Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wife says one must go!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 mercules, Feb 8, 2010.

?
  1. 1935 Ford Pickup Project

94 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. 1931 Ford Pickup Project

91 vote(s)
    49.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raceratrod

raceratrod

and the older they get the hotter they are .

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

That's like asking which testicle you got to lose...

3. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Another vote for letting hte wife go.

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Work on one at a time, stash the other one (but don't sell it) so you can stay focused.

5. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

go with wiked50coupe idea stash one for a few year somewhere... and next time you bring it home have it blasted before or just rattle can paint it black. There are some people with some great idea on here.

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Here's a pic of the wife and I.I will try and take some more pic's of the 35 later and post them.

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      142.4 KB
      Views:
  7. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

The first sign to mans demise is " the wife says" Thats all I hear! or if anybody comes over and looks at my garage! The first thing they say is your not married are you! why I ask a ye HAMBERS is this horrible fraze a part of most Hot Rodders life! A true shame! Clean out her closet and jewelry of stuff she hasnt worn in decades. sell it all! finish both your cool cars! and be happy! OH and put those cars in a trust! cuase shes gonna be mad!

8. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Good idea.Since it's in pieces it wouldn't be to hard to stash at a friends house.

9. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

Diddo :) I love it :rolleyes::rolleyes

Edit: Just seen the wifes picture. Stash the 31. ;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  10. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Originally Posted by fast30coupe [​IMG]
    go with wiked50coupe idea stash one for a few year somewhere... and next time you bring it home have it blasted before or just rattle can paint it black. There are some people with some great idea on here.

Yes, I agree, the most practical approach. Let the little woman think she's in charge, but outsmart her. Somewhere down the road you might need an excuse to 'sincerely apologize' to her. Hiding car parts fit that category!:D

ps The request for pictures was a joke, and probably ill advised on my part.:eek:

11. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Ok!LOL!

12. MBog

MBog

Hold on...she's cute.....hmmmm.....get a bigger shop, lock it up and don't give her a key. There now you can keep her too...

13. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

She is hot and you are kinda goofy lookin. You better pick one. I say the 31 goes.

Wait... can she cook?

14. ironwork

ironwork
    from maine

keep the cars i am on my forth wife now i have 4 cars and she love em even help with the work on them

15. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Keep the cars and buy a D I V O R C E!! If she doesn't have a valid reason for you having to sell one, you don't have a valid reason for keeping her. Thank the lord my wife is into old cars, trucks, and bikes, or I'd go nuts and be single again!

16. Sounds like a vote for cars and wife stay, but you have to go.

17. Noname38

Noname38

You should of told her the 35 is a friends car and you're just storing it for them.

18. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

<-- Been happily married 10 years, in large part due to the fact that this conversation would never come up.[/QUOTE]

We are up to 40 years this March---same deal here.

19. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Tell her you will it posted for sale,and post it, but put such a high price on it that it won't sell. Maybe that will make her happy to think your trying and if you do sell it you'll be happy!

20. Keep all three! Put both for sale at a exorbant price:eek:. Its easy not to sell something:cool: I have about 300 all for sale? OldWolf

21. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

My wife has me on a 3 truck limit, but I HAD to violate it for a while. She was ok with it and let me slide without any grief, but I knew I was on borrowed time. I didn't ask her and she didn't complain, but we both knew where the appropriate line was, sometimes it shifts around a little.

She doesn't cram it down my throat, force me to do anything or get negative about any of it. But, then again, I try to keep it reasonable. Just a matter of respect and she is right most of the time, well pretty much all the time usually.

But, now I'm down to just 2 so I am under by 1 and earning extra points again saving up for the next binge. Or maybe I really should just concentrate on one and finally get 1 really nice truck for once instead of multiple projects laying around all over the place. I feel for you.

If she is a keeper, just let YOUR least favorite one go and concentrate on the other. You can always get more trucks down the road. Unlike what most guys here are saying, in general women do tend to have more sense than men. Sometimes it is good to listen to them, or at least pretend.

22. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

"Oh but Honey, I'm going to build the 35 FOR YOU! You can pick out the interior colors, knobs, steering wheel, and exterior color. And If you want you can help me with the rest! It'll be OUR project for YOU to enjoy!" :) I know it's a streach but maybe worth a shot!

23. Chance it

Chance it

First keep the '35 IF you have to choose. You know your wife best and since I doubt if you will be giving her up... Is she just mad cause you haven't worked on the "A"? Move some stuff around straighten it up a bit.
    If she didn't give you some ridiculous time frame to get rid of it she'll probably get over it. Could be she's just on a rant.
    Oh and you guys requesting option 3, shame on ya :p hahahaha

24. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I probably should of called her to let her know about!She didn't like the suprise.

25. 51 mercules

51 mercules

LOL!Thanks.She can cook.

26. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

If you have kids, the other is for the kids, right? I have tried that one before. I doubt it will work for you either, but maybe worth a try.

27. robleticia

robleticia

If option 3 is not an "option", then keep the '35!

28. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Another good idea.

29. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Whichever you get rid of send it to me so my wife can be mad at me for awhile!!!

30. What a quandry :confused:

Here is a simple solution:

Figure out the 'fair market' value of each
    of the two vehicles & the wife :rolleyes:

Based upon your 'independent research'
    determine which has the least 'fair market' value

or ....

Show the wife this Thread on the HAMB and
    the replies you have received to date ....

WITHOUT

'wife' listed as an option :eek:

Including THIS GUY who has been a member since last
    May and was moved to post for the FIRST TIME ....

Keep both vehicles and tell her she is a
    'lucky gal' to have you as a husband ;)

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.