Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gambino kustoms san jose speed and chrome presents fatman fabs wishbone giveaway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Feb 6, 2010.

1. lowongas

lowongas

Wow..so many good looking cars and some awesome ones up and coming too...I dont have a cool car..( yet ..) or a REALLY good story to tell,in fact I only have a frame right now.The car I wanted was a 1930 Ford Model A coupe but prices seem to be climbing so I settled on 1928 Mode A tudor that was a 4 door but now is a 2 door...probally not HAMB friendly but it is mine and I wouldnt part with it anyway.It usually takes months of saving to get any part I need but hey,if it was easy...Here is a pic of what I have,those parts would come in real handy.Sorry but it dumped everything in my photo album.

Attached Files:

2. fryguy

fryguy

I'd like to humbly put my name into the hat if you do desire I deserve the right to have a chance. I am working on a '31 A highboy Roadster that at this point doesn't have a motor right now. Its running a '39 ford trans to a 47 Ford banjo rear with Lincoln brakes from Wilson welding. F1 brakes in the front. Right now just running the stock bones but would love to to show off a set of your new wishbones. Here is a pic from the original build running a 283 SBC.

Fryguy

[​IMG]

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hey jeff how ya been got ya on for 2

yell yes alls thats needed is a hot rod or one in the works and a pic ive been alil slow updating is all

you made the cut

need a pic bro

thanxs for keepin this up sorry i had ya hangin

your on the list kool car and pic

yer in

thanxs buddy yer down fer 2

come on breeder have the faith your down for 2 spots

4. Duke

Duke

They would look really good on my 34 coupe build. The car is an old stock car that was last raced in 54. I have been busy over the last year collecting parts to fix all of the damage. I have most of the parts and body work will start soon. I was lucky enough to find a stock floor with a cowl attached to it, which will really help in getting this car back into shape. The build plan is a 1957 Rocket 371, 56 olds rear, chopped, bobbed rear fenders and cycles in the front.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Change is good! The '32 could use an update. Thanks Alex!

Attached Files:

6. In the planning stages....

Wanting to build an early '60's "show" rod based on the concept below....

[​IMG]

Plans include a chopped and channelled art-deco Chevy cab (no soft top), windshield visor, shortened bed, COE hood, custom frame, and a Corvair engine, differential, and trans mounted in the bed under a louvered (or uphoulstered) tonneau cover. Paint is to be a medium flake dark orange or emerald green, with white and metal flake tuck-n-roll inside. It will roll on period aluminum slots and biased blackwall rubber (possibly dirt-track-style).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, ya gotta start somewhere!

Thanks for the opportunity to enter for the contest! Keep up the great work!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  7. cruzr

cruzr

The new wishbones would cap off the "remodel" i just did on the coupe

Attached Files:

8. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

KIRK!'s old desorta modified project (29 desoto). Will get a banjo or possibly quickchange rear, TH350 trans or powerglide?, and a 250 chevy inline or might go early chevy small block (offered a 327 for free), not sure yet, multi carbs. Most likely no windshield, half tonneau cover, bench seat, 32 dash, steel 16" rims, 40 ford front brakes, dropped axle, possible hood, headlights etc.

Attached Files:

9. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Ok ..Here it goes. Man those things would look cool on my '28. It's an all steel 1928 Ford sedan sitting on a homemade frame. Pete and Jakes front axil with odds and ends of stuff that keeps it on the road. SB chevy T350 and a Ford rear end. It would set this thing off!!!

Attached Files:

10. I would love to qualify as my avatar has a stock unsplit w-bone - the new bones would be great! Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

12. dart165

dart165

kind of a mess right now, but here's our 34 roadster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

I've been collecting parts for my '29 Nash, but it'll be on the road by summer.

-It's Nash cowl and doors and '27 Touring front seat backing.
    -2x4 square tube chassis, with first 3 feet of model A frame and rear crossmember (obviously not in pic)
    -352 FE w/ 4speed and 9"

It'll be a early 60's style street driven roadster, with chrome here and there.

Thanks and great idea Alex! Even if I don't win, you know you'll still get my business! :D

[​IMG]

(and No it won't be that low and the body is getting straightened out)

14. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

They would look sweat on my '32 Vicky, I'll just have to work on some matching rears.

Attached Files:

15. ravedodger

ravedodger

Here's my project...err...pile of parts. It isn't much, but it's my start.

Ravedodger's Hot Rod001.JPG

Ravedodger's Hot Rod004.JPG

16. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

I'd put on my '27 Ford Roadster .

Attached Files:

17. Deadbird

Deadbird

Count me in! My project needs a good kick start. Actually, I just need a good swift kick in the butt to get started! :eek:

Anyway, she's a 29 Model A Tudor Sedan. Gonna put it on one of those sweet Riley frames. Small block Chevy (I know) and a Muncie M21.

And yes, I am an Alliance Member. Everybody should be!

Attached Files:

18. 067chevy

067chevy

Ok add me. I'm back to work on the Hiboy coupe.
    [​IMG]

19. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

I'll throw my hat into this deal. I'm planning on eliminating the 80's look (4-bar, fat tires, etc.) and going further back in time. It's already got an early Olds with a 4 speed. I'd be proud to run a set of Brent's split bones.

