Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mickey Thompson Exhibit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzincougar, Feb 11, 2010.

1. DSC01937.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01941.jpg The Wally Parks NHRA Museum opened a new exhibit tonight~
    MICKEY THOMPSON: FIRST AMERICAN TO 400 MPH
    Presented by Banks Power.
    I only got a couple of pictures because I was too busy eating appetizers and talking to people to take pictures. Great turn out! Prudhome, Isky, Xydias, Freiburger and Kinnan from Hot Rod, Tommy Ivo, Sharon and Bob Muravez (aka Mrs and Mr Floyd Lippincott Jr) , Gale Banks, Tom West, John and Don Ewald, Pat Ganahl, and Jim Travis. Heard there were about 200 people there.
    If you're at the races, Friday is Night of Champions and Saturday is the Collectibles Show.

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Cool tribute.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Must have been a great night for the photographers and autograph hounds. any more pictures to post?

Frank

4. racer756

racer756

6. I'll be there again tonight, maybe I can get some pictures without the food stations and tables that were there last night.

7. That sounds awesome. He was a great man and I think everyone should have a little Mickey in them.

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

cruzincougar

Thank you tons for sharing the photos. Do you have any in better focus? Must have been a great show. Slim

9. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

I posted some of these on a different thread but thought I'd add them here as well

THE Cam Father Ed Iskenderian having a chat with the Swamp Rat Don Garlits.

Don Prudhomme talking with one of the first Bonneville 200 mph club members Art Chrisman.

Mickey's son Danny

Missed getting pictures of Dan Gurney, Tommy Ivo, Danny Ongias, and so many more.....

Attached Files:

10. When it slowed down tonight, I got a few more pictures. Still don't know how to use my camera because most of them weren't that good, but a couple are alright.
    Museum was packed tonight I was working in the gift shop and was too busy to see who all was there, except I did see Garlits and McEwen.
    Jack Beckman stopped by to say high as did Bob Frye and a whole lot of folks that come out for the races every year.
    Another great turnout!!

Attached Files:

11. A couple more

Attached Files:

12. Got a couple more shots today
    I like the blown 2 and 4 cylinder engines from Pontiac V8's

Attached Files:

13. renrob5000

renrob5000

Thanks for posting...Challenger I is one of my all time favorite vehicles.

14. Took this one Sunday, it is the Thompson Mustang in front of the NHRA Museum, like I really needed to explain that.
    Let's see, the building says museum on it, the car is obviously a Mustang, and it says Thompson on the side.

Attached Files:

15. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for posting, Mickey did it all, built, drove, managed Lion's (very fairly, I might add), did Indy, off-road, etc...this display is a fitting tribute. (I do remember when Mickey showed up at the first meeting of the not-yet-formed PDA, at the Tahitian Village around '62, and, noting that Gary Cagle was a nominee to be on the board, Mickey first asked if there were any women in the crowd, and then, referring to Cagle, said bluntly "all policemen are pricks!"...Mickey had his way with words.)