Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wife says one must go!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 mercules, Feb 8, 2010.

?
  1. 1935 Ford Pickup Project

94 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. 1931 Ford Pickup Project

91 vote(s)
    49.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heres a picture of my wife Debbie who likes old cars and she,s a good cook also.:D OldWolf

Attached Files:

2. 73super

73super

NOW THAT'S FUNNY! I think we're being too hard on him tho'. I know what it's like. I wonder if he's been married very long. Maybe his wife is another Bobbit? You have to think about these things. It doesn't take much to send 'em over the other side you know.

This thread does kind of remind me of the Superbowl commercial with the guy following his girlfriend around the store.. that was funny.

We do have to keep the peace at home.. we all know if Wifey isn't happy that any chance to sit down peacefully at the end of the evening and watch Chop, Cut, Rebuild... or insert YOUR favorite.. just isn't going to happen. :eek:

3. Build one for her, keep the other for yourself..........if she'll go for it.

4. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Been married three times believe me some times it's cheaper to keep her, but you still gotta do what a mans gotta do. Just spend a little time with her. I tell my wife that "I can be here with you and working on my stuff or, I can be at the bar working on other stuff, you choose?"

Also, clean up your stuff, and make one of them look good at least. Get them out of plane sight until they are looking better. I had 9 cars setting around at one time and it was looking bad and at my age I finally realized there was no way in hell I was going to be able to keep nine cars runningso I got rid of 4. She probably doesn't like looking at them. If you decide to get rid one, I need the 35.

5. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

If you do this its going to be a long winter!

6. foghorn62

foghorn62

A very wise man once told me while admiring a nice shape: "Remember, no matter how good looking she is, somewhere there is a guy that's tired of her shit".

Looks like you're not quite there yet.

7. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

i just dont understand how some girls dont LOVE these old cars & trucks! you already bought it, the money is gone... cant do anything about it now!! i would never make my husband choose, that only causes resentment & fighting!! she shouldnt try & make you choose between either of them... but the '35 is pretty bad ass!!

8. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

"Got a Hot Rod for my wife"
    Good trade huh!!!!
    If your having trouble now wait till she figures out how much time and money you spend on this illness. Your screwed get a new hobby or woman.

9. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

Funny, my editorial this month is about an old girlfriend I traded for a car.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/a...lArticle.xhtml?articleId=61398&entityId=61398

Gotta make her understand, it isn't a care lifestyle, it is a car LIFE!

10. inkmunky

inkmunky

LET your wife read this thread, ALL OF IT show her how many of us would give up on a girl before our old rides, then say some shit like "baby i don't want to lose you so if you really want me to i'll get rid of one of them but i can't choose so i want you to" my bet she won't make you get rid of them simply b/c you chose her and want her happy she in return would want you happy.

If that doesn't work say "ok i'll get rid of all of them too but i'm going with em, were a package deal" :D

11. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Ain't that the truth!

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

she's a control freak..run while you can

13. 1959cac

1959cac

I got rid of all my toys twice over this. Once in 1993, again in 2004. I told both I was tired of all the cars and all, and was slowly junking all of them. BUT I was lying...I had rented a shop in an area they would never go...and stored everything there ! All the cars were out of the yard, supposedly crushed. As I made arrangements in secret for divorce, the choosing, whining, bitching, etc. morphed into whatever else was available. I love seeing my ex wife at a red light...in a finished car. :D Live YOUR life, it's the only one you have. ;)

14. these "wife is making me do it" threads are funny shit. Been there done that. I'm now more creative with my excuses for hobby addiction.

15. mac762

mac762

Listen to this guy.

16. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Keep the '35, sell the '31:)

as far as wives go, they are worth more than any car you could ever own.

A loving and caring wife is priceless and a blessing at the same time!
    when your out of commission and need help or a restoration of your own health, you can count on a wife to be there for ya:)

nice projects by the way!

17. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I didn't vote.
    51mercules don't need any of my advice, but he might like to hear another viewpoint on that.
    It's a woman's task in life to change her man. They all want to do that. They all, KNOW, they can find a better way to spend that money, and find a better use for that space in the garage, like store the perfectly good furniture that has been replaced when she got a wild hair up her ass and bought some more. It's their life's work to manipulate us, if we let them. With something like another motor or a chassis, or a welder, or a case of beer for that matter, such things are obviously things that we don't NEED.

For me and mine, to date, (it's been fifty three years last month), we have shared our lives. She supports most everything I do, as I do for her too. At times in the past she has tried to change me, somehow coming to realize that I ain't changin' and I ain't changin' her either. I don't lay any ultimatums on her, but the day I don't buy that extra motor, whether I need it or not, or can't drink beer in the garage whilst havin' my fun just because she laid some kind of ultimatum on me....... Well, that'll be the day~!

As long as we both understand that, we will get along just fine.

18. 73super

73super

That's true... Good words.

19. Awsome

20. wrynd

wrynd

Of the three,one has no resale.

21. klazurfer

klazurfer

READ & LEARN :

By 29nash, I qoute : " For me and mine, to date, (it's been fifty three years last month), we have shared our lives. She supports most everything I do, as I do for her too. At times in the past she has tried to change me, somehow coming to realize that I ain't changin' and I ain't changin' her either. I don't lay any ultimatums on her, but the day I don't buy that extra motor, whether I need it or not, or can't drink beer in the garage whilst havin' my fun just because she laid some kind of ultimatum on me....... Well, that'll be the day~!

Thanx goes to 29Nash 4 those well put words of wisdom !

Klaz :)

22. By her this book and keep both...
    [​IMG]

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Did she say when it had to go?

24. 51 mercules

51 mercules

No!

25. klazurfer

klazurfer

keep the 35 PU

Klaz

26. I'm with Jeffery on this one.

Take what you can use from the A Bone and use it on the '35.

Peddle the rest.

Oh and looseing the wife will not be cheaper in the long run. So don't loose the broad unless you really have a problem with her. You know like she hangs her undies from the shower rod or leaves the toilet seat down.

27. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Thats the best.:p

28. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

29. Shawn M

Shawn M

I hope she's not a Hamber, or you are in trouble as are the rest of us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.