Attached Files:

• JS1.jpg
      JS1.jpg
      File size:
      116.6 KB
      Views:
    • JS2.jpg
      JS2.jpg
      File size:
      117.3 KB
      Views:
  20. duke182

duke182

i would use them on my roadster project, that is being turned into an HA/GR

Attached Files:

• a16.jpg
      a16.jpg
      File size:
      226.6 KB
      Views:
  21. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Alex, Wow thanks again for a wonderful give a way. And since its my birthday today I'll enter now. Here is a pic of my 31 sedan thats just in the works. It will either have a SBC(4x2) or a 425 Nailhead, T5 and 9in rear. The one thing I don't have.......... front BONES!

Later,Bill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  22. I have two I could use those new bones on..(actually more, but don't want to come across as too greedy:D) First is this 34 olds...the front half is a model a frame with a back half will not be tubbed tho...going for some performance out of this hot rod...The second will be a totally traditional 29 Roadster similiar to my Lazy 8 with some updates behind a 303 olds and slant pan. (boxed frame and no torque tube) The interior is from an original LA Roadsters car done by Martinez back in the day....thanks for the offer! Don

Attached Files:

23. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

Would love to have drilled bones to match my axle

Attached Files:

24. What a great give away. Brent modified my '61 Caddy Drop Top back in 2001 adding Airride Suspension (fabricated) prior to kits being avalable.

These Drilled Wishbones would set off my '31 Coupe. Matching my dressed SBC with polished aluminum and a little chrome here and there. This car was chopped by Clarke (HAMBER). Custom Frame with four inch kickup, Powerglide, '32 dash with Older Stewart Warner Gauges.

Thanks Gambino for a great offer.

Attached Files:

• 31.jpg
      31.jpg
      File size:
      51.3 KB
      Views:
  25. I am currently building a new frame using cen-pen's traditional air cross-member and plan to do drilled bones and I-beam. Here is a pic of my solid-body '30 chevy coupe on it's original frame, and a cellphone-pic of the frame in progress. I decided the orig frame should be passed onto someone who wants to run parallel leaves, so I started fresh.
    I am an Alliance member, proudly. In fact, if I am a selected "winner", I will sponsor a non-alliance member "runner up" of your choosing with 1-year Alliance membership! (I dig the "pay-it-forward" idea, wish more folks just do it.)

Thanks to you for these great giveaways!

Andrew aka thehotrodguy

Attached Files:

26. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well I am working on gathering parts for my wifes 36 ford P/U build and these would be a HUGE help! So please put our name in the drawing! Thanks for the killer chance for some rod hardware! Here are 2 pics, one as found and one sitting at our house waiting for me to get started on it. Jim&Dawn Brown

Attached Files:

27. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

We'll I hope you can count me in on this. I love to have these as part of our ride!!!
    I have been working on this for over a year now with both my sons. Showing them how a Real Rod can be built with the simpliest of items. I have used a '50 8BA "Industrial Flathead" which was a former Schulemberger oil field mud pump motor. This has never been in a car nor has it been torn apart. Except for the intake and exhaust it is untouched. Homemade zoomies with no baffles. Transmission is a '39 box with Zephry gears. Attached is a photo of it still bolted to the skid unit.
    The frame is an old T-bucket type, swap meet find. The rear end is a '41 Ford PU unit as is the steering column, steering wheel and front spindles. '41 Ford PU juice brakes with drilled backing plates. The windshield in a '23 T cut down with all natural mother nature pantina. The grill is a cut down '29 A with a '63 Falcon radiator. The body is a old Spirit unit with a home made engine turned dash and Ford gauges. Wheeels are Vintiques with Firestone Deluxe Champs 7.50-15 and 10.00-15 Firestone Dragster Cheaters in the rear. Ansen brake / clutch assembly with a Ford truck slave cylinder moving the parts. All cloth wiring made from various Ford car and truck harnesses. B-L-C headlamps and '32 taillamps with cut and reversed mounts. Model A bed with 2' cut out of the middle. Model A rear crossmember and split rear '41 PU bones.
    The pics do not show all of these changes as I took these back in the late summer

Attached Files:

28. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

I am still gathering part for my '36 ford pickup. Those would look Bee-Itchin' on it. Put my name in the hat!

Attached Files:

• 037.jpg
      037.jpg
      File size:
      381 KB
      Views:
    • 038.jpg
      038.jpg
      File size:
      497.9 KB
      Views:
    • 039.jpg
      039.jpg
      File size:
      390.4 KB
      Views:
    • 040.jpg
      040.jpg
      File size:
      444.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  29. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

My 1931 Model A Coupe Frame which means I need everything.. Already have a Fatman Vintage IFS as a start to my suspension...
    [​IMG]

My 1951 331 Hemi that is going to go in the Coupe after it gets rebuilt..

[​IMG]

Definitely my work in progress!

30. Thanks for the giveaway, good luck with the store.
    23 T roadster - Im shootin for a loosely based Ed Iskendarian long wheel base T roadster.

Attached Files: