Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ugotpk

ugotpk

MINE is a 56 See Below

2. LADYPK

LADYPK
    from Washington

Hers is a 56

3. chopalot

chopalot

My Super hot wife buys me cars and car parts !!!

4. foghorn62

foghorn62

Susie loves the General! Loves to go cruising in it, and we always take it when we go to Home Depot, or out for a burger. She'll go along to the shows, but not if we're going to participate. She likes the cars, but can't stand hanging around while I shoot the breeze.

She has a physical handicap that doesn't allow her to operate a clutch, so I'm putting an AOD in the General so she can drive it.

5. My wife helps out. She actually put my driverside door on today and her lined up better then mine...LOL

6. FANTM58

FANTM58

You bet,, She dig`s this stuff !!
    My wife bought me my 58 Coronet ( my avatar )
    went to Viva twice and is always on me to finfish my shit so she can cruise !!!!
    into the rock-a-billy scene,,,what a catch.

7. RDO_23

RDO_23

Any of these gear head girls have a single female gear head friends? I needs me a chick that digs the scene... can someone hook a brother up?

8. 51fleetline

51fleetline

my wife doesnt like that there is half naked chicks at the shows....but other than that...nope...she dont like it...haha

9. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

I think I will answer that question for my husband! Wlhen we started dating 31 years ago, I knew nothing about cars, and one of our first dates was to a car show. I saw a T-shirt that said, "Big blocks are fine, but I'd rather be blown!" I thought that was a very racy statement and said so! He just laughed and explained what it meant. He had no idea he would spend the next 30 years doing the same thing! And, 15 years later we did have a blown, big block 1970 Corvette that the whole family helped build and show at local car shows. I LOVE my husband's hobby! We have spent countless hours in that little shop behind our house building cars, changing motors and transmissions, and just tinkering, raising 2 children, and solving problems. We have had just about every car imaginable, but we keep the 58 Corvette that we drag race, and his 53 Chevrolet pickup truck that's been here longer than I have! These days we go to races like the HAMB drags and LOVE it!

10. jason65

jason65

No. And with that I won't say anything that will come back to haunt me later.

Whispering. "She's standing right behind me isn't she?"

11. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

umm yeah... sometimes I think Dana is in it more than I am....:D I know she got into the scene because she realizes she wouldnt see me much otherwise

Here is HER car-a 60 olds super 88 I am building into a mild custom
    [​IMG]

12. dragass

dragass

My wife doesn't quite get it...YET.

13. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

My whole family digs it. My youngest was only 3 months old this past nov. she chilled in the car seat with the the stroller on the roof rack . cruise n all around Tucson AZ for the chirco vw show. Now if I could just get one of them to hold the flashlight strait.

14. rockguy92

rockguy92

Dosen't like it, doesn't understand it, doesn't like the money I spend on it, doesn't want to get near it. The only thing left D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
    The Rock

15. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Neither ex liked it- first date with gf she took me to a demo derby- she has more cars than I do only flaw is she only likes Fords/Mercs/Lincolns-
    hates my Chevy PU and 39 buick is tolerated- claims her fathers 1960
    Lincoln Mark whichever convertable as her own- says her sister can have
    the 46 Continental convertable. Wonder where she gets the FML fetish from? Been with this one longer than my last wife- better cook also....

16. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

When I met my wife she was DEATHLY AFRAID of cars/driving. I built her a 68 caddy that she didnt like. :/ Got her a 64 comet, and she loves it. Drives the crap out of that car. She LOVES old cars now. We only fight over money (as in you got to spend this on your car, so I get to spend that much on mine!) Got her driving skills up and her courage up, then I took her to a derby. She's now REALLY well known among the local derby circuit. (her number is 42) She races irwindale, orange county, San Diego, and all over. Next weekend she'll do another DemoCross at the monster jam in Anaheim stadium. I have to admit, now I'm the one whose kinda jealous. :D But I'm REALLY lucky with her, and I still help her out alot. Im so glad shes into cars. She wants a 59 chevy next (to keep, not to derby) :D -GothY-

Attached Files:

17. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I have been with my wife 38 yrs when we first started going out she would
    enter come to my shop and hang out got her to start cleaning parts for my race car
    then she would sand all the sharp corners on the pistons she drag raced in the 70's
    and 80's then we had kids in the mid 70's we started going to outdoor car shows like
    Timmonium -York etc swap meets and less racing now we just do the car show thing
    but she still gets the usge to race my son has a 8 sec turbo mustang she's trying to
    get him to let her make a pass part of the reason we've been together so long the other part is she is patient she currently drives a flamed Corvette

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  18. sinks88

sinks88

She sure dont mind, but she doesnt have a mind to build, but she sure wants a Belair!
    [​IMG]

19. Morris

Morris
    from UK

My wife does. She drives this as a daily.

Attached Files:

20. bigsam63

bigsam63

Mine loves it,When i meet her i was racing and had went out a few times to the track she loved that to.I thought she was a keeper so i had to tell her that the race car was #1 and you # 2 and she was ok with that,So we got married and she is a keeper.She helped me build the 31 M A. Just lucky i guess.

21. chris55

chris55

In a word yes, in two words HELL YES! I met her at the drags. If you want her to be into it, get her one of her own. Now the only problem, all I hear now is, "I want to do this to it, or we need to change that." Oh well, I'll get to my own project some day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  22. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

My wife is for sure into the scene. Bikes, cars, or trucks she is down for it. I say car show and she gets fired up to go. Swap meet this weekend and she wanted to tag along. I'M A LUCKY FUCK!! She even lets me spend money on my harley and my trucks.:D

23. chopalot

chopalot

I tought my wife to weld so she could weld her window frame of my oops our 56 ford wagon !

24. sincitysled52

sincitysled52

Unfortunatly my wife wouldn't pee on my car if it was on fire.......with me in it. I took her with to Viva here in Vegas last year. She liked the t-shirt vendors but couldn't care less about the rods, It's cool though, my 3 year old loves it. I color coded all my wrenches and sockets so I can get some help in the garage. ;)

25. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

My wife of 11 years didnt really care either way when we first met,now she wont stop bugging me to get the shop truck done so SHE can drive it.

26. edweird

edweird

me and you need to have some beers together. we seem to have alot to talk about!

27. Bagged n Chopped 40

Bagged n Chopped 40
    from Derby, CT

My fiancee doesn't understand what it take to restore or build a hot rod.:confused: She just thinks its a car unless its a corvette cause thats what she wants. I told her I will build her one in the future but its not going to be stock at all ;). But Ill make sure she gets her hands in on it so she will understand...Somewhat!

28. gearhead78

gearhead78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Dallas TX

My xwife slowly forced me out of cars. Always an excuse we need to sell this to buy that for the house. One day I woke up miserable and looked around had nothing but a few tools left. Divorced her and started messing with cars again. Met my second wife and she doesn't get in the garage but goes to shows and races ect with me and loves it. My 4yo daughter really loves the shop and the shows and get togethers.

29. 46 rat

46 rat
    from clever mo

My first wife, it was all about her. My new wife loves it.

30. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

One day at work a 47 Ford driven by a girl drove by the shop.I asked who she was and the boss said "thats my sister"... 23 years and going strong.She knows what is cool but leaves the traveling to shows for me and the boy.Only trouble is when the credit card bill comes.She has her own past times to do .Give and take.We feed off each other for ideas.It definantly helps if there is no friction.
    Dont make the mistake my brother did and sell his car to buy a ring.WRONG!!!!