Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need brake help!!! ASAP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gunk, Feb 10, 2010.

1. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

I've got a 64 C-10 truck that I need to change the front shoes. Got the dust cover off, axle nut off...its hanging up on the shoes, and I can't find the brake adjustment to back the shoes off to get the drum off. Any help out there? I've got a date in 2.5 hours and don't want to take a cab.:)
    Thanks!!!

2. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Little thingy, looks like the rowell on a spur, inside a slot about a quarter inch by three quarters. Turn it with a flat screwdriver. Call her up and tell her to pick you up, find out right now if she's worthwhile. :D

3. Put the nut and dust cover back on and go get your Honey...

4. Dan57

Dan57

get a big hammer. or find the adjuster, there might be a knock out window for it

5. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Why not call your date and tell her to get her ass over there and help! If she freaks, or says no way, then it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway.

6. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

The adjuster should be on the bottom of the backing plate. May have a rubber plug covering it. Or like Dan said---Get a big hammer. I had trouble with my pontiac at one time-The shoes had worn too far into the drum and even adjusting wouldn't come off, BIG hammer.

7. some of those older chevies didn't have accessible adjusters with the drum on. if memory serves the 70 c10 I worked on didn't

8. have her pick you up dude! test her worth right off the bat.

9. Some had the access hole in the drum instead of the backing plate as well (at least I think it was Chevies)

10. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Found it. there is a slot in the drum and a wheel adjustment at the bottom. got the drum off. Thanks fellas, and she is worth it!

11. dbradley

dbradley

This post is worthless without pictures :D

12. Of the girl! or date, i assume it's a girl

13. well too late man.. I already stole her.. I'm texting from my Ferrari with the top down and shes riding shotgun lol and ya allready know shes not after ya for your money cause shes seen your truck.. lol Sorry couldn't help my self.. don't do anything I wouldn't do.. (which is about nothing lol)

14. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

she is the tall one.

Attached Files:

15. rustyhood

rustyhood

looking for a cab company for you!!!!! Dont miss that date!!!!

16. i like the the one with the bandana

17. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

Hope it worked out for you. Despite my having a 65' C10, I can't remember how I got those f***ers off! Good looker there too- picking her up in that truck can only help things.

18. Bryan & Sarah

Bryan & Sarah

Well, we all have to know how this date thing works out tonight...don't leave us hangin'!!

19. Like anything else in life, if you can't find the hole, put some hair around it.

Bob

20. draginsteel

draginsteel

Moral of the Story?

Don't do a brake job two hours before your date!

21. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Hahahaha...all went great. Made her breakfast this morning. Some holes need no hair! And the brakes are good.