved social group message

13. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_search.php on line 826

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_search.php on line 826

<META name=generator content="vBulletin 3.8.2"><META name=keywords content="hot rods, hot rod, kustoms, customs, traditional, flathead, ford, lead slead, 1932, 32, mercury, chevrolet, kulture, HAMB, jalopy journal, rod n custom, rodders, hotrod, gow, nailhead, buick, olds, oldsmobile, rod, custom, quickchange, gear, lincoln, drag race, NHRA, drags, reliability, speed, power, race, vintage, tattoo, grease, antique, classifieds, message board, forum, ryan, cochran"><META name=description content="This forum is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums worldwide."><!-- CSS Stylesheet --><STYLE id=vbulletin_css type=text/css>/*** vBulletin 3.8.2 CSS* Style: 'Hamb'; Style ID: 12*/@import url("clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-7bf17947-00012.css");</STYLE><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="clientscript/vbulletin_important.css?v=382"><!-- / CSS Stylesheet --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js?v=382"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/connection/connection-min.js?v=382"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--var SESSIONURL = "";var SECURITYTOKEN = "1266182699-6c1ca489c1180b43b0cdff979de57ddc56fcdc49";var IMGDIR_MISC = "hamb/misc";var vb_disable_ajax = parseInt("0", 10);// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=382"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js?v=382"></SCRIPT><LINK title="THE H.A.M.B. RSS Feed" rel=alternate type=application/rss+xml href="external.php?type=RSS2"><!-- based on vB Skin Zone - Red Carbon 3.7.0 - 1.0.0 --><!-- logo -->

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

so whats the word boss? if you cant get it fixed, ill just stick a peice of black tape over the top right of my pc screen! its how i fix the dummy lights in my cars!! :p

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The German is on it... It should be fixed soon.

16. Merc63

Merc63

That SecurityTool2010.org PM is hitting a lot of forums this month, with peopel geting PMs from "teamModerators' or Administrators" (and the user accounts for those are created new, so that's the first tipoff). Funny thing is if you go to the linked site on a Mac, all teh popups and visuals make it look like you are on Windows. A friend showed me that and I lol'd...

More info on it, as well as tools to remove it if you followed the link accidentally:

http://www.google.com/search?source..._ENUS364&q=security-tool2010.org&aq=f&aqi=&oq=

17. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Got this one today

Dear, model.A.keith;jhnarial;Dan Hay;doowahditty;terrytiger!There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.total-scan.com/detected/m...h;jhnarial;Dan Hay;doowahditty;terrytigerThis is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.Thank you. Yours truly, Cliff Edwards.

18. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

I got a very similar one as this one this morning.

19. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Here is the one I get;

New Private Message at THE H.A.M.B.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    THE H.A.M.B. to you - 8 hrs agoMore Details
    [​IMG] THE H.A.M.B. <[email protected]>Hide

Add to: To Do, Calendar
    To:
    [​IMG] [email protected]

Cc:

Bcc:

Date:
    Wed, Feb 17, 2010 12:19 am

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!***************************Dear 38FLATTIE,You have received a new private message at THE H.A.M.B. from Cliffinzz, entitled "Pay attention to..".To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/private.phpThis is the message that was sent:***************Dear, 38FLATTIE;112Wabush;ROADSTER GAL;bend_it;chase55!There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://www.total-scan.com/detected/38FLATTIE;112Wabush;ROADSTER GAL;bend_it;chase55This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.Thank you. Yours truly, Cliff Edwards.***************Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/private.phpAll the best,THE H.A.M.B.

20. That virus led me to a site alleging they'd cure my computer's ills.
    The virus destroyed my computer big time.

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

damn! they were gone for a day or 2!! now there back!! :(

22. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

seems their back again

got this today

Your computer was noticed in email spam. It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet). Strongly recommend you to scan your computer for malware. You can do it online at: http://total-scan.org/spammers/model...h;jhnarial;Dan Hay;doowahditty;terrytiger Please, follow this. Otherwise I have to send abuse mail to your ISP with all the ensuing consequences.Truly yours, Dennis Adams.

Keith

23. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Don't reply to anything - don't click on any links -

just delete it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cob

24. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

? the human torch was denied a bank loan

25. I have had this notification "5 unapproved group messages" for a few months please make it go away....

thanks

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I figured it out!

Well, not really what it thought was unapproved. I had breeder transfer his group to me and looked at every single post. None were unapproved.

I tried a lot of things. What worked in the end was selecting every post on each page and unapproving them. Then select them again and approve them again.

It worked.