Register now to get rid of these ads!

If money wasn't an issue, wot kind of rod would you build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Dec 29, 2008.

1. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

55 chevy with a dual plug per cylinder race hemi and a 4 speed behind it.:eek:

2. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

56 chevy 3100. Sorry for the lack of clarity there.......

3. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

hey merctruck , you stalkin my profile to answer young ladies questions ?........hahahaha!!!!!!!:d

4. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

full custom car from the ground up. one off everything. start from bare metal to build each part of the car by hand and tools. i would even design and build an all new motor. as in not chevy, ford, buick, dodge, ect, ect, ect... thinking v14 7 cylinders on each side sounds fun. 7 speed trans to match the oddness.

5. This one,
    considering that mine is presently mostly stock. Peace,,,Moosie :)

Attached Files:

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Money has always been the problem and the other was getting hooked in 32 Fords. I kinda worked thru the money problem thru the years and have been lucky to own some nice cars. I have always had to sell the last car to build the next. I kept my 32 3 window for 30 years and only now do I feel comfortable to build it knowing I will not have to sell it to do the next.

7. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Another idea...

'26 T tub, slot mags front and rear, quick change, stick trans, chopped up duece shell w/ a holey insert, white tuck n' roll, candy red over silver flake paint job, 6 or 7 inch drop axle, split bones, juice brakes, buick drums, white wall slicks on back, skinny whites up front, blown ford/saab V4 with lots of finned goodies (with matching red inside the fins), and 4 chromed out 97's on top....

8. 1 foot in the grave

1 foot in the grave
    BANNED

I was in the shower a minute ago and remembered another dream rod of mine. '57 T-Bird, all black with a lt. brown leather interior. Engine turned dash, firewall, and interior trim. Black hardtop. Real knockoff kidney beans (15") with some bias ply black walls or maybe redlines. NO FENDER SKIRTS! Under the hood? How about a 427 SOHC motor, either Hillborn injected or a belt driven blower, not sure. One thing would not be traditional though, a 6-speed C6 'vette trans-axle in the rear. But everything visible is period correct on the outside.

9. Racerex

Racerex

'33 ford roadster with divco accessory wheels, a mehanically fuel injected 331 hemi backed by a saginaw four speed with an original halibrand quick change. It would be a bare bones hot rod like one you'd find in hop up.

10. ngafreeride

ngafreeride
    BANNED
    from Georgia

40 ford coupe, ardun flattie, totally stock exterior

11. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

Tucker Torpedo......with a mild chop and a gas turbine.
    [​IMG]

12. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

55 corvette nomad

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  13. stevoe

stevoe

36 ford 3 window coupe. like the one cole foster built for kirk hammett of metallica.

14. Arominus

Arominus

1934 airflow CU 2dr coupe, i love how these old airflows look. Motivation? I'd keep the straight 8, and everything. Honestly i really kinda want a stock one with some custom touches like paint, full leather interior, maybe retro fit A/C if i can (hide a sanden down low?). The car was unloved when it came out but god damn if i don't care how ugly anyone thinks it is. I want one.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one I am building now. Money is never an object. I don't have any.

16. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

[​IMG]

I'll admit I don't have much knowledge about Delahayes. I know it'd be sacrilegious in purists' eyes but I have no idea of this would irritate anyone here, but the question is if I had the money to.. Then..

I would hot rod a Delahaye but keep it as close to stock-appearing as possible.. A little lowering, some mild tweaks, soup up the motor with some go-fast goodies (if they make any for Delahaye motors?), add a McCulloch just for a bit of American flavor, lose the skirts on all 4 corners, straight pipes, strengthen up the driveline and chassis.

Then I'd terrorize the streets.

iPhone - TJJ App

17. Little Terry

Little Terry

I'd finish building my 292ci 6 and drop it in a mildly chopped and channeled '30 A coupe on '32 rails painted gloss midnight blue with 3 carbs and plenty of chrome.

I live in hope!

LT

18. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

1937 Lincoln-Zephyr Coupe for me

19. Deuces

Deuces

Can I pick 2??? :D How about one that's HAMB friendly??? :) And one you'd probably want to throw rocks at???.. :(

Attached Files: