Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey j-bull get that scanner yet????

2. George M.

George M.

Is it this car? This is Ron "Soupy" Schwendenmann.
    Don't think it's a slant six though.

[​IMG]

3. you could do a word search on the site, I would try that

4. Hogans Goat

Hogans Goat

Gentleman George M. directed me to the photo. My memory failed me as I mistakenly thought that Ron was in the photo. It is Ted Werner sitting in the car.

5. Hogans Goat

Hogans Goat

6. For some reason or other, this photo just does it for me.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Got the scanner. Got some stuff down out of the attic. Got the photobucket account set up. Now I need to get the scanner hooked up and start scanning. Just gotta find a little time. Unfortunately, I work two full time jobs this time of year plus another part time one. Excuses, excuses! Just finished another 10 tax returns and took a minute to indulge in a quick peek at the thread before I sign off the computer for the night. Don't let me off the hook, keep pushing me until I start posting some pictures.

JBull

8. The photo of the #74B taken @ Martinsville, is Anthony Terry. He's still kicking and restoring old modifieds. Has one that he brings around to car shows that looks like it just got off the track in the '60's.
    Also has the original body of the #00 that Lloyd Ashby drove. Kerry

9. ashbys00.JPG

#00lloydashby.jpg

The Lloyd Ashby #00. Probably the best looking coach ever.

10. Johnnyone

Johnnyone

Yea, that is a beautiful picture,I think its the perfect Modified for its time.

11. Hogans Goat

Hogans Goat

I guess my mind is going faster than I thought. It was George LeBlanc who kindly pointed me to the picture of the 19 car. I'm sitting in my chair and remembering all the good times I spent in the "Four Aces" garage. Don't put off the effort to visit an old friend. If you do it and then lose them, it's a terrible burden to carry.

12. Thanks for the info. I don't know whether it is the empty field with the solitary coach modified and custom 57 Ford next to it that does it but it's like surreal.

13. [​IMG]
    Brian Osgood
    [​IMG]
    Chester Honeycutt
    [​IMG]
    Chet Doaner

14. [​IMG]
    Bob Frisbee
    [​IMG]
    Bob McCreadie
    [​IMG]
    Brett Bodine

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    chesire
    [​IMG]
    Chester T Woods

16. [​IMG]
    Bobby Pickell
    [​IMG]
    Budd Olsen
    [​IMG]
    went on to won the heat race with Ralph Harpest

17. lets pick it up! lol
    [​IMG]
    Chip Dimon
    [​IMG]
    Chris Young
    [​IMG]
    Come on Chrome horn Aussie style!!!

18. [​IMG]
    Bill Henry and Gary Reddick
    [​IMG]
    Chick Stockwell
    [​IMG]
    Chick Stockwell

19. [​IMG]
    Sam Reakes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mike Stefanik accident

20. 2 days no posts for anyone else??? Come boys pick it up lol

[​IMG]
    Civic Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Charlie J
    [​IMG]
    CJ again

21. [​IMG]
    Chuck Mahoney
    [​IMG]
    Chuck McDaniels
    [​IMG]
    Circle 2 car

22. [​IMG]
    Al Tasnady at Vineland nj
    [​IMG]
    Alcyon Park
    [​IMG]
    Al Tasnady car after a nasty wreck

23. Some good Perk Brown and Mason's Garage photos! I'm a Newbie but I've got alot of southern modified pics!

Attached Files:

24. How do I make these come out larger instead of thumbnails? Kerry

25. I use photobucket, after awhile if you have a lot of photos, they'll ask you to join, I've done it for the past 2 years, they keep them all there. But you can make images for message boards and then just cut and paste them. Photobucket has a free account though.

26. sixtyx

sixtyx

Hey Radford46,

Welcome to the thread, start posting those photos. I remember seeing the 45 & 46 with Radford and Gant at Trenton in the early 70's. Brings back such fond memories:D

Bruce

27. What's happened to Old School Brush? I was anxiously looking forward to those photos of cars he's lettered.Especially the Mason cars.
    And how do you put up the little side photo with your name?

28. Here are some more out of my Paul Radford file. He was a heckuva driver,actually winning the LMS championship @ New River Speedway for (2) straight years in his 60's! Still could probably outdrive most of the youngsters at 76. Johnny Rumley told the local paper that he had heard that Paul was losing his eyesight (always wore glasses),but it really didn't matter because all the other guys ever saw was his rear bumper!
    Paul drove for everybody,including the Clarence Steakhouse coach,Gremlin,and Vega. Jumped into Lloyd Ashbys #00, Mason's cars, and Donald Bryant's Coach and coupe(which he co-owned with Bryant).
    He drove some mods for some Yankees at Islip and a couple others when he was points chasing in the mid '70's. Any photos of that would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.