Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Game of What the F*&K is it???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppershox, Feb 14, 2010.

1. choppershox

choppershox

Can anybody ID this thing. I am pretty sure its not a ford. It was a mint green 2Dr. It looks like a late 20's. It could be anyting. I think it was a off brand like a essex or reo or something because I have scoured the land of google pics and nothing as far as a hint to what it is!!!!!!!!!!

Its had a opening in the passengers quarter panel about 12"x12" square Golf door. The doors were missing and the quarters were smashed beyond use. I rescued it from the desert by my house in Vegas. There wasnt anything else worth salvaging. I am cutting it up for use on my 34 plymouth coupe...Any Ideas of what the hell it is????????????

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  2. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Not sure either, but the comment about the golf door makes me think some sort of Dodge, Plymouth, or Chrysler. I can't remember right off which ones had the golf door, but I'll keep lookin. Steven.

3. Flop

Flop

4. 117harv

117harv

I have a nice pair of the quarter panels you speak of with the hole for the golf clubs and they are mint green also, the person i got them from thought they were off of a late 20's buick.

Here are some pics of a car with the door in the passenger quarter panel, the bead on the cowl looks abit different than yours, anyone know what year and make this is?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010

5. choppershox

choppershox

I agree with the body line and the hinge placement. I cannot find a car with a gold door on the quarter though...Id love some pics if someone could find one..Dave

6. choppershox

choppershox

7. jroberts

jroberts

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think alot of cars back than either could get the "golf door" or have it installed..

Im leaning toward the 26 Nash..because of the cowel line

now if we could see one with the hood up to see those bead rolls that are in your firewall that will be the dead giveaway

9. Flop

Flop

thats gotta be a 26 nash cowl ive been looking at every year of every odball make and nothing is like that.. is there any paint on the cowl that matches the quarters? maybe someone cut the door in like said before ...but i have no doubt that that could be anything else...ohh an we should chip in and buy the nash club a decent camera hahahah

10. choppershox

choppershox

11. Someone's gotta know that firewall. Does look Nash.

12. One way to ID might be if there was a frame left, to see if it has a serial number.

I assume being in the desert the quarters were just mangled and not rotted like they'd be here in the east? A guy who needs them might still want to hammer them out, I doubt anyone repops them, and I've had guys tell me they'd save stuff even *I* thought was junk...

13. choppershox

choppershox

They were basically flat. Someone had cut the car probably for a race car at some time. Im a bodyman and it was not even worth trying to save. I rescued the parts from the desert and one month later a bulldozer ran through the area to get ready for a new development. It was just another old car in the desert. There are more around here that I know about but this the only coupe. I know where a 4 door is a few miles away from my house. I think its a late 40's car but I dont care enough to go to it and take pics..The desert is full of old cars. There was a gulch in a nearby town that had a 56 chevy 210 sedan and other coupes. I went to it to retrieve the cars but someone had dragged them out. I bought another shoebox and forgot about them.. Its not uncommon to find cars while out on hunting trips...Your right, there is literally no rust....Just bullet holes and surface rust. My coupe came out of such a place.. Something to think about...Sweet dreams car lovers.........