Register now to get rid of these ads!

Snow in Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Richthofen, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Man its been goin all day i know Dallas and the metro plex has cought it cant get my plymouth out !!

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

Its snowing like crazy here in N.E.Texas. I think its going to be sticking over night, cant wait to get sideways tomorrow. Really, I have fun in this stuff.

3. sololobo

sololobo

Big Deal!! Just kidding, the stuff is a bitch, if you get it regularly or once in a blue moon. We are actually prepared for it and your municipalities certainly are not. Probably not a lot of snow plows sitting waiting for the pearly white stuff. Struggle thru brothers, it will be gone fairly fast. I feel your pain!! Snowed it so long it seems right!! ~Sololobo/~

4. Buncha sissys.... Tomorrow it will be 60 & it will all melt. Here it starts in November & it dosn't go away until March. I will say though that here in NH this winter has been really mild compared to years past. I was in Amarillo a few years ago & I thought it was snowing hard but it was just the wind blowing the dirt around..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010

5. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

It`s 37 here and poring rain its getting close but rarely snows down here
    come on spring time!

6. otas

otas

I got a lot done on this snowy day. I've got a 1958 Chevy big back window project I'm working on. I have 3 actually and had plannned to use one of the other frames on my current project because it happens to be a long bed. it was the cleanest of them all so I started on it about a year ago. Today I decided to make some measurements and make the old long bed a shorty. Measured 2 maybe 3 times and off I went cutting er up. Got it clamped backed together and came out just right. I guess I can stitch er up tomorrow sinse I think all this snow might turn to ice tomorrow.

7. Been snowing here all day long...I'll just stay in by the fireside..
    It will be gone before I need to get out for anything anyway.

8. mrdodge

mrdodge

HeHeHeHe I'm in the middle of summer here in NZ and my brother in law is in Dallas finishing off a 5 year stint upgrading avionics on RNZAF P3 Orions. Enjoy the snow Jim:D

9. waynus

waynus

Glad to hear at least some of it is falling before it gets to Ohio. At least Texas warms up so it will melt instead of a slight thaw and turn to ice for a couple weeks or longer

10. Kinghat

Kinghat

We're even getting some here in Texarkana

11. strawberry

strawberry

hell its supposed to snow here in florida tonight AGAIN ! I lost my citrus this year...
    global warming yeah right ! tell that to my trees, saw dallas on the news you guys got some snow, looks cold as a @#$%$#@

12. It has not snowed like this since 1978 here in North Texas, I was here 32 years ago and remember it well.

13. Weasel

Weasel

It's Al Gore's fault.

14. jtlester

jtlester
    from Texas

Yeah it will, this just means that the wife gets to stay home and bug ya all day.....

15. justmetony

justmetony

You can kep the snow in the northern part of the state, we have enough trouble with all the rain we are getting down south. Been raining here all day have over 2 inches in the rain guage and a lake out in the pasture.

16. Anderson

Anderson

I know it snowed like this in '84 or '85 at least.

A customer this morning, originally from Wisconsin was talking about how bad we handle driving in this stuff...he said "You guys could flip a car over in an empty flat parking lot!" Kinda sounded like a challenge...

17. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

we are 1/2 and inch away from breaking the All-Time record for snowfall in DFW.. and it is forecasted to keep snowing for another 3-4 hours at least.. so I'm pretty sure we'll break it.

18. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

haha When I was in pennsylvania, We thought these guys must be used to all this snow, but we heard of 3 or 4 wrecks in the one week we were there in a tiny town so I guess there are bad drivers everywhere.

19. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

i need to come down I-35 from ok city in the morning to pick up a transmission in weatherford hope I don't have to wait til sat

20. duke182

duke182

i just drove from terarkana across arkansas and back, today. snowed on me all day both ways.

love that global warming.:confused:
    go start your cars and warm things up so we can go play. ;)lol!

21. no snow up here, the fields are bare and we haven't had cold spells temp has been just below 32f all winter but we have had 79% less sun than normal

22. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man it just keeps coming down in Sherman...

Attached Files:

23. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

what it that like 2.5"? that's not snow!:D

24. The Shocker

The Shocker

Its a freaking blizzard for us warm blooded Texans ,but proly not much to the northern crowd .I think it has snowed 6 inches today so far ,but its melting as it snows with the temp around 32 degrees...

25. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Last time I saw snow was in 85. Don't care to see it either.

26. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

This week end would have normaly been Autorama show week end. The boat show is running through the 14th so the Autorama will be next week end. I wonder what the weather will be then. We used to like it to snow a few days before the show so beople would have caben fever and come to see the cars.
    dwrfab Don Ross

27. yep...a little snow today in Big D...the '39 delux is kinda pissed - a rumbling was heard...something like - you kicked me outside - on account of a '30 Cabriolet ?...any way it's covered and keeping the 27 RPU next to it company....

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

27 RPU for sale - see classifieds...

28. I drove around today looking for a big parking lot to do donuts in, Friday will be good for it, this shit should freeze over tonight and then, donut time.

29. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Got about 10 inches here and its still coming down. We got out earlier and went to the grocery store, came home and made some scratch chili. Now were eating snow ice cream to counteract the effects of the chili.

Heres a pic I took about noon when there was only about 6" and the pile I just pushed off of the carport.

Attached Files:

30. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

I had the Polaris Ranger out, towing anyone who dared to get on. Nothing like going sideways at 30 with a sled hanging out there. I got some brave neighbors! Tomorrow should be even better.