Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car show vendors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lindsor, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Lindsor

Lindsor

I need vendors for a car/rockabilly show this Memorial Day.

I've never done this before so I'm goin' for broke and posting this everywhere I can think to. If you are interested or know of anyone who may be, please check out the link below.

Or hell, even if you aren't a vendor, check out the link.

http://alabamarumble.com/

Also welcoming advice on where to look for this sort of thing.

2. Rusty65

Rusty65
    from Florida

Looks like a good time.

3. Lindsor

Lindsor

Well you're no help!;)

4. Lindsor

Lindsor

5. Lindsor

Lindsor

Anybody? Anybody?

6. chevyshack

chevyshack

Im no vendor. What kind are you looking for? Theres plenty of people sitting around store parking lots selling bar-b-q. Ask them if they want in for a small fee. Post something on craigslist or the newspaper. Got any swap meets coming up before your show? If so ask people there if they are intersted in showing up.

7. Lindsor

Lindsor

I don't need food vendors.

I guess I should specify. I need people looking to sale their wares. Parts, services, clothing, anything that caters to cars, bikes, and/or the music and culture surrounding them.

Thanks for the effort though.

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Asking for help, then bad mouthing someone who responds is not a GOOD way to get help, I would think..............

9. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I'd sell my wares if I were wearin' any ! ! Good Luck with the show.

10. Lindsor

Lindsor

I can only assume that you misinterpreted something I said, because I just read and reread everything I posted and I'm still a little puzzled as to what exactly it is that you're refering to.

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

This is what he is talking about kind of comes off as smart ass.

12. Lindsor

Lindsor

Thanks! This is the only real obsatacle that I've encountered through this whole process. I just don't really know how to go about it. I'll keep at it though.

13. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Hit up any local rod shops. Rocco and Cheaters is in Ala. isn;t it? Hit up the rockabilly vendors, t shirt people, Biker shops, pinstripers, custom shops, Sticker people. Find some hot rodders in town and ask them who they know of around the area.​

14. Lindsor

Lindsor

Sorry. I guess it was a little bold of me to assume that the cheesy emoticon I used would emphasize the the lighthearted manner with which that statement was used.

But I digress. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Genuinely.

15. Lindsor

Lindsor

Rocco and Cheaters, gotcha. I've been talking to everyone I encounter, and then some. I want a pinstriper, but I think I'm going to need to dig a little. There isn't a high demand for this sort of thing in Mobile proper. Fortunately I have other resources. This is great advice though. Thank you.

I guess I'm just a little apprehensive about asking folks to drive too far for a brand new event. But we shall see.

16. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Check pinheadlounge.com. you should be able to find someone over there. Big Al is a striper down thataways, don't have his #, but if you find him tell him Russ from the Chrlotte getaway says hi.

17. Lindsor

Lindsor

Thank you!

18. seetz

seetz

sounds like fun! we'll be fishing at the coast right around that time. I'm gonna ask my wife if I can take a day off from the vacation to sell some parts.
    you might want to tell us how big the spaces are, if I can park my truck in my booth, if I can bring a second person in to help me, stuff like that

19. wfopossum

wfopossum

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Most shows call it a Swap Meet. If it's not in the title, most 'vendors' don't read any further, they just go search for shows that have swap meets to put on their schedule.

21. chevyshack

chevyshack

Paradise? I dont think Alabama and paradise mix.

22. wfopossum

wfopossum

Actually the name of the show is alabamarumble,we changed the name but the guy who did the flyer didn't know about the name change.

23. If you guys are really serious about hustling up some vendors, you're gonna have to do more than post on websites :eek:

My .02----a couple of you guys need to hand out flyers at some events(swap meets), like Brad's deal over in Atlanta every month, and it wouldn't hurt to hit the Louisville swap next month. Ya shoulda been doing this at Nashville last weekend. Y'all got a hard row to hoe...first time event,one day show, south Al, no experience, $35 spots.......not knockin' you guys at all ;)..... but you're gonna have to talk it up with a LOT of vendors :eek: Expect about 5-10% return on your time....if you're lucky.

Wish you guys the best! :cool:

24. wfopossum

wfopossum

Yeah,I know we've a lot of work ahead of us,we're gonna start hitting the cruise ins,car shows etc. and get the word out and hopefully get some vendors on board,thanks for the advice.

25. Lindsor

Lindsor

Thanks for all of the new "advice". I think we'll get on that name change. It'll be a big priority.

And I'm not sure how driving 400+ miles to a swap meet to hand out flyers is going to get me anywhere. But, I'll get on that too.

I also love the implication that because this our first go around that we were born yesterday and basic common sense has eluded us.

I really do appreciate any genuine advice we've received. It's always a huge help when your doing something new. But I don't see what anyone expects to gain from mocking our ideas or berating us. We've been busting our asses and we've accomplished a lot. We still need vendors and a few other things, but I see this being a success.

But seriously, thanks to the folks who offered info.

26. brad chevy

brad chevy

You said you couldn"t see driving 400 miles to a (SWAPMEET),but you are on here asking us to do the same thing.,and Seetz asked you about setting up and the spaces and you didn"t even give him an answer,you need to support the people you want to support you and your (SHOW) I wouldn"t drive from Florida with a load of car parts just to find out the show is nothing more than a motorcycle show.I am not going to tell you good luck cause you need more than luck !!!!

27. Lindsor

Lindsor

Seetz and I talked via pm and e-mail. I'm not asking anyone to do drive that distance for nothing. If you're interested in vendor space (this is not a swap meet) then ask questions and I'll happily provide you with answers.

28. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Unless there are a lot of hot rods in your area, you need to travel more, get the word out. Some people drive hundreds of miles for a good show, so you have to drive out to let them know about it. Second weekend of april is Charlotte auto fair at the speedway, there will be vendors and swap meeters from all over the southeast, you might try that.

29. Lindsor

Lindsor

Thanks. We've been traveling along the gulf coast, but we can only drive so far every weekend. I think by the time our event gets here I'll be tired of car shows. But, duly noted. Thanks again.

30. Rain_man

Rain_man

lindsor i think you have a bad attitude.
    your new to this site and only have 29 post and half of them are not the nicest post i have ever read.
    you say that your show is "not a swap meet" will i think a show without a swap meet sucks. when i go to shows i not only want to look at other nice cars/trucks but i want to buy stuff for my ride.