Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1934 Plymouth Couope

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppershox, Jan 20, 2010.

1. choppershox

choppershox

I totally agree. Its funny how rare and valuable parts become once you give them away after trying to sell for a cheap price. I guess its the old tale of thefarmer who couldnt sell or give away an old car in the back 40. Turns out it was a 40 willys coupe he sold for scrap iron in the late 5o's..It was my uncles father inlaw...

2. jailbar42

jailbar42

Hi guys, I have a 34 dodge/plymouth roadster and cant understand why nobody uses the original grill on any of the cars in this thread?[​IMG]

3. filthy frank

filthy frank

its all because they cant find any strait ones,a nice 33/34 grill is a hard part to find.even mines bent up !.

classiccarjack likes this.
  4. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

love the front end setup!!!

5. choppershox

choppershox

Its because of what Filty Franks said about finding a good one and that they are ugly..Did I say that? I meant expensive.... Just kidding..I like the simplicity of the Deuce grille and shell much better plus they are about 4" shorter on the bottom than the plymouth shell so when your car is really low the radiator shell wont hit the ground..

6. choppershox

choppershox

I placed the dash piece on the evil Ebay..I am also selling the door parts I have for a 32-34 plymouth coupe and sedan.... Dash Piece and door parts have been sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  7. filthy frank

filthy frank

............now,i didnt say that they are ugly,i said mines all bent up !i have a chopped 33 plymouth pc five window im working on right now.ive been working on the frame most of the day,and dicided to go with a single spring and hairpins in the front,and modle a spring and triangulated ladder bars in the rear.then i can x member and box the frame.

8. choppershox

choppershox

I still like the Deuce grille shell. Sorry, I didnt mean to implement you in the ugly part and I thought I avoided that ....I actually like the plymouth grill shell on a 34 WITH fenders. It looks like crap on fenderless cars imoa......I mean to offend ANYONE, if I do they will recover....:eek:

9. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

Sweet. Love those Plymouths.

10. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

Mine was straight, then I hit a piece of asphalt and pushed it thirty yards before before rolling up under the car. Its pretty low, won't clear a Coke can. I flipped a dead possum up onto the grill one time before I could get stopped. Just a little bit of a dent, not too bad.

11. filthy frank

filthy frank

thats alright, everybodies got their own cup of tea. i wished mine wasnt chopped,but it came with both doors,a decklid and clear vins.some body parts and interior parts are a little hard to find,but they are out there.

12. inkmunky

inkmunky

13. 33mopower

33mopower

The problem with fendeless cars is the 33-34 dodge/plymouth grills look like crap. The 33 chrysler/desoto grills look cool but are rather valuable. The best options in my opinion are 32 plymouth pb or 32 desoto sc grills. Both look good with or without a hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </pre>

14. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Good lookin roadster! I would use the original shell if I had one. I would shorten it and get rid of the chin, but I think they look pretty good after they've gotten cut up. repop deuce shell is cheap and looks good on almost any car.

15. choppershox

choppershox

I agree with the last statement. Deuce grilles are good looking... I got shit from people about my plans to run a deuce grill and a BBC engine. I thought it was my car.

16. choppershox

choppershox

Inkmonekey..Here are some pics... Its a 5.7 Hemi froma 2004 2500 truck. I got it from a Mexicano repair yard here in town that does repairs on the El Cheapo. I paid $200 and the oil is clean and it turns over. It was not left outside and is clean.. I found a company called XV motorsports. They have a engine harness that plugs into the factory coil packs. You need to get 2005 or later coil packs because they are a different configuration and do not have a economy mode or something of the sort. I will make an intake with parts from Lakesheaders.com Its a triple deuce but needs to be fabricated... I am going to use a 727 torqueflight with the old starter. The new motors use a starter that turns the flex plate. The old 727tf use teeth on the torque converter. I will have to turn the new flex plate and cut the teeth off of it since they will be of no use and be too big. Im no expert but this is what I came up with..I should have $2k in the engine, computer and trans....Dave

Attached Files:

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

33/34 model year cars are my fav!!!! Hence my 34 Ford! Love the Plymouth!

18. inkmunky

inkmunky

thanks man i thought it was a dual plug conversion at first from the pic in the original post

19. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Looks great! I see 33mopower got that desoto drill nice and $$$ nice grab! I think you should put the grill you want on it. Is everyone in the planet going to run that duece grill. its a nice grill but lets see someone take a chance! I am trying a 36 ford grill f I cant find a 34 dodge grill. On my 30 Dodge I think our bodys a larger than the fords. My frame measured up like a 34 ford. Will see Great JOB!!

20. choppershox

choppershox

Yep. They are alot longer. THe doors must be 8" longer than deuce coupe 5 window...I got a pair of 32 deuce rockers and they are really short. I planned on taking one and cutting it apart since I only need 3/4 of my pass side replaced..Does anyone make rockers for these cars????

21. choppershox

choppershox

Im good , but not that good....Its late model....Dave

22. Streetrodscoty

Streetrodscoty
    from Washington

I love those cars, I do agree with Ron Mayes to Chop that bitch.
    However the roof is already a lower profile than most other makes
    of that year. NICE CAR...

23. choppershox

choppershox

Like I mentioned. It's channeled and Im 6'3. I dont want to hit my head on the roof.I will be just right at it is...

Show me your coupes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

Front suspension almost finished..

Attached Files: