Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fenton headers in a AV8-Will they fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjorear, Oct 23, 2008.

1. banjorear

banjorear

Howdy:

Thinking about running Fenton headers in an AV8 on A frame with F-1 box in about the stock mounting location.

Does anyone have an idea if they will fit before I buy? Thanks.

Tim

2. StrickV8

StrickV8

old post but was never an answer and wondering the same thing????

3. Burgy

Burgy

I'm in the same boat as you guys, an answer would be appreciated, or even a picture of them installed on a motor so one could get a general Idea of how much they stick out. Im probably going cowl steering so the steering box is a non-issue.

4. walter

walter

Call Jim at Reds Headers.(760-343-2590) I just had a great experiance and the Headers that he sells for that application fit perfect. The first set I got from him did not fit but he tweeked them and I can install both sides in less than ten minutes. The fenton's will not clear the steering box. If you want pictures of how mine fit I would be happy to share. [email protected]

5. I say the Fentons won't fit with the box in the stock location. The collector/dump will be in a major conflict with the box/case. I reloctaed my box down about 3/4'' to clear the manifold. I left enough clearance for it to look factory and be able to re&re the assembled box with the engine in the car. It was a lot of work doing the steering conversion with all the little jobs that need to happen. I have a friend doing an AV8 who is trying to use Fentons and an F1 box and it's a no go, he is looking for an alternative box.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  6. banjorear

banjorear

J:

Thanks. Yea, I decided to bail on them. Got some other ideas that I'm going to try.

Thanks.

Tim

7. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

The drivers side will fit no prob. but the pass. side will hit the frame rail at the flange.

Greg

8. StrickV8

StrickV8

thanks for the pics walter!