Register now to get rid of these ads!

the hot rodder`s who new to much; my RANT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ange 33, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

just kidding, but seriously work on the readability a little :)

2. Ruiner

Ruiner

Scrounging is cool, except when you're being a fucking moron about it...I'm sorry, but if I can't fix my SBC starter myself, then I'll go grab one from NAPA and cut my losses...that's just stupid to "scrounge" for things when you don't need to...sure, if it's a period perfect build and you need a starter or clutch fork for a Caddy flathead, you're not gonna go to the parts store for it...but when you're blowing money on shit and wasting more time than money, what's the point of even trying anymore?...hell, if I was rich I'd still be a penny pinching scrounger, but I certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to throw $200+ into an SBC starter that 10 people I know probably have one laying around that they'd sell me for $25...

3. Weasel

Weasel

So what's the point of posting this thread then?

4. Wow, Yeah,you did rant.Hope it was good therapy for you.But please, next time, just keep it to yourself.Thats 5 minutes I will never get back.

You know, I would bet those guys just loved to do things their way.After all, wasn't it their car and their money?

5. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Sometimes you just need to vent. It seems he's mellowed out in his last posts. To each his own. I say hang in there, its not as bad as it sounds.

6. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

i love the H.A.M.B. i hate billet & chrome! i would never post any pics of anything i have ever built. first they are OT, and GOLD CHAINERS builds. which i`m not proud of. it was work and the paycheque was there at the end of the week.

7. sorry, but for me, most of the fun is in the hunt. I spend my $$ on entry to swap meets because I love to wander thru and see what they have, sometimes I even find something for my project. If I added gas, entry fees and parts that did not work out, I would probably be in somethings backwards, but what price do you put on the thrill of the hunt??? I do NOT enjoy plunking down my visa card for parts that I can possibly find thru other venues.

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sooo...do you feel better now?

9. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I started reading this post but I have A.D.D. I can't even...hey look my neighbors dog is humping a football.

10. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

sinceitseemedlikearunonsentencebecauseofthelackofpunctationitwashardtodisectbut...I like gasing up my 3/4 ton 4x4 to go chase rusty shit that will need rebuilt. The thrill of the hunt is half the fun for me. And I apologize to all of my English teachers for that first sentence.

11. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

i`m all for that. if your flipin the bill, build it how you want or can afford. that`s kinda my motto. send me your paypal account and ill credit you. fine do it your way, but do it safe. not only for you, but the ones around you.

12. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Ummm, they still teach english up there in Canada, don't they? Like paragraphs and punctuation and capital letters and such?

13. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

will do.

14. scoop

scoop

I love to scrounge too,but only if I know the local parts store can't get it for me.Ruiner you've got to come down this way and we'll go scrounging got some good yards around here.

15. chuckIII

chuckIII

ME too...I just think this whole post is...squirrel!

16. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

ANGIE DARLIN...YEP i hear you, but my story is just the other way around. i have a relative who think's everything that cost like GOLD is the answere. his enbine was built at rher-morrison. the short block was $3000.00. then a bigass roller cam, a trimic 5 speed, a set of DART heads. see ther are extrems at all walk's of life. my advice girl, just do your thing and forget about their crap...POP.

17. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

thankyou for understanding where im coming from.

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

I was still looking for the most ridiculous Thread of the week.

Glad I found it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.