Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody into the 57 Ford......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pitts642, Jan 18, 2010.

1. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Got this one from a buddy that took it at the Nationals last year.

Attached Files:

2. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Another one!

Attached Files:

3. RANCHERO1957

RANCHERO1957
    from WENATCHEE

These are beautiful!
    I am looking at another 57 Custom 2-door. All of the body work has been done but needs to be put together, new slate to work with!

4. I would like to add a 57 Country Squire project car to my Inventory. Anyone know of one for sale?
    This is my Rag Top right after sitting the body back on the frame. Now the under side is as nice as the rest will be again. Frame was pinched in the rear so I can get 10" tires in there. No tubs just widened the stock wheel house. Had to raise the driveshaft tunnel for clearance, oh ya and build a new trunk floor. It's coming along a little slower since the hardtop came back from paint. A guy can't have to many 57's can he?
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

5. Oops, these didn't follow.

Attached Files:

6. RANCHERO1957

RANCHERO1957
    from WENATCHEE

Very nice job so far. Helps when you start with perfect (the '57). I would like to watch the progress on this? John

7. JEPPA

JEPPA

57's, 58's Ahh! Love em' all. I have a 58 Custom 300. Would love a 57 wagon. I need a surf mobile.

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I've been in love with '57 Fords for 50 years now. I got my very first driver's license driving my older sister's '57 Ford Fairlane 500 back in 1961. I have never owned one but I'm still hoping to have one before I kick the bucket (wanna trade for my '63 T-Bird?).

Here is the magazine article from Rod & Custom (June 1970) of Riki Crieger's cool gasser '57 Ford.

Attached Files:

9. twvandy

twvandy

I just traded for a 57 2-dr Ranch Wagon. 292 with 3-spd, rust free body. Fixin to pull the engine and take to the body shop next week. Can't decide on a color yet, either red and white or yellow and white. By the way, I need two Ranch wagon emblems that go on the front ender. So if anyone has some please let me know.

10. [​IMG]
    I have this (same colors) in a 9 pass.-uh, except its in primer and dissembled:D

11. How about more info on your wagon in a P.M. and maybe an e-mail with some photo's?
    The Wizzard

12. CrusadersNV

CrusadersNV

just got rid of ny 57 country sedan. ill miss it in a month or 2 for sure:mad:

Attached Files:

13. Gasser57

Gasser57

Here's a few of my pride and joy. I built it 15 years ago and it's still going!

Attached Files:

14. JEPPA

JEPPA

Now that is candy to the eyes!!!

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like the gasser shots in particular.

16. flatout49

flatout49
    BANNED
    from lindsay

17. fuzz991

fuzz991

The wildest custom 1957 Ford Ranchero ever built, built back in the early sixtys by Dave Puhl of Trend Automotive. And still exist today in Minnesota, being restored back to orginal by Mark M. Watch for it in the future, as Mark will have it better than orginal !

Attached Files:

• T1.jpg
      T1.jpg
      File size:
      87.5 KB
      Views:
    • T2.jpg
      T2.jpg
      File size:
      79 KB
      Views:
    • T3.jpg
      T3.jpg
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
    • T4.jpg
      T4.jpg
      File size:
      85.4 KB
      Views:
    • T5.jpg
      T5.jpg
      File size:
      104.2 KB
      Views:
    • T6.jpg
      T6.jpg
      File size:
      83.9 KB
      Views:
    • T7.jpg
      T7.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
  18. fuzz991

fuzz991

Sitting at Mark's house waiting for the master to restore it to its orginal best.....

Attached Files:

• T8.jpg
      T8.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    • T9.jpg
      T9.jpg
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
  19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

[​IMG]

20. RANCHERO1957

RANCHERO1957
    from WENATCHEE

Lots of nose-bleed here but a damn fine piece!

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

A engine would bring her down a little but yes it does look wicked.
    Still not sure who it belongs to but these pics were posted by spuds in the streetfreaks thread.
    [​IMG]

22. Gasser57

Gasser57

Fuzz991, That was the Trendero, wasn't it?

23. A little different. My buddies '57 Meteor Rideau 500. Only sold in Canada.

Attached Files:

24. RANCHERO1957

RANCHERO1957
    from WENATCHEE

Yeah, I have seen these. I live about 120 miles from the Canadian Border and we have a lot of cars come down from BC and the Canadian Fords are pretty popular. Bodies are pretty much the same but the body trim and grills are really different (good different, usually) from stuff down here. They did this kind of stuff well into the early 70's with the General Motor stuff. John

25. RANCHERO1957

RANCHERO1957
    from WENATCHEE

Is the '58 yours? Nice piece. I particulary liked the hoods from the '58 Fords.

26. Thanks for posting the Trendero Fuzz.:cool:

27. You guys are going to make me cry! My second car was a '57 Custom 300 many-door that I bought in '67. Had a bunch of '57's after that, hardtops and sedans. Best one was the black Custom, w/390, 4-speed and glass nose that I bracket raced at SIR in the early 70's. Wish I had kept that one; figured I'd have another someday but don't think that's in the cards anymore...

28. RANCHERO1957

RANCHERO1957
    from WENATCHEE

I am going to be looking at a '57 Custom 2-door within the next couple of weeks. In pieces with body work done. Interested if I am not? It is here in Wenatchee. John

29. The '58s mine. The hood feeds a healthy 460!

30. I love these things, and have had a bunch. My present Custom sedan has changed three times since I bought it, but currently will be getting a 390 and 4 speed, steel wheels and dog dish caps. Probably white with gray inside.

Beware of those SHowcars Bodyparts fenders. I bought a set of them about 4 years ago and they were terrible. I also bought the upper grille panel, the hood, and deck lid, and none of them were useable. I paid almost $2000 for all of it with shipping, and ended up throwing the upper grille panel away. It had a nasty dent cast in, you could see the rust holes in the ends, and it was about 3/8 inch thick on one side and 1/4 on the other. I was very pissed when I opened the box. The fenders were full of pin holes, thin gel coat, and were heavier than the stock steel ones. I eventually used a set of 40 year old AI fenders. The trunk lid was also very thick and I spent several hours with a grinder thinning it down enough to sit level, ended up giving it away. The hood was to narrow and short, never fit right, but since I had already sold my very nice Crites hood, stupidly, I had to use it. I would never recommend these guys, unless you just like to throw money away.