Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a surprise this morning!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edweird, Feb 13, 2010.

1. edweird

edweird

if yall had a hurricane you would be talking about it. would'nt you? we dont get snow, so when we do,WE TALK ABOUT IT! AINT NOBODY WHINING.

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Here we aren't surprised when it snows. Our big deal is hoping the one we just had will be the last for the season. I've shoveled the drive to go to Easter services so I don't bet on anything here in michigan.

Frank

3. 61 chevy

61 chevy

my dog Ziggy having a run in the snow in Castle Hayne, N. C.

Attached Files:

4. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

And......now it is gone. Perfect! Thats the way we like it down south.

5. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Hey Ed, I'll be in Barnwell most of April, We'll have to get together and pull some lines, tell some lies and check out some hot rods.
    Russ

6. edweird

edweird

lets do it!

7. InPrimer

InPrimer

Hey edweird, used to go to Walterboro in the late '60's to watch drag racing there, saw 1/2 " of snow shut down Chas in 68 or 69.( stationed at Chas AFB) I lived in the rust belt for over 50 yrs, that's why I really enjoy AZ now..... put up with the summer heat it beats that white stuff any time and the ol bones don't ache!!

8. Anybody else notice that old Al Gore has been laying low lately?:D

9. haychrishay

haychrishay

I wake up to it all the time

10. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Aw shit got up friday morning and played hookie 6" of snow in east Texas rhino and a knee board quilty entertainment!! should of been working on my 3 window.

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

its fuckin winter! get over it !!!!!! [in a couple months} :p

12. CayoRV

CayoRV

Global Warming?

13. duke182

duke182

every time the sun comes out. gotta love it!

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Wow, just wow. I'm guessing not one of you guys have really read anything on the global warming theories. It's pretty obvious as you are all ignorant of what is really theorized to be going on. The polar caps are melting and the effect on the weather is predicted to be things exactly like this. Maybe just maybe do a little research before running your mouth. I'm not saying I agree with the theories but the basis for what they are asking is to pollute less. I'm all for it. I'd like kids to be able to breath and have clean water. :rolleyes:

15. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I'm all for less pollution, cleaner air, etc. The wacko leftists make everything doom and gloom, try to advance their causes by fear and sensationalism. They squash anyone's opinion that doesn't jive with theirs. There are just as many scientists who have shown that it is a NORMAL cycle and has happened before, even without human intervention.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The wackos on the right do the same crap, or I should say all politicians, and a bunch of other idiots. As for the normal cycle, they all agree on that, the contention is wether we have sped it up or not. I just would like people to quit spouting off the stupid talking points they got off of the boob tube. :p

17. nutajunka

nutajunka

OK the weather is $hit here. Wifie and me decide to get away for a week. Call a southern hotel and the guy say's we have 5 inches of snow here, but we have 21 big screens, one in the john, the best looking waitress around, and after your overindulgence, you can stagger back to your room. Global warming? It's all in how you look at it...:D

18. Gigantor

Gigantor

Word. That's really the only reason I'd consider moving.... now I'm not so sure. Hell, we haven't had snow for over a month!

The end is nigh! The end is nigh!

19. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

History sayes that this part of the world was under 300 feet of ice once. If it was not for global worming it would still be under ice.

20. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Paging Al Gore, get your ass back to the US and save us from this global warming!

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Overcast, 40 degrees, with rain everyday.

Since NOVEMBER!!!!

22. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

We got about 6" more snow last night and its still coming down, I am really getting tired of winter.......

23. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Weather.com says it will by 74 today in Long Beach, Ca. I dont beleive them. It will get to at least 76 today :cool: Enjoy the snow.

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

You're right, saw that on the local news. I don't miss it either. Seen enough snow to last a lifetime. I do like the fact that some people back on the mainland still drive their rods in the snow. Diehards indeed.:D

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that's funny raght thar, ah don't care who you are!

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wow!. My parents live in Pagosa Springs and wanted to know when I was gonna come visit. Not now for sure! Okay, I'm a wuss, but at least I'm a wuss sitting here in shorts and a tee shirt with the doors and windows open! lol

27. 61bone

61bone

An the wife says " Tell me again why we live in South Dakota."

Attached Files:

28. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Did Bolling Green KY get snow? I hate to think of the coved grandstands at Beach Bend with that kind of snow load

29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the answer is right in front of our noses, there is MORE co2, because we have cut down every dam tree on the planet, the trees get RID of the co2. they make oxygen which we need to breathe, i love cars, this isn't a rant against them, but they are being cleared for more and more subdivisions. the earth does go through cycles though, it's the way it works and the politicians are trying to stir up hysteria about it. And what does it snowing up north have to do with global warming? It's the north it's supposed to snow. I grew up in Ohio, we always got lots of snow, it's not new. yea we get some down here, but it melts quick.