Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Norm Grabowski

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al Consoli, Aug 16, 2009.

1. RatRoy

RatRoy

Met him a couple of years ago at a Sonic Cruise in Tulsa with the 'Big Truck", then again at the Starbird show in Tulsa. Great guy, terrific spokesman for Hot Rodding in general. Hope he comes to the Stray Kat 500 in Dewey Okla. in May..:)

2. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Here's a photo of one from the GNRS last year. He's an old friend of my Dad's. Great guy! Lovin' life.

Attached Files:

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I seen better MUGS ON BEER ..................:cool:

4. glad I ain' in that picture........

5. 343w

343w

I met ole Norm at Shep's Run in Winston-Salem back in 1980, he brought the "Henweigh" out for the 1st time. And that dude is responsible for the T-bucket making the bigtime! One crazy pollock for sure, thanks Norm!

6. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

[​IMG]

7. Signing the old Chevy

Attached Files:

8. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

I called him before he visited the UK back in 2006 and asked him what he wanted to do while over here apart from visit the hot rod run he was attending, he answered,
    " Visit an English pub and eat fish and chips" . Well, we took him to as many pubs as we could and damn if he didn't eat fish and chips in every single one!.

That fish on the grille of his truck was an old brass door knocker he picked up in an antique shop over here, the 'wings' on it were added later.

Love ya Uncle Norm!

L.P.

9. Home Brew

Home Brew

I tried to meet him when he was in Hannibal for the NTBA nationals. When I spoke to him to introduce myself, his come back was very rude and not a bit funny. Other celebs that I have met were very polite and a joy to talk to. Can't say the same for him.

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I can promise you that if Norm came off as rude he didn't mean to. He loves to meet people and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He can be a little abrasive in his humor sometimes, but I know he would never be rude on purpose. Maybe he just had an off day.

Doc.

11. Norm's good egg. Seems like a lot of Celebs that are true car guys are pretty down to earth decent people. Leno, Norm, Paul Newman.

12. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

You didn't offer him a piggyback ride did you? that's a different famous guy :)

"people who hate me really like me but don't want to"- Me

13. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

I really like his attitude when he made the cover of Life Magazine - even Elvis or Marilyn Monroe would cooperate with the photographer, but Norm is so cool - he's like, "don't bother me - I'm eatin!"

grabowski.jpg

14. fuzz991

fuzz991

Heres some photos of Norm at his best, or was there ever any doublt ?

Attached Files:

• MG1.jpg
      MG1.jpg
      File size:
      71.4 KB
      Views:
    • NG2.jpg
      NG2.jpg
      File size:
      44.5 KB
      Views:
    • NG3.jpg
      NG3.jpg
      File size:
      47.4 KB
      Views:
    • NG4.jpg
      NG4.jpg
      File size:
      38 KB
      Views:
  15. bustingear

bustingear

Anyone know how to reach Norm. I would like to buy one of his shifter handles.
    Thanks

16. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'll pm you his cell number. Tell him Doc. sent ya.

17. Two of my favorite pics of all time.

My Kookie Kid
    [​IMG]

Fatman and Robin
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. I appologise in advance;"no plaice like home".I know someone had to say it.Met him on his tour to England,felt like I knew him forever,in minutes we were cracking up,LEGEND.how did his mind conjour up the Kookie T all those years ago,amazing!!!:D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  19. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Looking forward to seeing him at Starbirds show.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

20. I don't have a "bucket list", but I do want to meet Norm before I die.

21. Louisville Nat's last year, My son and I, Norm's a great guy loves to laugh, and likes UK's fish and chips.

Attached Files:

22. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

Norm is awesome. He's just a hotrod guy. I picked him up from the airport over Thanksgiving and grilled him about his cars, the Ivo race, the state of hotrodding, what he thinks about other builders and the original kookie car.

then his cell phone died and I spent some time the next day at the show helping him figure out his new one.

Attached Files:

23. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Met Norm at Ocean City, MD car show a few years ago. He told my wife he was in movies with Burt Reynolds. I said yea ,but Norm is a much better actor than Burt.When I was a kid I would wait all week to see his roadster on 77 Sunset Strip. Great Guy!