Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragster frames........picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Dec 21, 2007.

1. superbell

superbell

What you don't have any body panels beat out on that yet?? I know a couple guys that live close by...........Rick

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

FINALLY picked up our car today.......I'll post more photos later after I clean it up. Can anybody ID the frt wheels or unique front axle, it's laid forward with the kingpins angled accordingly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Cool Rocky! I had to come over here to see it. :p I guess you'll be posting pix on the Eagle Field thread soon.

4. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Sure wish I still owned my car..... :)

Here's my favorite pic!

~Robert M.

Attached Files:

5. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Awesome pix. guys ! 28 pages of post ! Can't wait to get started on mine !!!! 50's car , already built one, now I got to have a 60's slingshot with a little more power .

6. riceman

riceman

Could be Borrani rims and will have that name on the side of the rim.

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks for the info Riceman....no markings on the wheels.
    I'm so glad to be able to post on this thread!
    [​IMG]
    Some shots of the back 1/2 with more detail of the frame
    [​IMG]

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    I drug it out in the FOG today for some better pics...............
    [​IMG]
    I measured the caster and it's around 15 degrees, I removed the radius rods and with the axle straight up its aroud 40
    [​IMG]
    More shots that might show my concerns with the chassis
    [​IMG]

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

9. riceman

riceman

The front frame tube are bent from a wheelie. Note no support uprights where the radius rods mount on the frame and from the top to bottom tubes. The front axle should lean back at 20-25 degrees of caster. 1/8 inch toe in. The front end set up is all wrong. If that were mine, I would front half the chassis from the firewall, make the wheel base like you want it and use the torsion bar front tube and front end components. Splice the tubing 5'' in front of the fire wall, straight out parallel to the engine block, top and bottom tubes, then taper in from the front of the motor to a attached width, from the centerline of the tubes measure 6-8 '' apart when welded to the torsion bar tube. Weld in 1/2'' uprights at the chassis radius rod mounts and a 1/2'' cross tube between the lower tubes. Chassis clearence at a 4'' minimum at the front. Not a west coast built chassis. The Ford 9'' rearend is a later add on. Most likely a 50-54 Olds or 8 3/4 mopar could have been in there. Wheelbase ?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks Riceman, good stuff!

11. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Seriously, probably the best thread I've read. I was at the harrisburg motorama this weekend and took some pics of two front engines with my phone (because my camera decided to fail on my saturday morning), so I'll have to get them off the phone and on to the computer to post them. one was a chassis research car from 1960 that was never raced with a blown gas olds-inline hillborn, flake gold color (beeeaaauuuttiifuuull car) the guy bought from the NHRA museum, and the other was another 1960 piece (I don't remember the make) with a blown fuel hemi, the chassis research was 96" and the Hemi was 100". The most amazing pieces of speed I've ever seen. I'll get em up...

12. Here are my contributions

Kent Fuller - Ivo Single Buick Chassis - Bare
    Kent Fuller - Ivo Single Buick Chassis - Dressed
    Kent Fuller - Ivo Showboat
    Kent Fuller - Pointy Front-End
    Kent Fuller - 3 Wheeler

Lee...

Attached Files:

13. A good friend of mine runs a late 60's Woody Gilmore slingshot up here in Canada with a blown 392 with a old 4 port injector on gas, what a beautiful thing to hear and see. Gilmore cars are a piece of speed art and deserve to be run hard not displayed from some shops ceiling! Rob.

14. I love the Showboat! Breaks my heart knowing it's under a station wagon body now. Yeah, I know they recreated it but...

The pointy front end looks a lot like the Magicar front end with a different tie rod setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. harleyracer

harleyracer

look like akront rims and hallcraft hub maybe borriani hubs

16. harleyracer

harleyracer

I remember seeing that coupe running years ago at eastside!!dragway

17. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

reverser (I think I spelled that right) so i can back up after the burn out with out any help.

18. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Well here is the start of mine !

Attached Files:

19. as of today.
    Don

Attached Files:

• susp.jpg
      susp.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
  20. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Horan/Rooman car. True work of art by Rooman.

Attached Files:

21. Stan Lee

Stan Lee

really great thread...i just started lining up parts for my build probably be a long time before i can start it but threads like this one is just adding fuel to the fire

22. Rand Man

Rand Man

Got mine certified to 7.50. Should be on the track in a week or two. Can't wait.

23. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

24. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Word around the campfire is Roo is gonna start riding a piperack as well as build 'em.
    How cool is that?
    How 'bout it Keith,is it so?

25. rooman

rooman

Yup!. I am finishing a car up for a customer this week and once it is done I will work out when to go back to the west coast and start making my license runs in the new Horan/Burgan NT/F. If everything goes OK and I really can still drive (last pass in a front motor digger was nearly 40 years ago) we are thinking of running at Boise in April.

Roo

26. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Bitchin',good for you!
    Be sure and update us on your progress.

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Check out Kieth Tardel's (Keith on the HAMB) Digger! Keith plans on having a space at Eagle Field's Fresno Dragways Reunion in "Vendors Row" with one of his Dragsters on display. He is SELLING these cars and they would be PERFECT for our Eagle Field C/GD Class. Rocky
    [​IMG]

28. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Heres my effort, built from plans in my head and parts that I had, probly wont go quick but should be fun [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. I like the Jag engine. :D There are others on here using them.;)

30. Just thought I'd add mine here, it worked real well this last weekend. Tracked strait and true, I think I could drive it no hands if I wanted to. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]