Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Traditional barber shops??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archied1067

archied1067

i went there 6 years ago got the worst hair cut ever, hope he got better cause hes still there.:eek:

2. cretin

cretin

Yea that's where I go too. Best I've found around here

3. archied1067

archied1067

Hawleywoods is probably the best hair cut shave and massage oh and cold beer for 20 bucks. i get a compliment from a betty at least twice a day as soon as i walk out of there. i go to the one in long beach ask for carlos gomez.......

4. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

I usually go to holley's. a local spot that has been there since the 50's.

5. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

my barber in ABBOTSFORD BC has a street roddy henry j,usedto have a willys drag pickup,and knows eveything and everybody in the northwest when it comes to cars.
    bert and ernies barbershop.always a good time talking to him.

6. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Go to any Military Town and get the same damn haircut they've been giving since WWII. That's Traditional. Medium Fade/Tapper, skin on the sides and off the neck. Good ones will shave the neck. In Korea the "off limit" ones come with "happy endings."

7. archied1067

archied1067

8. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

lefty's place looks dead on!! not so sure about all these other places that have that "tattoo parlor" look....they seem....like tattoo shops.

9. Old harold miller retired and my buddy robert gray apprenticed then took over harold miller's barbershop on locust street 1/4 mile from the mississippi valley fairgrounds in davenport ia-hotrods & harleys welcome

10. banjorear

banjorear

Where is this one in NJ?

11. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I've got a really cute stylist.

12. Philbilly

Philbilly

I got my haircut by Rob from Rob's Chop Shop while at the roundup. He is an awesome dude. He must be very popular because everybody was walking by talking to him while he was cutting my hair. I wish their was a place like this in Mississippi.

13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Rockabilly Barbers in NY.

And I have one of thse old-old-old genyouine barber chairs in my den.

14. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Fairview Barber Shop Goleta ( Santa Barbra) Im the barber in the corner!!

15. Thank you !!!! WOW ! This thread is getting pretty big on here about where you get your haircut , as if it had anything to do with traditional hotrods or kustoms. :rolleyes:

16. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in there every other week...

17. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

+1
    I've going to Macs for 10 years and never had a bad experience-plus hes a member of the FoMoCo MoFos so he speaks the hot rod language and has plenty of great mags....

18. thesupersized

thesupersized

19. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I just went to The Parlor in Westminster. Good cut, good beer, $20 well spent. Also, Big W in Chino has been there for ever. Went there for about 5 or 6 years, but it's hard to justify 80 miles round trip for a hair cut. Other than those places, my girlfriend is a beautician, and has trimmed me up good before.

20. T-Bone

T-Bone

This is perhaps the gayest thread that has been on the HAMB in recent memory. Bring on Tech Week....

21. YES !!! You are right about this thread. Come on man !! Back in the day when you went to a real car show at the Pan Pacific auditorium did you see a barbershop set up ???? Didnt think so! I sure dont remember reading anything about where Harry Westerguard,Sam Barris, Gil Alalya,Neil Emory talking about where its cool to get your haircut. Come on guys !!! Has it came to this??

22. huero

huero

Just got back from Mac's in Long Beach, Ca. and left my noggin looking perfect.
    I found Mac's barber shop one day when he had his bitchin bobber parked in front of his shop. Today was my fist haircut there and I am glad I went in.
    He asked what I wanted as I sat on the chair and I responeded jokingly, "you remember those Morrissey haircuts in the 80 and 90's?" He smiled and left me the most perfect fade.
    Mac will be my guy from here on out.

23. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Yeah but you missed tech week!

24. goshawks00

goshawks00
    from Saline, Mi

Funny was just in the barber shop today talking about some of this... hot towels, straight razors, and girlie mags in the back if you were old enough to know it...Flatops w/wax!! Then there was Bill, blowing cigar smoke in your face as he worked away...
    Barry

25. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

geno's custom cuts in orange.and would say jakes barber shop. but he ain't around no more. the 2 best barbers ever..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  26. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

i go to town and country in N. Las Vegas Nv.

27. The Gambler

The Gambler

I go to supercuts....im not paying to look at some dumb asses collection of straight razors and old cans of hair greese......geez why is this still up!ITS JUST FUC**N HAIR PEOPLE! SAVE YOUR $ AND BUY MORE CARS!!!!!!

28. convx4

convx4

I go to Larry's in Fenton Mo also. Wade is my barber, here we are getting my son's first hair cut.[​IMG]

29. duke182

duke182

i used to go to a "traditional barber shop", then my 80yr old semi retired barber died.:(
    finally found a good barber, for me Wesley's is the place to go here in hope. striped pole, loafers benches, inside and out, checkers on the table, equipment not newer than 1965 and fair prices from a likable guy. he's a young guy out of the army. hot towels , straight razors, shoulder massage with the vibrator on his hand, and he'll trim a beard with a haircut all for 10 bucks. throw in a couple more bucks and he'll give that razor a real workout and shave you little kid clean.

30. If one really wants to recreate the look of the late 50s through the early 60s, these are the hair styles that were in vogue. However, this is what is rarely seen on those folks who are interested in recreated the style.

[​IMG]

Just an observation and maybe a suggestion, but not a criticism. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.