Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why build a car with a rusty body?...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Bad Bob, that A look's GREAT in paint..........funny, I found some coupe doors for the 40' & I told my pop's that they match the "patina" of the 40' & he said that I would never drive it around like that.......haha......primer is just a step to quote "AV8".

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

2. I don't understand why you would not strip the rust first either.Its a cancer that just gets worse.Its always the first thing I try to eliminate.You need a solid framework to make a strong,safe car.

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well I am not going to say I like the rusty cars but I am planning to take this 50 Merc that has been sitting in the woods for the past 30 years to the KKOA salin ,KS show and I know for a fact that I am not going to be able to fix the body that much. But I really want to drive to this show and this car will be reliable when done then when I get home I will begin to mess around with the body. But I have to put complete floors in this and possibly a frame we are not 100% sure as of yet . I am not even going to be able to touch it until after the end of this month due to the upcoming Billetproof show in Florida. I have a shitload of projects to finish off one being the piece of art work I am creating to present to Bill Hines at the Salina show. I just finally scored the major piece that I was lacking for the completion of this art work. Anyway I know my Merc is rough looking at the moment but I think the thing is it will be something that many will enjoy seeing as it transforms into a piece of rolling fine art. Since my short time with building cars I have noticed myself always getting my personal vehicles road worthy and driving them around town not completely finished and the thing is many average people whom no nothing about what it takes to build these cars seem to be enthused with seeing what they look like at certain stages of completion. But trust me if I had the proper funds I would have all of my cars completely finished before I took them out driving around......lol....anyway this is a pic of the 50 Merc I have chased for the past 6 years.

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Oops! This is the 50 I pulled from it's resting place after it was washed with 2 gallons of purple power.:eek: And that is my oldest son in the picture posing with according to him "His Merc".......:D

Attached Files:

5. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I had to paint it! Got to cover up the fiberglass so it wont rust. LOL,
    I do like patina but not rust.

6. i stripped all the paint off my topolino with 3M rust paint remover disc on a 1/2" drill..didn't want to loose any metal anywhere...then i used compunds to clean the few pits and a brass wire wheel on the same 1/2" drill..my goal was to stop any future rust, and to enjoy all the shiney 73 year old tin under the paint and few minor rust spots...

but i can also understand why some build the car and forget about the body condition..they wanna drive the car!!!!!

7. the way I see it, all of the dents and rust in my car were "earned". Who am I to change it?

8. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

MAN , Do you know how to stir up shit. See you for lunch on wednesday. BBQ and chocolate peanut clusters. Shit, I'm in tall cotton.
    Myers coming by this afternoon to stripe Judy's coupe.

9. Alright, heres my imput.

First off, I love patina and orriginal paint on cars. Nothing better to me. But they all can't be like that. Last year I literally threw this car together using what I had laying around and had a car in like 3 months. I did do some body work on one quarter panel, but I removed it and sand blasted it to do the repair, then popped it back on.

This winter I am in the middle of doing a V8 swap in it. So the body is off. I am not going to do any more body work on it. Winter is coming to an end and I don't have the time/money to do body and paint. Bad Bob said earlier in this thread that "while the bodys off why don't you you do body work and paint it"? Easier said then done. For me, it would take A LOT of time and money to do that "simple task".

I just personally think that an orriginal surface rusty body would look a shit load better then an old dented up and worn out body that was blasted and primed really quick...still showing dents, dings, tears and rust. But- different strokes for different folks.

I do plan on painting this car someday. But it may be later this year, or it may be 10 years down the road. It's no contest and I just do what I like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Body rot I mean holes rusted through,shit falling off NO.. Buuuuuuut I sure like original paint no matter how thin it is and if it has some surface rust... ok

11. Well Said Chris, orginal surface rust/patina...awesome, in fact, makes the car. Especially when time and money is a factor!

This took me parts from 4 cars, 2 years of fabrication before I got to look like this, and still a year after that, Im still fixing chips and dings, and still have not heard it run yet. :eek: Quite frankly, im sick of it! :)

Next time, surface rust until I can get the time. Primer isnt going to get it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I have a build going on at the moment, '31 Coupe and the body isn't pretty. Rear wheel arches have rotted out at the bottom, few dings here are there, couple of tears to panels inside the car and patches needed between back of doors and the rear arches.
    This car is having the serious issues sorted first, this is taking a lot of time and doesn't come cheap! Steering box rebuild, gearbox swap, engine rebuild, frame straighten, suspension sorting etc etc. I can't afford to have this car off the road for another season, I'd go stir crazy!! The idea is to get it safe and running right, then and only then will I consider looking at bodywork issues (cause I know there's a couple of month's work there). Oh yeah, the cost of blast cleaning the car inside and out...£400!
    As for the rust, shit it's a 79 year old car and the thing isn't a pile of dust yet so another 12 months isn't going to hurt. It will get repaired and painted because the UK climate eats cars!

Personally I love cars with patina or that worn look, I'd be the first to admit that mine has passed that point a little.

