Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Got my first tunnel ram and now I can't sleep

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by golden31, Feb 10, 2010.

1. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

So I just bought my first tunnel ram set up from a fellow hamber and now it is almost one in the morning and all I can do is build this damn Hot Rod in my head over and over. Any body else so consumed by there projects that it effects there daily life tremendously? So any body got some pics of some Hot Rodded T's and A's packing traditional style small blocks with tunnel rams?

2. Ya, I get like that sometimes. Then I drink about 1/2 a bottle of Vodka and I'm fine.

3. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

well it is 2 am and i am a few whiskeys deep! Damn if I ain't on E-bay looking for misc junk I am sure I could live without. Oh well, I guess that I will just have to take it easy at work tommorow.

4. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'm up in the middle of the night having a fight with the tacos I had for supper...but usually I'm up this late thinking about my projects and thinking about what needs to be done, etc...tonight? Well, let's say it's not so much fun over here tonight...

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, every time I get something new for my Gasser project, watch the sun come up as I build the darn thing in my head. You wouldn't believe how many times that car has been re-built and it has never left the garage from its first true build.
    Doc.

6. I get the same way when I buy a new part (or project). The biggest problem for me is that I do so much "building" while I lay there sleepless that I'm pretty much useless the next day to implement any of my grand plans.

7. these things have got to start somewhere. its one of my fav past times. LOL.

8. When I got mine I kept it in the house with me untill my wife complained.

9. Dream on bro,:)

Attached Files:

• c1.jpg
      c1.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • c2.JPG
      c2.JPG
      File size:
      417.8 KB
      Views:
    • c3.jpg
      c3.jpg
      File size:
      116 KB
      Views:
    • c4.jpg
      c4.jpg
      File size:
      105.8 KB
      Views:
    • c5.jpg
      c5.jpg
      File size:
      96.7 KB
      Views:
  10. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

I feel your pain......My thoughts about my truck consume a lot of my thinking.....Both of my hot rods have tunnel rams.

11. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I can relate with that. I bought my first one for my 289 Ford Engine 6 months ago and then a couple weeks later bought one for my Chevy engine. My mind was like a merry go around and I couldn't figure out which horse to ride and what saddle to throw on it.

12. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

it happens to me all the time.when i first finished my opel{still not finished}i would get so worked up that i would start shaking.i would go through how high i would rev it on the trans brake and i could see my tach revving up and see myself shifting gears.{my heart is starting to pound just thinking about it,and im going to have to go outside now and just sit in it and dream for the spring!!

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

It happens all the time to me .I get an idea ,Boom I can't sleep.Go to the garage .What do you guys think of an Ebay anonymous social group ,HaHA

14. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

Yeah--just got one for a bbc - it sittin right beside my tv

15. Yeah, I get busted all the time by the wife, she's runnimg her mouth and she will say "What are you building in you head, because I know your not listening to me, your on auto pilot thinking about that car, are'nt you!"

16. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

I definately feel you pain. I have had sleepless nights and dreams about this damn project of mine.
    First the 327 motor.
    [​IMG]
    Then the tall valve covers.
    [​IMG]
    Next is cleaning and painting, allows me to stop thinking about it!

17. theczking

theczking

This thread is like an AA meeting so your not alone I sometimes go to bed early to get away from all the everyday distractions TV, phone, etc. I Do some of my best fabbin lying in the dark Kinda scarry when you think about it

18. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

one of the only things i hate is i come up with so many ideas that when i finally do fall asleep i cant remember i dam thing in the morning.

19. Dude, I keep a note pad and pen by my bed so If I wake up thinking of something I write it down so I don't forget it. lol

20. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Wow, thought I was the only one. Many sleepless nights caused by new projects. Gets worse as time goes on......

21. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Wow! Are we the same person and married to the same woman leading duplicate lives in two different states?

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Felt the same way about my first tunnelram........................only it was 40 years ago.

Frank

23. It sounds like we all share the same disease, the good thing is there is a place to go for your daily dose of medicine, "The Hamb". Speaking of fresh vintage parts, I have three sets of old valve covers on their way in the mail. Can't wait to get them, I have mind built six different engines and cars to put them on! Well, since we are getting our second wave of a 20" snowfall this is good productive time well spent on the computer. Bouncing back and forth over the websites keeps you informed. I will say that The Hamb is the best going with a great group of enthusiasts:).

24. butterboy

butterboy

Wow..I feel the same way about my Model A build. I wake in the middle of the night can't sleep. I find myself like clockwork every weekend, 4am pooring coffee in my favorite mug, grabing the dog and heading to the garage. Funny those early mornings seem to be my most productive, guess there is NOBODY to bug me. My wife doesn't understand my obsession. Guess Im just deadicated.

25. I'm In!

Can't stop thinking about my project long enough to finish a sentence. Is that so wrong?

Got to get the interior figured out. Who am I gonna send my chrome out to? Shouldn't I have the engine compartment detailed by now? Do I paint my air cleaner body color or the color of the roof? etc.....

I JUST CAN'T SHUT IT OFF!!!!! Is there a cure??

26. younggun13

younggun13

My names tyler and im addicted to thinking none stop about my project:rolleyes:

27. RodStRace

RodStRace

Hi, my name is Rod, and I haven't slept in since I got my latest project.
    As I'm typing this at my desk, the floor to my right has 4 headlight rings, one dash bezel, and a valve cover.

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Just what I thought. Here's my diagnosis, You all have Autophobia. That's the irresistible urge to trade hard earned money for useless and wornout cars and parts. ;)
    Sorry, there is no cure. :D

29. SlamIam

SlamIam

Often go out into the garage late at night to bed-check the tunnel-rammed creation going in my next project. That motor has presence, I can feel it seething out there in the dark, impatiently waiting to get into a chassis and fired for the first time. I don't leave the garage door open anymore because every guy driving by that spots it has to stop and interrupt my work.

30. butterboy

butterboy

I take a picture of my progress in the garage, then that picture becomes my desktop backround at work so I can mentally work on my car at work. Hehehe