Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tennessee guys and gals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michigan Rick, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Tacson

Tacson

Michigan Rick I missed this post somehow. I would say either East TN or middle as well. I live in Murfreesboro now. Lot of car folks and lots of Cruise in and shows. Plus I can introduce you to Music City F100 guys. Just a couple of weeks ago I gave the wife the show listings and highlighted the Saturdays I would likely be unavailable for "honey do's" :D

http://www.memorylanecruisers.net/localevents.htm

Plus you might get to meet HAMBers like the world famous "Earl Scheib".

I lived in Knoxville prior to moving here in 2000. Now I really like Middle TN but man Metro Knoxville has to be the rodders promised land. If I could retire today and pick a spot it would Kodiak right off Exit 407 before you cross the bridge heading into Sevierville. Lots of Rodders there and you can enjoy Pigeon FOrge without Living in it. There are Rodders all over. You have some good shops out that way as well. Mo and Curley's, Alloways. Larry and Bobby Griffey, Steve Holcombe Interior shop just to name a few. You are 2 hrs from Nashville, 4.5 from Charlotte, 3 from Atlanta, Probably 4 from Louisville. I dont think you could go wrong in East Tn or Middle Tn. I dont know anything about west of Nashville to speak intelligently to. IM me when you get this way. I'd like to meet you. I think we have talked a couple on FTE. Thanks

2. 62uni

62uni

I agree, move to Florida with the rest of michigan

3. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I live about an hour & half south of Nashville, good bit of rodders around here. I can even sell you a shop and you can have the house for free. If interested send a pm.

4. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Its a nice quiet town with alot of small communities. Ive lived here all my
    life. Lots of good places to also. Like was said in earlier posts, its a central location to north Alabama and Tennessee. There is a good number of hot rodders around also. Land is decently priced. I love living in Fayetteville(really Skinem).

5. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

I live in Murfreesboro which is about 30 miles south of nashville. Quite a few local cruise-ins and shows, not far from Nashville but you don't have to live in the big city if that aint your thing. I'd go with some place right outside of nashville or knoxville

6. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

stay away from tennessee - it's hotter than satan's beard in the summer, colder than a witch's arse in the winter, lots of hot looking, half naked women, old cars, car shows & runs, farmers' markets, race tracks, drive-ins & the home of jack daniels - i don't think that you would like it here

7. skwurl

skwurl

Ne tn is nice. We gave a good drag strip and tons of car stuff. It's close to everywhere I would ever wanna go

8. I'm sorry, I we've already filled our Michigan immigration quota for this year. By by now.

Just kidding you. You will be treated like an out sider when you first move down here. But don't worry, it'll only last the first 20 or 30 years :D. Just don't make fun of the way we talk, EVER! Trust me, I'm looking out for ya.

As for your original question; If I were going to retire down here from your part of the country I'd probably go to Little Michig... I mean Tellico Plains. That seems to be the thing to do.

9. chilimac

chilimac

Moved to Maryville from Miami 23 years ago.Awesome place to live,Maryville that is:D

10. Iv'e always had a weak spot for the Maryville / Alcoa area too.
    Iv'e got family (and some friends) there. Always planned on moving there eventually. Close to everything and tons to do!

11. I'm from Morristown, TN - only been living in Texas for eight years. My recommendation would definitely be east Tennessee. Anywhere from Bristol to Chattanooga is great, but my preference would be near Morristown or Knoxville. I've been a street rodder and dirt racer for over 40 years, and there's always some type of event or race to attend about every weekend from April through October! I'll go back home one of these days to stay!

Buckshot40

12. 4ever18

4ever18

Northeast Tennessee - You're close enough to large cities, if there's something there you need or want to see without having to deal with the daily hassels of the larger cities. Northeast TN borders Virginia, North Carolina, and Kentucky. A lot of history and mountain scenery for daily enjoyment. Plenty of lakes and rivers for fishing, boating, rafting, or just enjoying the view. As for car activity, there's multiple weekly cruise spots, as well as shows. Bristol has the NASCAR oval track and a NHRA 1/4 dragstrip. I live in Kingsport. Bristol, Johnson City, and Elizabethton are only a 20/30 minute drive from each other. The Great Smokey Mountians are about 100 miles from the Tri-Cities, but there are plenty of other mountain roads to enjoy (by automobile, bicycle, or motorcycle). Here are a few photos that I snapped while driving through southwest Virginia, about 50 miles from Kingsport.

Attached Files: