Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Thats funny shit right there, what no chickens in the coupe??

2. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this or not, but could I request a few ideas on pinstriping? (no scallops or cats, thanks anyway)
    Not sure if photoshop lends itself to thin lines.

thanks in advance for any ideas.

Craig

Attached Files:

3. CHA-CHING!!! It's a thing of beauty! ;) I predict that by this summer someone will have a wrap like this printed up and installed on their car so he can ask people how they like his new scallops!

The bad part is that now I'm jealous of an FNG who thought of this before I did. I wonder what would have happened if the owner had asked to see his car in a coral or salmon color?:confused: With all this talk of seafood that cat should be showing up anytime now!

4. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I Trip the F!@#! out watching you guys do your thing on this thread. I was wondering if you guys could crop these 2 for me and resize to about 1000 pixels. And convert to a JPEG.

I just need the front side of the card the Sellers portion with the address and soo on. Thanks you guys are hmmm wheres the pic of the ruler!

Thanks again for you guys messn with the logo I'll have to get back to that. ~S

Attached Files:

5. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Here you go

Attached Files:

6. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Keep in mind that the paint on there appears like a suede paint. If it had a gloss coat, I think it would look a lot better. I'll try some other shades of green or other colors when I get a chance.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  7. Thanks a lot you are an artist. The second color we are thinking is Gold metelflake with chrome reverse and wide whites.

8. I don't think anybody's taken a shot at this one yet, which is kind of surprising since this is just about a perfect picture to start with. Right size, good exposure, perfect angle.:D

This looked like such a nice original piece to start with that I didn't have the heart to really cut it up too much, at least to start. First it lost some chrome, door handles and the gas filler door to unclutter things a bit. The roof went to body color for the same reason and I liked the looks of the fuller skirts.

Then I turned up the gravity on it just to make it easier to climb in and out of.

[​IMG]

52PontMod_01sm.jpg

Left the fender and part of the door molding on since they're a really nice Pontiac touch. And the rear quarter emblem stayed 'cuz it's a sweet piece of eye candy. Even the stock hubcaps looked OK, I thought, plus I didn't have any flipper caps to paste on it.

Maybe I'll go back later and cut and hammer on it some.;)

9. Jettback50

Jettback50

Just got my new 'puter to run my old copy of Photoshop CS2 but Adobe won't help me get it running. Anybody know how to fix it? I have been waiting to use CS2 because my old machine wasn't powerful enough to keep the app open and the system running...so..Crash!

Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

10. Rusty52

Rusty52

Claymart,

Thanks for taking a look at it for me. I'm not sure if I have the heart to cut it up either. I think I might try to find another car of the same style (preferably Poncho) that's not in as good of shape and mess with that. I'd really love to see what else you think you could do to this though. It is a cool/unique car that I really like to cruise with because it's different from what everyone else has.

Thanks,
    Rusty

11. skoh73

skoh73

Rusty52-
    Please do not chop that! It's a gorgeous ride that appears to be in really sweet condition. Looks great as it sits. My 2 cents.

12. Okay guru's, need help with this. Could you do this in all black and then with black fenders and a blue body? Firewall shot shows the shade of blue although it is not as bright and more milky in person. The wheels will have baby moons and 40 ford trim rings. Thank You to all ahead of time.

Attached Files:

13. Well like I said, it was fun to work with since you posted such a good shot of it. If I get some time maybe I'll go back to it with a little heavier hand.:cool: Or maybe somebody else will take a crack at it. Maybe a bit of a chop, or I wonder how it would look with a Streamliner style fastback roof on it?:D

14. Rusty52

Rusty52

Anything you want to do would be cool to see. I would love to see the car in a black top, copper bottom, if someone could do that.

Thanks again,
    Rusty

15. Well Here's 2 please. Both cars my grandpa owned a long time ago. 1957 ford ranchero,flat black,chrome reverse wheels,slight rake. 1959 ford 4 door wagon,avacodo green,chrome reverse rims w/pie crust slicks. If anybody can do both of these that would be awesome, oh and stock grill on the wagon

Attached Files:

16. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Here's a couple of quick and sloppy jobs to show you the pea green and flaked gold. Sorry it took so long!

Attached Files:

17. So your new machine will run PS, but why do you need Adobe's help to get it running? Do you have a real retail version of CS2 or do you have something that might be a little sketchy that you bought off eBay?

