Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mr. Unswitchable funnycar:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c-10 simplex, Feb 8, 2010.

1. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

[​IMG]

i need as much info as possible on this car: Technical info, links, literature, interviews, pictures etc.

Thanks in advance.

Steve SmithOhio likes this.
  2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

kind of bizarre, in a kick ass kind of way.

with a tail overhang like that, can't be much wheelie action out of that one. Very odd proportions, but dig it.

not sure what "Mr. Unswitchable" was all about, but we'll leave that to other types of boards to discuss.

maybe post up on the bad ass Pontiacs thread

Steve SmithOhio likes this.
  3. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

there is a funny car site on the web that has alot of pics. as well as a drag racing thread here that might have some pics..any help as to years ran and tracks, i know i have seen it before.....

4. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

C10...the only info i have, is that it's a AA/FD imposter...POP.

5. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

here you go... draglist.com and pontiacheaven.com have some info says the name is for the gm ban on racing in 64..

Attached Files:

6. Church Key

Church Key

I am sure you probably know that Car Craft Magazine did an indept x ray article of this car around 1967. I have heard this car has been rumored to be around Massachusetts for the last ten years. What can you tell us about this car?

7. patman

patman

Tried that into google? You get a bunch of hits...

8. [​IMG]
    What would you like to know? I am fairly knowledgeable on vintage funnies, esp Pontiacs.
    It was Dick Jesses last funny car. He was a salesman at Royal Pontiac in Michigan. Also ventured out on himself too.
    It was Pontiac powered and had headers that came up and out alongside the driver.

I always thought it was pretty ugly but, still a Pontiac :).
    Steve

Hosting
    12th annual Pontiac Heaven April 8-10 Phoenix
    www.pontiacheaven.org
    8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  9. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

found somthing on a poncho site about the engine in a shop and found these pics from ricks custom fabricatiom in mass.

Attached Files:

10. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

hey applekate p.m me i have some questions for ya.....tom

11. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Why do they have a swing set on the top of it ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. Church Key

Church Key

13. Church Key

Church Key

14. Church Key

Church Key

15. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Does that thing have airbags in the rear?

16. Church Key

Church Key

17. edweird

edweird

wasnt there a model kit of it?

18. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Thanks for posting; i've been off the net for a few days because my cable went out due to the storm(s).

i'm blown away by the all pontiac (except spindles) drivetrain. i'm also blown away by the air springs in rear. Also, it appears that a front suspension type a-arm is being used to located the rear? More innovation!

Any idea what Dick Jesse is doing these days?

19. Unfortunately, Mr. Jesse died many years ago. I believe it was in the early 1980s.

20. AlteredChevy

AlteredChevy
    from Chi Town

So Mr.Unswitchable Was Found????????? I've been a little obsessed with this one for awhile. I'll try to dig up the info i have on it

21. 51box

51box
    from MA

I know this post is a little old but I met the guy who owns this car at a local cruise night, the car lives in SE mass and the guy who owns it had ricks build a legit chassis for it and that's as far as it's gone. He said the car actually won a national event in the 60s. It ran a 421 Pontiac engine. I don't understand the putting a new chassis under it, i think it shoulda been left as found.

22. racemad55

racemad55

Yes,MPC made the model! Allways liked Don Gays better

23. I thought that car was owned by a guy in Ohio.....seems I remember him talking about it a few years back, he also had a very cool custom GP that showed up on evilbay a few years back.

24. Primer King

Primer King

Blair Smith is the current owners name; or atleast last I knew a few years ago. He is in Ma. I met him thru model car buy/sell/trade deals and talked with him a few times about this car. I don't have any pics or much of anything else to verify what I'm saying here, but I seem to recall that he had the old chassis closely replicated because the original was in really bad shape from years of use/modifications/neglect. Doesn't explain the updated rollbar tho. Maybe he had planned to try running the car?

25. Steve SmithOhio

Steve SmithOhio

Wow time really flies. My friend Dick Kreiger here in Dayton Ohio had this car for a short time. I think maybe 95-2000 ish. I saw it in his shop Vintage / Bk pontiac parts. He had a 455 on an engine stand with 64ho heads and aluminum rods he wanted to get into the car but it fell off the engine stand and broke an exhaust port. He sold the engine seperately and started to have some big health issues. Dick ran many POCI events in Ohio and would put on many of the Carl Casper car shows in Dayton as well as Cincinnati. His show car Grand Prix ( I had thought it was a chieftain)was dubbed super chief and there's some videos of it being sold recently. It spotted a 428 with Chrome plated heads and intake and plexiglass valley cover and valve covers. I miss hanging out with him and hope to see this car on a track some day!

31 B'ville and SS327 like this.