Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage puyalup early bird swap meet feb 13-14

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moses, Feb 6, 2010.

1. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I bought a few things, passed on some things I didn't want bad enough to carry, and did not pick up an ash tray I really should have grabbed.

Saw some HAMB'rs too, but mostly hung with my brothers who actually picked me up for this trip. One of them is a HAMB'r too.

2. 1320/150

1320/150

Ha Ha I saw that!!! I almost bought it. That was on the inside one of the pavilions???

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yea man the lady had it for 30 years. A buck a year I guess

4. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

The '54 wagon was mine. final sale price $1800.00. Wished you guys would of talked to me,I would have taken less from a HAMB'r! Dude I talked to you as you were walking away with your Jackalope and the bitchin' metal hat! Didn't even know it was you.....

5. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Well sucks to be broke and just getting better from the flu, I'm comeing On Sunday, Will have the flame beeny on and Northwest flanel.....Roach.

6. Good times, we left at 2:00 am this morning and I just got home. I got a super old metal shear, some 33 parts, some 17" wires, a cheap 97, and a bitchin 40's go cart :D

Saw lots of Hambers and some good deals!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

<<<<<<<< That is me. I seem to find a new hat at every swapmeet. That and an Indy steering wheel. I didn't find a wheel this time but my neck still hurts from the best hat ever. I think we all need nametags or somting.

8. 1320/150

1320/150

I'm sure being a fellow local 66 sheet metal worker wouldn't have hurt my chances either!!! FUCK!!!! Oh well too projects on my side aswell!! This one might go down as my top 5 woulda, coulda, shoulda's!!!!

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I looked hard at the wagon also, looked it over real good.. some issues here and there but no worse then my old 53 as a starting point (looked like all the specific wagon parts were there). took a picture and sent it to the wife to get her buy-in, since we really did not have the extra money.. by the time I talked with her it was sold.. Oh well. I do not need 3 projects.. though I will own another 49-54 wagon in the next few years.

10. moses

moses

well i sold lots of stuff but i didnt sell the roadster lots of lookers lots of i wanters
    if i had a doller from everyone that took pictures id be a rich mofo!!!
    the onlything i bought was a electronic slot machine that worked at the swapmeet
    but i cant get it to work at home im bummed...jeffrey

11. vein

vein

I missed out Im bummed!!! looks like lots good deals to be had. Isnt there a swap meet next weekend?

12. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

all i came home is a buzz and a visor

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I saw a dude and a gal wearing jackets from your car club it must have been you. Did you buy that Fulton for 150?? I'm tellin ya man we need some dang way to tell who is who.

14. Definitely, whenever I where one of my Hamb shirts to a show I always meet someone.

15. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

yes that was me and my friends wife

16. Heres some pics of what I bought. The 40 wheel is NOS, the shear I thought was for metal...but it's for shingles. The Go cart is my favorite, I took the engine out and got it free'd up, no spark though. I'll get it running and it should drive with a belt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  17. cris that motor looks like a "husky" out of a cushman scooter. if it is and you have it freed up find a cheap electronic conversion for it and it will start every time even if it sits for long periods!

18. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Ha! Tim, Looked at your car also, for quite a while. Noticed no pedals on the floor. Flintstone style? Looked around for ya but no go. Was needing a shot. Saw lots Of HAMBers. Sinister,HRScott,KustomBuick,Boones,Moses,Dubcee and possie again,and the Dude with the Jackalope. We all laughed at ya! Nuthing really turned my___, so went home with some more stupid stuff for the leftover 57 motor. Stole some peanuts and a Mondelo sticker and tootsie roll and gone by 2:00. Stopped by promax and the Natte Latte(pasties & coffee):eek::D;)Boing! on the way home. Good day.

19. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hahaha....I saw that shear too Chris....
    So ya couldn't talk yer pops into the grill eh?

20. Yep, he bought that grill...1300.00!

21. tim,was that the 54' wagon you always had? that looked pretty decent. storing vehicles gets old even with inside storage.

22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well, i bought some stuff i didnt need. Only saw Jeff, and no other hambers.

Walked around all day, and still didnt see everyone. Had the club out in full force though.

OH, i did blow the motor up in the nash on the way home though! :(

23. moses

moses

ouch that sucks..on blown up the motor on your way home ...jeffrey

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

that was me and my wife said we had a '52 to fit that visor.

good score man.

25. moses

moses

kicking my ass not buying them tires 16 inch copper rims big and small with wide wites
    he wanted 850 the set bias though got scared because of that i think i have to much horse power for them but they where beutiful ..jeffrey

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Yea, im super bummed. Dropped compression on a couple cylinders, and smokin like a son of a gun.

Gotta pull the block, drop the pan, pull the pistons, and see whats up :mad:

27. Bought a sweet Olds flipper cap for $25 bucks, no dings, dents or scratches. Couldn't pull the money out fast enough. Bought some front and rear turn signals for my Nomad ( now not running , electrical melt down) Hood emblems, rear quarter Bel-Air script and the guy gave me the quarter panel shields. Cool old Delco Battery money clip. Got a great free license plate frame ( In Seattle- It's My-Te Fine ! ) looks like now I need to buy a wiring loom ! LOL

28. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Spent 20 min. digging in this box of door handle trim rings finally asked the guy how much for the box must be 200 in there. Got it for $20 and $10 for the spot.

Attached Files:

29. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

I thought that looked a lot like you. That thing smelled god awful.

30. draggin37

draggin37

Anybody pic up that belly tank? I snagged another 40 chev master steering wheel. missing horn button. Then when i got home and looked for a button on ebay i ended up buying a whole coplete wheel with button. Oh well.