13. oz40

oz40

As a rodder that works on cars all day and every day, I would want the body/panels to be sandblasted so I know exactly the challenge I have in front of me. Because I want the best for the customer at the end of the day.

I have posted two recent builds here on the Hamb, a 50 Merc and 32 5W.
    The first was sandblasted before I even put a tool to it.
    The customer was smarts in this way.

As for the second project, the owner,.... shit for brains.. and a tight arse at the same time. (but thats another story)
    So with this project I had to do it with the rust, etc.

What I am saying here, is sometimes there is no choice, but in a personal view point I would want my projects to be cleaned up before I start the build.
    But this is what hotrodding is about........
    .........different folks,... different strokes.

14. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

every thing i've built in my life got painted (by me). and i do this for people all day long at my shop right now i have a 52 chevy truck that is starting to look real good with no paint. it just looks relaxing, no wash jobs, no waxing, no garage storage ect.like i said i've never not painted but it is sure tempting. for me with a full time shop a complete paint takes me at least a year working in between jobs.

15. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

I love me some patina too but I don't think that was the point of this thread. Driving a car as is and building as you go is a different style and a practical one at that. A lot of cars with original faded paint and rust are on my favorites list, I've got no problem with it.

But I figure if you have to go into the deep dark corners of a car and rebuild things you'll never see then you should have clean bare metal! Can't count how many times I've seen guys on here take a freshly made piece 'o cold rolled and weld to rusty crusty metal. Another style too if blasting or dipping isn't practical or affordable, but I guess I'm too anal for that!

Just had some stuff for the 36 dipped in Arlington at Metal Rehab. Not cheap, but now I can see what I'm up against!

Attached Files:

16. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

I am with Larry!

17. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

Mine is rusty due to I did not have deep pockets and wanted something to drive. It has been used as a daily driver from 2005 untill 2009 winter (still not happy with engine #5 that I have installed) while working on my next project which has been sandblasted and primed.

Paint, no paint, rust as long as it is build with safety in mind, but bondo is bad.
    I have seen a few cars that were painted nicely but had less metal than my truck cause it was covered in bondo. One the bondo was cracking in large chunks.

18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I agree with this. I'd rather have an ugly car I can drive, than a pretty car I can't. The ability to use the thing is what keeps my motivation up and my momentum going, thereby assuring I actually even get to the make-it-pretty stage.

My perspective for a ground-up build would probably be different.

-Dave

19. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Because bare metal is traditional right?

I'm just sayin. There's always the "whats traditional and whats not debate" and I'm not tryin to get that goin. It just wasn't done till Shine did it and now it's accepted. When we have the cash we'll paint. Untill then, I'm gonna drive the friggin wheels off it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  21. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

not to offend, but i like it better before.

22. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Originally Posted by Bad Bob
    That's why I had to get some paint on my Coupe ASAP!!!! I hate that look. Bare metal is a different story. Rusty body,red wheels,WWW's...screams RATROD!!! It had to go!

screams ratrod huh? thats what you think a ratrod is ? Bad Bob , you got some learning to do. This car is a well built safe vehicle, it is not a ratrod..or even close to being one. Lacking paint does not make any car a ratrod. The www does not make it a ratrod. Red wheels ...are 50's ..not rat. I have some pictures of some shit at car shows that are true ratrods...craped up pieces of shit. And this car isn't even close. BUT you with it what you want, just don't call that cool car a ratrod.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  23. Dirty2

Dirty2

I like em when they make them rust with what ever and than put oil or what ever to make it shine . :confused:

24. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

If it`s patina without rot then leave it alone. Can`t duplicate the original finish other than time. If it`s rusty and full of holes, at least weld it up.

I have shiny trucks and time worn trucks. Love `em all but I enjoy driving the old patina. No worries about where it`s parked and everyone has a story about an old truck.

Attached Files:

25. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I think most people totally missed the point of the thread. Anyways if you're doing a ground up build I would think you would want to blast it first. It's so much easier to see what has to be fixed and so much nicer to weld. Also in the long run I think it's less work a lot less grinding.

26. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

.Guys that build something before body work are more interested in driving it than what other people think it looks like.Doesnt matter really,use each other for ideas and go with what makes you happy.I have a painted and a bare metal-rust car.I could care less if anyone even turns their head.Just drive it

27. do they have tape measurers out there?
    that tilted forward grille shell "just screams rat rod":D

ha,ha,ha....just funnin ya.

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

I actually like cars both ways.......Leaning toward the patina a little bit more. I don't think the patina look makes it a rat rod though. If your car is a rat rod ( and yes the general public probably would call it that), I like rat rods then. The rat rods I don't like are the ones that have too many goofy things attached to them just to bring attention to cheesy cars.......... But the way yours looked was fine with me.

29. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

The rest of mine will be blasted once I finish the rust repair. I always strive to have a "done" car.
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CHeather%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CHeather%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CHeather%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Garamond; panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot][/FONT][​IMG]

30. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yep. Besides, I hate to fuck up the paint that's there.

Didn't affect the welding and fabbing at all. There'll be plenty of time to paint it next year, or the year after, maybe.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.