Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Van Nuys blvd. in Van Nuys CA.

CBB

2. YEH MAN!!! 16th & scotch's (horible burger & cinimon coke) how about budwisser for racing

3. metalman

metalman

High School (early 70's) in Albuquerque we had a loop. Vip's Big Boy on Central, over to Frank's Drive-In on Lomas, up Lomas to Mac's Drive-In and then back to Vip's. I now live a couple blocks from the old Frank's, there is still a sign in my front yard that says "No Thru Traffic 7pm to midnight, put there in the early 60's to stop the cruisers from short cutting thru the neighborhood going between Vip's & Franks. Every so often you would cruise up Central to Eubank. South Eubank was where EVERYONE went to street race, 200 cars would be normal on a Saturday night. Been like that since the 50's. They closed the Vip's :)mad: Man, I loved the place) my senoir year, everyone started hanging out at the McDonald's on north Eubank after that so we just cruised Eubank from one end to the other.

4. harley man

harley man

73-76 The curcuit Asbury Park NJ

56shoebox likes this.
  5. gr855

gr855

U.S. 40 threw Cambridge City IN. K&J Drive In, with the car hops carring the food to the cars was a great place to eat and see every one's cars.

6. In Portland, Broadway down town.

7. Wichita, Kansas 1971- 1973 Douglas down to Sandy's burger joint and Seneca later. Also Main street in Cheney, Kansas(Home Town, Pop 1100) sometimes.

8. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

E Street San Bernardino, CA in 1959. The Original McDonalds, Snows Drive-In, Ruby's on Highland Ave, and the A&W on Sierra Way above 40th Street.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  9. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

The North Beach and Lake Shore Drive. South Haven MI. Kept going in circles until officer friendly would threaten to call my dad.

Rich

tinkirk likes this.
  10. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Yep cruised D block and then west 10th St. after the city redid the down town area.

11. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

Pasadena,TX from the Corral Drive Inn to the Captain Theater on Sterling (now HiWay 225) and back,and back,and back!!!!! But gas was only 19 cents a gallon....

12. Cruised Valley Blvd. in Alhambra Calif. from the San Gabriel Shopping Center to Bob's Big Boy in the early 70's.

13. In Victoria, B.C. , Canada . Douglas St. to Fort St. up Fort then down Yates St. back out of town on Douglas St. to the "White Spot " drive in for a burger and park .
    In the 1980's it was the last of an era but man was it fun glad I got to be part of it.
    Still living the dream, Rob.

14. 63dan63

63dan63

Morningside Avenue, Sioux City, Iowa 1974-1976.

15. Late 50,s Petes driveinn central ave west Greatfalls,MT also fords driveinn.
    also a drive in on 10th ave so.

16. willymakeit

willymakeit

Branson Mo. cruise area was down to lake, by the ballfield and back. The square in Ozark Mo. ansd Kearney St. in Springfield. In Branson most of the drag racing was done on the dam.

17. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Whittier Blvd. - Whittier to La Habra
    Beach Blvd. - Buena Park to Garden Grove
    Yorba Linda Blvd - Fullerton to Yorba Linda

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  18. rick goetz

rick goetz

Up and down Wisconsin Avenue in Milwaukee then it was east to the lake front then north to Bradford Beach to watch the submarine races with the little chicks we found on the way down the ave.

19. Eryk

Eryk

I'm a youngster compared to some of you guys. Wish I would have been around to cruise Whittier and Van Nuys in the 70's.

I cruised Laurel Canyon in San Fernando in the 90's. We would cruise the Canyon from the 118 by the highschool up to Hubbard. The chevron station by the Ford dealer was the spot. The mobile station on SF Mission was crazy too. We would use Brand Blvd to do uturns and come back up to the Canyon. Crazy times.

20. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Mid seventies....The Loop, hang out at Jack in the Box in Kent on Fridays.....good times....wish I could remeber 'em though.
    Pat

21. SoCal in late 60's
    Harbor Blvd in Fullerton back and forth within 2-3 miles of Carl's Jr
    Whittier Blvd til the cops figured out they could get their quota and return to the donut shop...after a few expensive lessions most of my cruising done at OCIR or Irwindale

22. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

Atlanta Hiway,Montgomery,Al. 67-69 in a 47 Ford 2dr flathed,3sp truck trans and 57 Ford Custom 300 2dr,312,3sp and 62 Valiant Signet 2dr ht, 225,3sp and 73-77 in 72 Gremlin,401,3sp,3:55 rear and Duval st. Key West,Fl.71-72. 71 302 Maverick.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Telegraph, Gratiot,... & Woodward,. also "The Ditch",.... not always cruis'in:eek:
    All of the Metro Detroit area.

(I had to make up extra gas and date money for the week):D:D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  24. Chance it

Chance it

Downtown Waukegan Il. Genesee St (scooping the loop) setting up the races for the nite and checking out what was new on each others cars.
    I'd get to drive all the guys hot cars cause they used to like to watch their car drive past. (Little girl + big bad car) :D
    Then out to Kilbourn Rd in Wadsworth for the races.
    Guess this isn't done anymore, too sad. Oh well, long time ago.

25. impala4speed

impala4speed

Market St. in Youngstown Ohio was the place to be during the 60's and early seventies. The Market St. cruise ran out to Rt. 224 in Boardman, turned around in McDonalds then back again to downtown Youngstown. Many a drag race took place there, of which I may have been involved in occasionally.:) 1st car was a '64 Barracuda w/ a 273 that I rebuilt and a 4-speed. Surprised a few big-block cars with this ride. Then onto a '69 340 4-speed Dart, also with a modified engine. Now this was a fast car. Remember those lumpity-lumpity cams and headers? What a great sound. Man, those were good times. All seemed to dry up by '74-'75. It was great while it lasted.

Denny

26. cwayne

cwayne

Starting at Harvey's on Firestone Blvd down to Bellflower Blvd and back to Harvey's if i didn't run out of gas.

27. wood470

wood470

just wasnt the same when I came home,

28. wood470

wood470

Prettier Whittier Blvd.

29. Huckster59

Huckster59

e main and w main st in belleville ill1975

30. codeblu

codeblu

Criused Mchenry in the late 70's, we used to come down from Manteca.