Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever cruise Main St in Longmont Colorado when they were younger?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Feb 5, 2010.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

That's where I grew up.

2. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Yep. There used to be a 3.2 beer club there we went to all the time. I think it was called the Nite Lite?

3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

What year was that? I lived there for 25 years and never heard of that place. :cool:

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I graduated from Fort Lupton in 1981. 3.2 bars were all closed around 1984-85, I believe it was, when the drinking age went to 21

I learned to fly, and received my pilot license in Longmont, at Ellsworth Aviation.

Buddy

5. ratster

ratster

radical56chevy used to get into trouble all the time on main drag racin, he still lives in longmont

6. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

We did too! Back then I had a BBC '72 Camero SS. That was when the cops made you dump out the beer they found. I probably wasted as much as I drank!

7. nwaringa

nwaringa

I live right around there today.... saw a guy with a sweet off-white 40's truck just the other day.

8. I did, well, untill they started to shut it down.

Let's see, that was '84 to about 88-89ish.

I had a bug, burgundy red rag top. pimpin' the dual webbers:D
    It was quick light to light, but only rad 14.6 at bandomier at around 87.

DAMN small world!

9. 6inarow

6inarow

Small world. I grew up in Ft. Lupton. Cruised Longmont in my sisters bone stock Model A a lot between 77-81.

One night we were headed north on Main. We were in the right lane. 2 cars in the left lane - one about half a car length in front of us the other about half a car length behind. Mechanical brakes so you had to plan your stops. Well the light turned yellow so I slow down as quick as I could in that thing. At the same time the guy in the front car slams on the brakes because he wants to keep looking at the A. The guy in the back figures we wont stop so he hits the gas. Lots of explaining between those 2.

I learned to fly in Greeley with Lowell Thomas.

Small world indeed.....

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

No, but did you ever get to Denver to cruise 15th and 16th streets...??? Or was that before your time...???

Used to go to Longmont to go to the ColoRODans rod run every summer...

R-

11. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Cruised it just about every weekend in my V8 Vega and then in my 55 Chevy. It was the place to be in northern CO and if you wanted to run someone you could just hit the very north stop light and go for it as you headed out of town.

12. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Well, Those are my high school years, so I must know you! I sure don't remember that model a though.

I do know Lowell Thomas. Remember the other pilots- Bill Schneider and Darryl Marchus?

13. palepainter

palepainter

I live about 5 miles from Longmont, they have "No Crusing" signs posted all over the place. Maybe they could wake up and smell the coffee and see what a possible revenue it could be for them.

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What...revenue tickets from the cops...??? Or the revenue they'll get from having everyone pay the city to cart the empty beer bottles, soda cans, McDonalds wrappers and general Saturday nite cruise trash away...???

I've yet to see a "cruise" on city streets where there isn't a single bit of trash left over from a cruise...and that includes the Saturday cruisin' Havana cruise in June.

R-

15. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

No one remembers the Nite Lite? Might have been the Nite Life.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  16. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

All the time from 81-83. My non car buddies didn't get it but it was great.
    I had a red 66 Impala convert for a while. It had a lot of problems, I was just starting to learn!

17. Wow, you are old:p

Let's cruze 10th tonight!

18. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thom, the tri-power is ready for the '58, so I'd love too! Unfortunately, I'm still at work here in NoDak. Let's go next weekend when I'm home.

19. 48FLIP

48FLIP
    from DENVER CO

Last time I cruzed main was about two years ago, not really cruzin just driving around the Bride and Groom, My grandson and his new Bride in my 48 ford convert. We cruzed 16th street in Denver in the early 60's and down Federal to the Scotchman in my 59 Imp. 409, 425 hp, 4sp, 456 gears. Fun, fun fun.

20. What!? you must be CRAZY!
    Or single LOL. It's the weekend of love.

21. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

OOPS! Thanks for reminding me- I would have been single, or at the very least, in the doghouse!

22. ratster

ratster

i cruised west Colfax in my primer grey 56 chevy from 1980-82

23. Cruised Colfax on a few occasions in the late '70s, but I grew up on the Western Slope, so Delta's Main St and Grand Junction's North Ave were the places for us back then. Every now and then, we'd spend a weekend in Denver and hit Colfax. Damn, that really seems like a long time ago.

24. Didn't cruise it, but was there in '86 with Up With People :D

25. LOLLERS!:D
    Hey, someone has to watch out for ya!

If your back Friday gimme a shout, I'll stop by, gota see your newest beast

26. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

We went to that a couple times in the '78-'80 time frame. Stayed in Estes Park for a few days and then went to the show. I'd love to do that again. Do the ColoRODans still put on an event in Longmont?

27. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'll be home- come on over.

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

They do, but it's pretty low-key now...it's held in a shopping mall (last I heard) in Longmont and it's not a two day thing anymore either (last I heard, someone correct me if I'm mistaken). I haven't been in a few years.

R-

29. colorado51

colorado51

Went up there a few times, but I grew up in Arvada, so it was a bit of a drive to Longmont. Mostly went to West Colfax, 16th Street in Denver was a little before my time.

30. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

V8 Vega? I might know you. Was it in the late 80's?