Give us some basic specs of your new computer, OS, how much RAM, etc. Is it just running slowly? Other software acting wonky? Run anti-virus and adware scan and defragged lately?:confused::confused::confused:

18. Jettback50

Jettback50

New system is Windows 7, Intel Duo Core 2, 4gb RAM, 400gb hard drive laptop. Current on defrag and virus software.

The PS I bought at the school I worked at a few years ago. Should be at least the student version, might be full version. Lost the actual disk but migrated it to my backup drive before the old system went down. I used it for 3 or 4 months before it just wouldn't work with the 10 year old system and 256mb of RAM!

It will load onto the new system but the will not start. The key I have does not work anymore and it keeps asking for an activation code or something. On the Adobe website they say you can migrate from your old machine to a new one (one license only) but the last thing the guy in India told me was "I don't have your number in the system. Don't call again." He was very nice.

I don't remember how I registered it last time or if one of the IT guys did so I don't even know if he put it under my name. I hope that answers your questions. Thanks again.

19. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Yo, JamesD, this is a PhotoShopped Ford 1957 "Chero," along
    the line of the Dodge Sweptside and Chevy Cameo. I don't know
    who did it originally. But, AS MUCH FUN as this concept is, it
    surely SEEMS to me it would look meaner with a few inches top-
    drop and a tad of back-to-front rake (maybe just dropping front,
    say four inches, would do it?). Can you play with this one???
    Your work has obviously been much appreciated on this thread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. skoh73

skoh73

21. bugfink

bugfink

Can you take a whack at this rambler? Early 60's style, panel paint (purple, gold & white. any combo), lowered, shaved, bellflower tips, laced top if possible. Plus kill the background and sticker in window.
    [​IMG]
    fogged rims, any w/w size
    [​IMG]
    Any other ideas would be cool.
    This may help convince the ol' lady to let me get one sooner than later

22. ^^ @ skoh73 -

Well you done took it from low-key and laid back and kicked it up to the eye-poppin' level. I don't think we've got much choice but to start cuttin' and hammerin' on it now!:D

23. Rusty52

Rusty52

Skoh,

Thanks, that's pretty cool looking. I promise, I won't actually cut it up (don't wanna get nuked!) :) But, I think I may get this thing all finished up and then find another that needs to be cut up!! Any chance you could go a little darker on the copper??

24. RichG

RichG

I'm not sure what you were asking for...heck, I'm not sure you were asking anything...your train of thought is kinda hard to follow:p

So, chopped, dropped, and say goodbye to those ugly rims and raised white letters...:D

Attached Files:

25. skoh73

skoh73

Rusty52-

Yeah, the color ended up a little more orange than I was going for. I will try to get 'er fixed up 2mrw. I still really like the color it is now. Are those original poncho hubcaps? I love 'em!

26. Wow I still haven't seen a look that gets it just right any Ideas? Maybe closer to this with gold paint, chrome reverse wheels and cone headers. I love the looks of this car but would like to see what it would look like with a 32 grill shell. Thanks for all the hard work you have all put into this project. I hope to have it completed for spring, sorry for being such a pain in the ass but this is a new construction and I really want to get it RIGHT .... Kelly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  27. Rusty52

Rusty52

Skoh,
    The color is almost an exact match of original. It was repainted 20+ years ago. The light green is called "seamist green" and I'm having trouble remembering the dk green. It's a pretty good color combo for the car. Another one I've seen in photos is a silvery-blue color with a navy blue top. I'll attach a pic as I thought that looked pretty sharp as well. Those are the original '52 hubcaps. 51's were also similar, with just a slight variation in the center. I like them a lot!

I'm in no rush on the color corrections, I appreciate the fact that you guys will take the time to do this for me. It helps me get an idea for what it could be, though I'll probably keep it original as it is now.

Rusty

28. Rusty52

Rusty52

Forgot the car pic :) Also threw in a '50 Pontiac that's all copper.

Attached Files:

29. waddell_1

waddell_1

This is my coupe last summer. It is currently stripped for paint. I’m not sure on what I am going to do yet, I’m thinking white with green scallops possibly?? Or maybe green with black. If someone would take a shot at it I would greatly appreciate the help. I’m not set on colors so throw in whatever you would like.

Attached Files:

30. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I can't sell it, so I might as well change it. Low and slow or gasser style? Any suggestions or photoshopping are welcome. Thanks Gary

Attached Files: