Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 chevy chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Apr 29, 2009.

1. SANTO_DIABLO

SANTO_DIABLO

I like the back glass alot!! I never liked the wraparound rear glass on hardtops, i always thought is disrupted the clean lines of the hardtops profile.

2. chevy69

chevy69

3. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Wow! Gotta admit I had my doubts, but you've got a winner there! Great work.

4. billys54

billys54

5. rexrogers

rexrogers

The Chevy is in primer and will soon get some color sprayed on the car the frame is going back together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Looking nice! I used to have a chopped 51 hard top i'll try puttin up some pics when i get the chance!

7. Top work. Looking very nice indeed.

8. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Car looks great!!!! Ever shot is better and better!!!

9. rustyhood

rustyhood

I think it looks bitchin! one thing for sure...when you stop building your ride the way you want it, it's at that point you start building it for someone else.

10. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

yea dude, i just saw this thread this morning. at first i thought damn! thats cool, and halfway through i thought damn? what is he doing? then i thought damn! i really dig this car. can't wait to see some color on it. lookin' good.....

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Duuuuuuude!!! Holy shit that looks good man!!! unbelievable work on the top man!!

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Incredible work.

13. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

14. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

15. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Good work keep on

16. VanHorton

VanHorton

this is sex on wheeeeels!! looks so awesome, and i was just thinking the other day no one does enough tasty hardtops/carson style tops anymore and this is so perfect... Thank you it looks killer.

17. jasone

jasone

The point of customizing cars is to do something to make the car appear as not stock...you have accomplished that in spades. Even though the Hardtop purists will question you as to "why?"...your response should be "why not?"....it looks killer and for that you should be most proud.

18. NOTCH

NOTCH

Its lookin real good, cant wait to see it in paint!

19. I like the back window treatment you did, looks great!

20. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

21. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

The top turned out great. The car overall looks sweet. Great work.

22. rexrogers

rexrogers

The removable top was a lot of work but now that it getting close to assembly i am glad the owner let me run with it on making the rear window.

The car is going to be a hot rod flats dark blue i can't recal the exact name right now, still trying to decide if the top will be body color or not and wheel color is also up in the air. The side trim will be brushed stainless we are trying to keep the cost down on this car the roof excluded. I have been searching high and low for a convertiable latch handle for this car or at least one to copy. I thought you could order a new one but just because it is listed does not mean it is avalible. We have to get a few project ready for the roadster show so it might be a bit before the car get color but soon.
    Rex

23. rexrogers

rexrogers

24. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

25. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

is it fore sale?

26. I had watched this one from the start and I'll admit it, was bummed to see the original hardtop style rear window go away...but I've learned to keep my mouth shut until I see a finished product around here. Glad I did, that finish work is beautiful. Very attractive profile...

27. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

28. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

NO!! That could have been any coupe or sedan. I am the first guy to appreciate a good Top chop I even plan to do one! BUT not to a hardtop! I guess thats a good way to get SHOCK value.

Attached Files:

29. rexrogers

rexrogers

I have never thought of this chop as anywhere close to shock value actually other than the top the whole car is pretty mild and a few subtle change to the body. when we started this project the owner had a convertible and that car was beyond repair, this one was our parts car and we used it to create the convertible and hard top that the owner wants. The car is out of the paint shop now and time to get it put all back together and let the pinstripper go nuts. Some may like the car some may not and each his own it really needs the rest of the sheetmetal hung on it. We toyed around a good long while about not two toning the top but that can always get resprayed down the road if the desire arises
    The side trim will be brushed stainless and only rocker and the upper beltline are going on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. pinky49

pinky49

turned out pretty slick!! i like it!!
    ed