Register now to get rid of these ads!

What would you pay for these Model A bodies?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanaH, Feb 8, 2010.

1. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

Just curious if they guy selling these is at fair prices based off of these pictures. He is asking $1500-$1800 each....

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      36.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      69.4 KB
      Views:
  2. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

If this is in the wrong category please let me know and I will delete and move it...

3. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

To me the Coupe price is good but the sedans about twice what they are worth.

4. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

In my opinion, both are worth more

5. whisky runner

whisky runner

old cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay..ha ha ha ha ..just kidding..i'm with bob..the coupe looks worth it..but the sedans without being able to see more of them..unless as a pair are a little high in my opinion

6. wheredoldcarsr

wheredoldcarsr

Considering a trunk lid would cost about $800 in good cond seems fair price I sold some lot worse for more. Rg

7. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Man that coupe looks well worth 1800.

8. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

Thanks for the replies. I am going to see if he will do a package deal and get the price a little better. He also has a 26/27 T tudor and a 26/27 coupe, and a 27 tub....

9. blt2go

blt2go

they are getting more scarce by the minute it seems. i don't think the prices are out of line at all. from the pics the sedans appear to be a little less rusted, but as stated the coupe is a little more desirable. i say buy 'em all and sort it out later.

10. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

Yeah, he said that he would make a package deal if I buy more than one.. The one shown without the door and gas tank has both included as well. What would you guys reccomend a fair offer on all three???

11. nutajunka

nutajunka

I tell you what, I bet the old timer's if they were still around and seen these cars in this shape for the prices, would laugh themselves silly. I know old tin is getting hard to find, but come on even if you paid 1,000 each it will still take 3,000 in labor to make them right, but to each his own. Time over money is the logic here for sure.

12. Tank

Tank

What would I pay, or what are they worth? Id say youre in the ballpark if not a little on the low end. I know of a coupe body that recently sold for almost twice that, and it was a cobbled up wreck. The guy buying it knew that too, and he was still happy. The sedans are about right in my opinion though.

13. chopt49

chopt49

I would give him $2,000 cash for all 3. Have the cash IN HAND and a trailer. Be ready to load them up! Good luck.

14. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

The coupe looks to be a special/leatherback and awfully rustly. I wouldn't pay $800 for the truck lid. I bought one this past summer for around $300 and it is not rusty. The price of $2000 for them all seems fair. Or pick the best for $1000.

Neal

15. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Is the coupe a leather back? Does it have a steel rear window?

The steel window section is hard to find and expensive in good shape.

If it is NOT a leather back $1,800 is a good deal, but beware because the rear window section is expensive if you can find it.

16. Hey Dana, is there a chance you could get some pictures of the 26-27 Tcoupe body for me, I have a hankern for one.
    Thanks in advance

17. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

The rear window on a special is framed out in wood. As for that matter, most of the roof is framed out in wood. Complete different roof from a standard coupe. Would probably cost $800 to $1000 for the parts to make a special into a standard. The wood kit for the roof of a special is also expensive.

Neal

18. choppershox

choppershox

A coupe body recently sold for $3500 on ebay..I think It take the coupe for what he is asking and leave the sedan unless you can get it for $1000......

19. Offer him 4,500 for all and you can make a good profit!

20. jtille

jtille

Not a bad deal.........just remember a good deal is when both people walk away and feel like they got over on each other

21. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

Yeah. I am going to try and see what kind of deal he will make on all 5 cars. I don't need all of them, but might be able to unload 2-3 of them and keep 2-3 for myself... I will post his info here if I don't buy any of them.

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

And do it fast! Like on "American Pickers". :D

23. 1badrat

1badrat

that coupe is a 28-29 special coupe! pretty rare! i have one, i just sold to my dad to buy a 31 coupe in phoenix az, i sold mine for 3000.00, it is not as rusty but that is what they make patch panels for! i will coming to az wensday and thurs to pick mine up! how good of condition is the 26-27 coupe in?

24. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

Guy sold the A coupe and the T coupes today. All he has left are the Tudors, both A's and one T. I called him to setup a time to come over tomorrow and was sad to hear...

25. Fenders

Fenders

And probably while you were futzin' around on the HAMB....
    Gotta move fast when you find 'em.

26. It's what ever you want to give. personally, the coupe is pretty rotted from the picks. Questions. 1.) what are all the patches going to cost? 2) Materials, welding rod electricity etc.? 3) What is your time worth? (If your answer to the last is not much, be at my place saturday morning bright and early!) 4) what can you purchase one for that is not going to take alot of work? Don't listen to me. I'm old, fat and getting lazy!

Fenderless

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

8 posts and all on this thread. Might just be a chain yanker.;)

28. DanaH

DanaH
    from Az

PM me if you want the guys phone number....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  29. dwcustom

dwcustom

Are you looking for keepers or profit? I'm looking for a 30 or 31 sedan if you're looking to sell.

30. duroc drake

duroc drake
    BANNED
    from ga

i have seen better sell for less than what u are quoting. personally i would prefer to
    start with something better even if u have to pay more. the further along a project
    is when u start the sooner yu will be driving. spend as much as u can afford to get
    as much as u can. there are some desperate folks who are out of work & will make
    u a real deal. you are probably $15,000-$20,000 away from riding with either body.