Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects <<< NEW 1932 Ford Roadster Build thread, UPDATED 12/23/2009>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vendettaautofab, Dec 9, 2009.

1. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

looking good like the X member,keep us posted.are the rails americian stampings.
    The kiwicowboy

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hiboy style in 1975 L.A.to Memphis & back.

Love the concept Pix!!!!----STEEL IS REAL!!!-----The shell peak job is similar to mine, done in 1995, looks good!
    I am concerned about the tailights, they might be a little "Vulnerable" in a rear end slight bump!
    Whats your plan upon completion??----Gonna "drive" it out to the LAR Fathers Day show in Pomona Fairplex?????????----Don:D:D

Attached Files:

3. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

No updates, been busy with customer projects and parts orders... this here roadster doesnt pay the bills... Thanks for your interest!
    The rails are Jim Weimer's.... thanks for the kind words
    Plans for this car are to campaign the hell out of it at as many shows and events as I can. Some sponsers may use the car for promotional purposes.... and will I drive it? You better believe it!

4. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Mike,

Wish you the BEST on this build! Keep plugging away and it will all come together.

I love to have a rod shop like yours close by!

32 Spitfire

5. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Hey thanks alot! Your roadster is very nice as well, you should be proud.

I have not done much on this roadster, hence the lack of updates. Had some other things come up and projects that pay the bills. I will get back on it hot and heavy in the not to distant future and will keep you guys posted.

Your not too far, when the weather breaks come on up or sooner if you want, just call ahead!

6. Mike;
    looks like a great ride!
    Must however coment on your concept sketch of the front shock.
    Mounted as shown it will not work. GUARENTEED!:eek:
    Constructively,
    Buffalo Bill.

Attached Files:

7. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, fear not... it will not and never was intended to be mounted as drawn... Jimmy just through that sketch in there for reference I am sure.

8. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Why not? If you don't mind me asking. Am I missing something or does my warped point of view keep me from seeing the obvious?:)

9. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

It would if you set it up with a "roller" to allow the movement side to side... it really would probably work... but never the less, the design I plan to utilize will incorporate a "dogbone" type link.

STAY TUNED, ha.

Thanks for the interest!