Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bending some tube / found it funny

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Feb 1, 2010.

1. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

That's a nice setup, but it sure takes up alot of space, the JD2 is alot more small shop friendly.

2. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Hey Carl, Thanx for the extra effort today on helping me with the installation of the roll bar. Turned out exactly how I planned with the old school single hoop and the bends were great!
    [​IMG]

3. Here's a few more pics on the rollbar. Awesome and always a pleasure, Eric.
    Them taco's were damn HOT too, man. Whoah...
    Carl Hagan aka FlashBurn Fabrication

Attached Files:

4. bttt for the morning crowd. "I know how you all like pics, and probly didn't catch this post with the game on last night."

Another project completed. Cool.........Carl Hagan

5. hotrodfrank

hotrodfrank
    from dearing,ga

i always make what i have work and do the best i can, nothing wrong with that, ya'll cut him some slack.

6. Frankie Von Dell

Frankie Von Dell

I hear ya frank, we all work with what we got! I got to see carl working his ass off while I was finishing up my patch panels over the weekend. Turned out awesome!

7. I first started using the Hossfeld in 1988. I never had any problem manually bending 1 3/4 .120 4130 for off road trucks with a 10 ft bar.
    Eventually I bought Hossfelds own hydraulic converison kit and it worked awesome.
    I never heard of newspaper for "lube". Most tubing I bent dry, thicker wall I would use WD40 or LPS Dry Lube and it worked great and cleaned up easy.

8. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hell yeah carl! nice work man!

10. theglassman

theglassman

hydro is your friend....

i had a hossfeld #2...loved it..........bent the arm...:mad:
    now i have a jd model2 with home made hydro......awsome....we are in the prosses of making some dies to do flat,square and even some angle..;)

11. You asked -- with all the stock car racing .. how come the stuff is so hard to find..

I ran into the same problem finding stock. When I stopped by a guys shop that had a couple of race cars outside he just calmly said... ah we just use exhaust pipe! Yikees!

I finally located the good stuff thru a dune buggy builder.. took it to a local garage and we bent it on their exhaust pipe bender...

12. Home Brew

Home Brew

I have a JD and bend 1 3/4 x .134 all the time. No problem.

13. Maybe You should just eat at McDonnalds more often... lol

14. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

My dad set his hossfeld up with hydro. Actually designed to do well over 90 degrees. Hossfeld actually came and took measurements and pics of the setup years ago...I can maybe hook you up with some pics if interested?