Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lucky's Speed Shop Pedal Assembly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bib Overalls, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Glen

Glen

I dont have any experience using those pedals....but Don is a personal friend.

I know several of my friends have ran them but they are not Hamb members. Don would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have if you email him.

Customer satisfaction is always a priority to him.

He used to build drag cars and has been my "Coach" for the past year while I have been tweaking the Model A.

2. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

That is a great looking pedal assembly. I bet he sells a bunch of them!

3. Lucky's Speed Shop

Lucky's Speed Shop
    Alliance Vendor

I've looked at the pictures of your coupe. The firewall you are using will let you install our Hot Rod Pedal Assembly with minimal fabrication. You will need to flatten the rib in the firewall to allow the master cylinder to lay flat with the pedal mounting bracket. This can be done several ways.

Also depending on what the toeboards look like you may have to make an adjustment (trim) on the pedal return stops to allow for more travel. This may or may not require a longer set of pushrods.

As in any custom installation, there may or may not be concerns to address but this is one of the most straight forward and easiest vehicle installations.

If you're concerned about dimensions, here is a link with all the pedal dimensions.

Let me know if I can help. Don

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

now how cool is that?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a nice update on an old standard. I always thought that the materiel thickness on the origionals was a little on the thin side. That being said i'm sure the origional applications were more competition oriented and saving weight is the name of the game. This one looks stout enough to give a lifetime of street use.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Now that's a vendor. Thank you for your support and follow through.

7. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Now that's a vendor. Thank you for your support and follow through.

8. Lucky's Speed Shop

Lucky's Speed Shop
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! We actually looked at dozens of the old Moon and Ansen pedals before we started on these and it was rare to find a set that didn't have bent pedals or mounting bracket. Scared us enough to step up the thickness in all areas, supply better bushings and add the things as builders we know you need, like a stop light switch and pedal return stops.

We've had dozens of customers tell us horror stories of the old pedals which included no return stop so the pedal swung up and hit their leg and the pushrod fell out of the master cylinder. WOW!

Also the one thing we've heard from everyone who had an old set of Moon or Ansen pedals compared to our new ones is the brake pedal feels right now. We changed the pedal ratio to match the master cylinder bore.

Thanks again and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have on this or any of the other products we carry.

Don
    Lucky's Speed Shop

9. jeffh355

jeffh355

I have one of those "other pedal sets" with no stops. Your set looks great and is on my list of must haves. I hate the pedal set I have now!!! And yes, I've even bent the clutch pedal as well already.
    You will see my order next month. Have to ask... HAMB Alliance member discounts???

10. Makes my original Ansen pedal set look bad! May have to upgrade!

11. Appreciate the info. I am to the point in my build where I need to think about the pedals, seat, and steering column. Earlier I bought a set of Ansen repops. They are pretty much wall art. Looks like I will be going with Lucky's pedals.

12. Lucky's Speed Shop

Lucky's Speed Shop
    Alliance Vendor

We are an Alliance Vendor so confirmed Alliance Members receive 10% off on our Hot Rod Pedal Assembly as well as the Slave Cylinder if you need one and we pay the ground shipping charges. We do send them with insurance and a signature on delivery so those charges still apply but in most cases only amount to around $5-$6 total.

Remember, we're here to help so please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

Thanks,
    Don
    Lucky's Speed Shop

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

I will be calling tomorrow about another product you have .
    Danny

14. jeffh355

jeffh355

You sold me! I'll place my order today instead of next month and dump the want-a-bee set I've got in the car now!

15. Lucky's Speed Shop

Lucky's Speed Shop
    Alliance Vendor

A note on receiving your "Alliance Member Discount". To get your Alliance discount, just place your order and save it but do not pay. With the different discount rates and shipping options I have to manually go back into the order and apply the discount and remove the actual shipping charges from the shipping and handling total. Insurance and signature on delivery fee still apply but only amount to around $5-$6 total. After I make the changes you can go back into your account and pay with any credit card through Paypal.

Make sure to put a note in the "comments" when placing an order that you are an "Alliance Member" or just drop me an email and we'll get it handled.

Also the free shipping is for ground only within the 48 states.

As always if you have any questions just call or email!

Thanks for everyone's interest,
    Don
    Lucky's Speed Shop

16. jeffh355

jeffh355

Just ordered my new pedal set!!! Don at Lucky's is a great guy to talk to, made the process very easy.... plus with the Alliance member discount, this thing is an awesome deal. Thanks Don!!! Jeff

17. jeffh355

jeffh355

Got my pedal set on Friday, thanks Don for the fast shipping. Talk about solid, these things are bullet proof! I installed them this weekend and with a small amount of trimming at the top to clear my cowl, they bolted right into place. Now I have a nice solid set of pedals that will never bend like my old ones did. The brake switch was a nice addition as well instead of the one I had moused into place before.
    Highly recommended!!! Jeff

18. Lucky's Speed Shop

Lucky's Speed Shop
    Alliance Vendor

My pleasure Jeff! Glad you like the quality and additional features and happy the install went smooth for you. Let me know how you like the clutch pedal feel now.

Thanks again for the order and to everyone else that ordered from this thread!

Don
    Lucky's Speed Shop

19. jeffh355

jeffh355

The clutch is a huge improvement. Between the better pivot placement on the pedal assy and the shear thickness of the pedal, the car is much easier to shift now. I honestly can't get over how heavy duty you built these, you would tear out your firewall before you could ever bend a pedal!!!! My old ones are going on Epay, but I will be honest enough to mention they were replaced by a higher quality unit.

20. Got my set today. Built like a tank. I'm impressed. Anyone want to by an Ansen style setup? I have a extra I will never use.

21. wizzard23

wizzard23

I'll probably catch some crap on here, but here goes, do you make a single set-up for auto trans? thanks.

22. desertdroog

desertdroog

Just put my order in for my 30 coupe project. I sourced an M-20 for my application and the need brought me to this thread.

23. The Lucky's pedal assembly is a quality piece. Fitting it to my 31 Ford firewall required a little work. The firewall is not flat.

I'm sure Steve (El Polacko) can offer you some other mounting options. I considered putting a spacer on the back side of the firewall.

I also think I should have mounted my pedals about an inch higher.

I also decided to use the original truck bell housing and slave cylinder set up. Heavy. But it keeps things simple.

Attached Files: