Register now to get rid of these ads!

27 ford 2 door sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by georgedombeck, Feb 12, 2010.

1. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

Just got some vintage tin in the garage. Before I start to replace/repair steel I want to set the body right. What is the distance at the roof behind the doors? thanks. george
    [​IMG]

2. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

Here is a better shot of what I am talking about. Right where the tape is. thanks,george
    [​IMG]

3. edweird

edweird

looks like the car scott farcas was sitting on, in the christmas story.

4. a.y1320

a.y1320

"Just got some vintage tin in the garage. Before I start to replace/repair steel I want to set the body right. What is the distance at the roof behind the doors? thanks. george"

Not sure what your asking for here.

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

If you line up the doors so they fit flush to the body. Top and bottom, this should give you a workable measurement. Then tack a piece of steel across the top and add some interior bracing, then open and close the doors and check for fit. The doors are the key. I don't have an exact measurement. Because I don't think there ever was one.

6. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

Thanks Ghost 28 thats what I was asking. From the rear the body looks lile it bows out wierd just behind the doors. george

7. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

i'll get a measurement for you later today...

8. georgedombeck

georgedombeck