Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car clubs attending viva las vegas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I know it is pretty early to post this but I was wondering how many different car clubs plan on attending VLV 2010 ? My thought is it would be cool to get all members from every club together and get a huge group photo out in the parking lot (probably away from the car show, where there may be some room). Not sure if will be possible to do this, but it would be pretty cool. If people are interested, perhaps we can set up a time and location.

2. Rex at Lowbrau Lines

Rex at Lowbrau Lines
    from Mesa, AZ

I heard the Demons are gonna be there from AZ. They are bad ass! Get them in your photo for sure if they are willing to be in it. Some of the guys have warrants.

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah, we are an evil bunch, especially the guy with the pin striping brush in his hand..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

4. My wife and I are actually taking at least this year off from going to Viva. Last year (09) was the first time I've actually thought there could be too many people at a car show. We felt like we couldn't even look at a car without bumping into a fat chick posing on someones hood or knocking over a beer can. We're hoping to be able to make it to shows we haven't been to yet like the Round-Up, Kulture Shock and maybe something on the East Coast.

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

I was there and certainly don't recall all the people climbing all over the hoods like everyone says. I don't think anyone is going to go up and climb on someone else's car. I saw people posing by cars (which is fine) but that is not posing "on the hood". And for every "fat chick" there was some nice looking ones walking around as well. Seems to be just another jump on the Viva -bashing bandwagon person. Viva is a killer weekend.

6. Well, I saw what I saw. You can call me a basher if you want but it won't change my opinion. I've been to the viva car show for the last 4 years and I just personally didn't have alot of fun in '09.

7. squirrel

squirrel

I don't think the Sierra Vista chapter of the Sphincters will be able to make it this year. We had fun in 05 though.

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

I just don't believe that people will just walk up and climb on someone elses car, especially with out permission. And especially from other car lovers.

9. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, I guess you have to see it to believe it. Have fun!

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

And why is it Viva is the only show out of all the similar shows that you hear this about? Is it just coincidence that all the people who would do that just happen to go to Viva only?

11. I don't think it's just viva. Some of my friends up here in NorCal have come back to their cars from getting a beer to find some random girl leaning on their car taking a picture. Now, depending on how good the girl looks they may or may not have been upset. :D I really like the quality of cars that make it to the shifters show, and I really admire the fact that these cars usually come in from long distances to get there. It just seems to me, and this is my opinion, that as the show gets more popular more people who aren't generally 'car people' show up and 'show etiquette' goes downhill. for instance, usually if you want to take a picture of a car people will stop walking by and let you do so.

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

True.....The more popular the more general people show up. But I have not seen any of the people climbing on cars that people have said. I did see a lot of people posing by them but not once did I see anyone just walk up and climb on the car. Just out of respect I would not think anyone would do that, especially without asking the owner.

13. KATFISH

KATFISH

There are rumors that some of these lowlives (WEIRD-OS) will be there. If you encounter one of them it is advised that you do not make eye contact,and to keep your
    wives and girlfriends a safe distance.

14. devilleish

devilleish

Run into it at smaller shows around here. My girl is always on some guy's ass about leaning on her '59 or setting his beer can on the fender. It's usually someone we don't know, too.

Viva next year for us. Got my '55 Chevy truck to get done, the '59 Ford to get power steering on, a '49 Studebaker with an attitude problem, a '49 DeSoto that was parked after a small fire in '58, and a '62 Rambler 400 wagon needing floors. Those are the cars scheduled to go with us, I don't know how many more will.

15. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

ive been bustin ass on my 27 but funds are tight. but ill be there! got my hotels and wristbands!

16. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

ive been bustin ass on my 27 but funds are tight. but ill be there! got my hotels and wristbands!

17. JOBCORP

JOBCORP

Throttlers salt lake will likely make an apperance, well at least one

18. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

psycho saints from the la are will be there for sure

19. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

...make that at least 2. Perhaps 4 if the planets align.

20. Lonely Knights will be there from Colorado. Not sure how many yet.

As far as the '09 show is concerned it definately very crowded on Saturday and we had some problems with kids, like 18 - 22 years old children, getting on our cars. To the point that I went looking for Alex at one time to eject them from the show. Not car people, just scenesters, and too fucking stupid to get it.

I told one chica to get off my club brothers fender, to watch her turn around and plop her ass on down on the fender of my Deuce. Her feet left the ground when I yanked her off the car. We literally had run 8 or 10 away from the vicinity of our Rods & Sleds.

Friday is generally the best day out in the lot anyways...........

Johnnie.

21. toocooltayler

toocooltayler

Northside Street Rods from Regina SK, Canada are driving a couple of the sleds down for the show through the snow!

22. Gasser57

Gasser57

One or two Motor Psychos from Cleveland. Always a good time at Viva!

23. jester5388

jester5388

RUMBLE CATS TX CHAPTER will be there for sure

24. MilesM

MilesM

Not trying to make you a believer but it happened to my car last year. I did not ask if they were "other car lovers".

25. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

someone told me the seat sniffers from Oshkosh were rollin out.

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Although not registered yet, the following clubs will be there:

Gearheads
    Lifters
    Aces
    Emperors
    Throttle Kings
    Kingsmen
    King of Knights
    Road Rockets - Indianapolis
    Road Devils
    Cavaliers
    Reelers
    Acme Speed shop
    Los Reyes
    Alex Gambino - Gambino Kustoms
    Brad Masterson Kustoms

and many more

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  27. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Calaveras Rods and Kustoms will be there. Juan and I for sure...

28. sincitysled52

sincitysled52

nice!!!!

29. elrobo818

elrobo818

shit... im hoping to have a new core for my radiator for my ride to make the drive out there... as soon as i get funds... my radiator is alrite for not so long distance drives... but i cant drive it too far without it takin a shit on me... but shits hit the fan for us and funds are tight... my buddy says he has a trailer so that we can at least cruise around vegas for the weekend and then trailor it back... but i want to DRIVE my car there... dont wanna seem like a trailer queen... hahaha.

30. Goose

Goose

I will be there Axle. Flying out though. Just can't get that much time off work to drive out. Maybe one day I will hit the lottery and be able to drive out again. I guess I need to start playing the lottery if I plan on hitting it! lol :)