Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. SuperStock427

SuperStock427
    from alabama

does anyone know the where abouts of this car?

2. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

T-bolt Too picture looks like the front end has been moved forward? Wheel opening is way up front and sides of bumper shaved. Rear quarter does not look altered?

3. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Correct. At the time the car had an Econoline straight axle installed. The fenders and hood were extended by grafting in a section of fiberglass. The aluminum front bumper ends were trimmed. Plexiglass front windshield. From the fiberglass doors back everything remained pretty much original, except a 1/8" plexiglass rear window. 427 High Riser engine with a 727 Torqueflite.

Regards,
    Dennis

4. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

Dennis

do you have any other photos of this car with the econoline axle?

5. dlshady

dlshady

Here's a couple other photos that I haven't seen posted in this thread yet. I don't think they're reposts.

The red car is the Bill Rick Ford car when Jim Dimmitt (unless I'm wrong) owned it. The second is a photo that was posted on the Double H website, but not a car that I recognize and the third is another car that I don't recognize. Any ideas?

Deron

Attached Files:

6. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

#1 - Yes, Jim Demitt

#2 - At first I thought that was the Bonner automatic car when painted burgundy. However, I think that possibly that may be my car when Reece Gibbs owned it. Check the color photo posted on the Double H website.

#3 - "My Fair Lady", I think that is the former Courtesy Ford - Rick Hearn car.

Regards,
    Dennis

7. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

Dennis
    The double H site says they thought Reece never raced the thunderbolt.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  8. Falconred

Falconred

Dennis, I think the last post is correct about the DH site saying that Reece never had an engine in it. Don't know if that is true or not. That is Hubert's Falcon behind it, I think, and I wonder if that is Hubert's old t-bolt before it was relettered after he sold it.

9. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

I looked through the newspaper clippings and it list Norris Swain running a fairlane on Oct. 17 .

10. dlshady

dlshady

I was wondering if that might be the case when I posted the picture, but have no clue. I need to go back over the site and see if there are any other photos posted that were taken the same day as this one, and if there are any other Thunderbolts visible. That migh provide a clue.

Deron

11. dlshady

dlshady

Here are a couple other photos of a car that I don't believe has been discussed here. I found these on the web somewhere but can't completely make out the lettering on the side. Any ideas on which car this is?

Deron

Attached Files:

12. spiertb

spiertb

I think it says "Black Jack" on that T-Bolt in post #1216.

13. dlshady

dlshady

Thanks. I could make out the "Jack" but not the first word. The last letter of the first word looked like an "X" to me!

Deron

14. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

That statement was most likely based on information that I gave Richard McFalls.

Reece Gibbs received the Strip Teaser without engine and trans. However, Reece told me he bought a "7,000 motor" from Gene Wilson and painted the car Bittersweet Orange, a Mustang color. Others that I spoke to said the T-Bolt always sat parked at his house. It is possible that Reece raced the car occasionally.

Regards,
    Dennis

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  15. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

I don't believe that is Platt's T-Bolt, as the "876" window number remained on the car even after Malkemes had it, see photo.

It also appears the unknown T-Bolt had only a drivers front seat, which is how the Strip Teaser was.

Any idea when the photo with the unknown T-Bolt was taken? What Year/Month did Platt bring out his Falcon?

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

16. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Black Jack is believed to be the former J A Levi King Ford Sales car - Essex MD, a four speed car.

Regards,
    Dennis

17. dlshady

dlshady

I've been studying the Double H website but haven't been able to draw any conclusions so far. If you look at the home page, the second photo down looks to have been taken just prior to the one in question because the second car back is the unknown Thunderbolt followed by Platt's Falcon. There are also a couple cars in the background of the pits that may or may not be the same. The site leads you to believe that these photos were taken by Ronnie Evans during the Southern World Series of Drag Racing in May 1965. If that's the case (and it may not be) then the color video also shot that day confirms that Bob Thomas and Howard Neal were competing with the Strip Teaser Falcon and not their Thunderbolt. I agree with Dennis that its most likely not Platt's old Thunderbolt due to the lack of numbers, its obviously not Austin's car and The Prodigal is also shown in the color footage from that day as being lettered up and painted silver.

So bottom line is that unless someone can pinpoint the date of the picture, then its probably going to remain a mystery. If anyone can verify that it was indeed shot during the Southern World Series then it almost has to be either Dennis' Strip Teaser after Reese Gibbs bought it, or it might be what it now the Baker Brothers car.

Deron

18. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Larry Short's old car....Bridenthal Ford "Goat Herder"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Former Paradise owned car...as Jody recalled from the Super Ford write up when they called it Thor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Early pics of the Tasca Ford/Bill Lawton car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

22. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

23. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

24. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Mike Gray and Mr Nasty III

[​IMG]

25. dlshady

dlshady

Good to see you around 64Cyclone. Been wondering where you were! Any chance you have a photo of the Wayne Jones Ford car as it looked when it was fairly new? I've seen the Nazy Crate version and the one of it in black primer, but never one as lettered when new.

Deron

BTW: That Goat Herder looks sweet in black!

26. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Vels Ford Don McCain T-Bolt

[​IMG]

27. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Nope

[​IMG]

28. dlshady

dlshady

That ole car looks like it might have had a tough life in that pic....

Thanks for sharing!
    Deron

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

[​IMG]

30. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Nothing Randy DeLisio can't fix