Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Pass Time"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manicmechanic, Feb 4, 2010.

1. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

My new favorite show. No drama like Pinks, just cool cars making a hot pass. The show let’s you know some information about the car and you take a (SWAG) at the time. Speed TV has hit a home run with this show.:)

2. Would be real cool, if they had old cars too ;-)

3. I want to see more of that blonde line up girl....smokin!

4. Shaky Puddin was on there....:D

5. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I love that show. So how close are you on the times? I know I would never win the money.

6. LongT

LongT

Last night they had a '35 pickup.

7. SpeedwayRyan

SpeedwayRyan

I actually do pretty good on guessing times for some reason...I guess all those trips to the drag strip for test & tune nights in high school paid off!

8. vertible59

vertible59

Really like that show! Lots and lots of Camaros and Novas, but from time to time the gassers show up. Recently I saw an AD panel, a Henry J, several Falcons and Chevy 2s, and some cool FEDs and altereds. Where else can you see grassroots racers being interviewed before putting their cars through its paces?

9. paintcan54

paintcan54

The wife and I watch the show and wright down our times, and see you can win the money. I have signed up to be picked for the show.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My daughter (11)and I make it a home game..we secretly write down our guess..and see how close we come..
    at first i was kicking her butt on the first 2 runs..than she asked me to explain why the guy with the low time wins..after that..she has evened up the score..

better than watching Miley Cyrus:eek:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  11. choke

choke

That show is produced by the same people that produces PINKS. Shows there trying different venues at least! To Bad PINKS hooked up with NHRA this year. I'm sure NHRA will find a way to ruin that too!!!!!

12. vertible59

vertible59

Google Rich Christensen and read what he has to say about his vision for the program. I know a lot of folks on the HAMB have a strong dislike for Mr. Christensen, but from the interviews with him I have read, he comes off as a really straight up guy. I think if NHRA tries to change PINKS ALL OUT, the program will not survive. That, imho, would be a sad outcome for everyone who loves grassroots drag racing.

13. Least they use the tree to start em.... Not a bad show in all.

14. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

Last night the guy guest the exact time and pickup $100.00 bucks:):)

15. 117harv

117harv

It would be better if the cash just went to the competitors, and not the house, it's only $2,000.00 more times than not the house is the final winner. Just have three competitors and let them split the winnings. They DO need more vintage iron.

16. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

i would have to disagree completely with the level of excellence of this show;

What we really need is a show like this old house on PBS---where they actually show in great detail how to perform a procedure.

And cut the damn music too.

17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don Moyer was on the HAMB the other day. He and the REBEL REAPER Willys will be doing some wheel stands in the near future on that show.

18. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

My wife even likes that show when I watch it.

19. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

MANIC...YEA they got it right, by indexing all the rod's. but then they screwed it up BIGTIME when old RICH feed's his EGO by hand flaging, and his braindead idea of hot lapping the hotrod's. if the dumb asshole knew anything about 600 plus H.P. he would know they need a little cool down between run's they need a new forum and host!...POP.

20. I watch Pass Time any chance I get and my wife usually sits in too. I'm pretty good with the times but she just takes a shot in the dark and does just as well sometimes. I'm suprised at the number of cars that don't complete a full run but it's still better than the old Pinks by a long shot.

21. bkap

bkap

There have been how-to-build-it shows over the years but it seems they always devolve into soap operas these days, much like Monster Garage and Monster House did. This guy didn't show up. That guy is talking behind another guy's back. Two Guys Garage and Truckin' (or whatever it's called now) are okay but a little too heavily scripted and into parts pimping for my tastes. Keep me away from Pimp My Ride and Unique Whips. American Chopper, too. Way too much drama or useless time wasting.

I liked Pinks better when it actually involved the pink slips. I'd think they cut out that part due to competitor or legal problems but more than likely it was because someone at the network or production company couldn't leave it well enough alone. The current show is better than no grassroots racing but it doesn't have the same edge. I liked the original Junkyard Wars, too, until it turned into personal drama all the time.

Pass Time is often entertaining but I don't usually know enough to get in a good guess. I like the mix of cars there.

Sorry for the rant...

22. OT a bit but i wonder if I could come race my turbojet powered gokart?? well that is if I ever finish the damn thing...

23. phukinartie

phukinartie

Love the show it has a pretty good cross section of cars I also like the house idea
    keeps the players on their toes

24. Definately better than pinks. That show is just about seeing who makes the better deal. I like pass time, its fun to make your own guess at the time. I agree with wanting to see more old cars. Too many 5.0 mustnags and vipers! I loved watchin ShakeyPuddin run. It's on youtube! Check it out

25. long island vic

long island vic

hellsapoppin was on pass time..thats old enough

26. Glen

Glen

If you guys want to see more hot rods on Pass Time all you have to do is show up.

I met the producers 6 months ago. At the las Vegas taping they were desperately looking for cars other than Mustangs, Camaro's, Chevelles' or Novas.

The new season starts the 15th of this month. The first 4-6 episodes were shot in las Vegas two days after the NHRA event so there are some pro cars thrown in.

Dennis Wile's silver 32 full fendered coupe will be in one of the episodes, you might remember that is the car that did the big wheelstand and drug the rear bumper at irwindale.

27. LTM75110

LTM75110

My new favorite show,We need more shows like this.

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm not too bad guesing the ET's of cars like I used to run but more modern/turbo stuff I always guess too slow.

Frank

29. SpeedwayRyan

SpeedwayRyan

Chop Cut Rebuild is probably the best one on TV, but the seasons go by too quickly and then it's a long wait for the next one. But, they actually go pretty in-depth (for shows like that anyway) into the nuts & bolts of it. Best part? No faked drama at all.

30. bkap

bkap

Yeah, I like that one, as well. A lot of these shows are kind of funny because they spend most of the time reviewing what they did before the last commercial break. :rolleyes: