Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Shamedevil

Shamedevil

Heard some guys talkin about it at a Carlisle car show a while back........

2. 65Ranchero

65Ranchero

google search looking for info on old fords led me to the jalopy journal which led me to the HAMB. Easy Peazy...

3. Can't really remember.Long time reader but just got on board today.

4. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

Well long before i got a computer Flat Oz told me about the HAMB. When i finally was given a computer the first site i looked at was the HAMB. I Have meet some very nice people here and learned a lot. Hope i have helped some and also have nearly completed some of my magazine collections. I wont be leaving any time soon. So you can blame Flat Oz for me and in turn me for Hemi 35 and US Merc Ute, both great additions to this site. Thank you every one.

5. indygasser

indygasser

the local NAPA store, bench racers talking about the H.A.M.B.

6. Avette4me

Avette4me
    from Tuttle, OK

The HAMB talked about on a lot of old rod forums, I'm not sure which got me linked. Seems to be a lot of good and knowledgable people here for the most part.

I don't think my '58 is really a HAMB qualifier, but I do pick a vew things up here and hope to help a little once in a while.

:rolleyes:

7. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

purley by accident looking around just wasting time online and clicked a link for a 49 ford and it was a thread on here.

8. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

"Primered Forever" told me about it.....and told me about it........and told me about it :) ! So I lurked at the site for a while and kinda' liked what I saw. Then I attended the H.A.M.B. Drags last August, and I REALLY liked what I saw !!!
    I like the traditional hot rods (see my avatar) and 50's / 60's cars and trucks. I read SEVERAL threads each night - they have inspired me to re-start my '64 Chevy truck project. I also learn tons from the projects and subjects discussed here. Plus, I LOVE the threads that show: AWB cars, trophy girls of the past, famous hot rods, the GNRS pics, and Stingray bikes that we owned; everything from the 60's that I grew up with.
    Thanks, H.A.M.B. boards !!!!!

deucetruck

9. Tank

Tank

The legendary HAMMER HANK introduced me.

10. blt2go

blt2go

i was looking for information and photos of vintage sprint cars. i am rebuilding one and needed information, i started reading and reading and... anyway a few weeks later i joined and haven't looked back. great place and great people.

11. Phil Burgess mentioned the site in the National Dragster column on the NHRA site...guess I'm addicted now...when not in the shop in the evenings I'm losing hours following threads! Thanks Phil

12. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

I was emailed a link to the vintage sprint car thread after I had just brought a Nance sprinter home. Heck I got seven projects counting the Nance and they all HAMB friendly er sorta........But I just lurk and learn......best damn way ever to make it thru winter.........I like it here

13. D.O.G.

D.O.G.

I found the site googling step vans. The step van thread was cool, and I will need to pick some brains while I fix up my truck. This seemed like the place.[​IMG]

14. oldsman71

oldsman71

IVE been gone for a while, my buddy and me were building older chevys
    a 51 panel, a 53 chevy with v-8, 55 buick, 50 chevy.... ect ect
    and things went to heck for him, he has no money to do anything!
    I cant afford to work on my stuff (we work at the same place) +
    all I have left are post 65 cars. Ill try to check in more often,
    long live HAMB, see you all at the HAMB drags!!!

15. No Cents

No Cents

I found the H.A.M.B. mentioned on the Chevy Talk forum and came over and checked it out. I was a lurker for a very long time them I signed up and have been hooked ever since. I am definitely here to stay.

16. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Looking for hamburger recipes on google.

Hit "enter" after hamb

Been full ever since!

17. littlered

littlered
    from Kansas

I picked up an issue of ol skool rodz and started going to their forum. I kept getting put off by the attitude over there and they all kept mentioning the "other site". I checked it out and thus joined the hamb.

18. I kept hearing about this site being bashed on ratrod sites about this site bashing ratrod sites:eek:

I couldn't help but chase the drama!:D

can't we all just get along.......................:rolleyes:

19. Derwood

Derwood

At the 2009 Leadsled Spectacular in Salina. Then rode our scooters to the HAMB drags @ Mokan. Hooked then for sure. I've had lots of good advice on my 52 Chevy, found some parts and made a couple friends. Cool forum.

20. sincitysled52

sincitysled52

It was late one Sat night and I had a few too many beers and there she was......the H.A.M.B.......no...wait....that was the ball and chain. I couldnt figure out what was wrong with the tranny on the 52 coronet and thanks to you guys, I figured out I was driving it wrong lol. I love this place

21. doc84

doc84
    from oregon

found it thru a buddy of mine he told me a car i was trying to buy got sold some one and they posted pics of it on here i joined to see the car now i have a 52 buick needing love and am here to stay

22. indyjps

indyjps

garage junkies

23. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

I found this place years ago when it was a totally different format, I'm thinking maybe 7 years ago or so, im not sure. Lurked a little bit and read some stuff, I had a mustang at the time and didn't really know much about this stuff. Went die hard hot rod again around 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Got a job at a hot rod shop and heard them mention the HAMB, checked it out, joined and hit the alliance membership almost immediatly. Really liked what I saw. (and I did read the "read this first part", lol). I've been spreading the word to a bunch of young guys my age trying to get them to check this place out. Trying to "spread the word" if you know what I mean.

24. Donnda

Donnda

Found it by "Googleing" something about a year ago. Kinda lurked until December then joined. The board has given me many hours of interesting subjects. And even at my OLD age I learn something new each day. Thanks for the board.
    Donn

25. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

I was lurking on a rat rod site when there where some people bitching about the HAMB, I kept reading about how this site is traditional hot rods and don't accept much else. Needless to say that's all I needed to come find the light, and I don't think I'm leaving any time soon!

26. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Saw a bunch of cars at bonneville this year with tags on them and asked about it, now it seems its the only reason I have a computor, I try to be a sponge and absorb, havn't quite figured out how not to post stupid shit but am workin on it.

27. historynw

historynw

Me through lurking & the http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ which I used to read.
    I have a street rod which is more like a restro-rod but I'm trying. I am amazed how people here can craft old stuff and sometimes just turn junk into a something. That just goes beyond recycling. I thought I was doing good with 20th century junk but some people here well they're more than creative or resourcefull. I'm looking for the right vehicle to make a HAMB friendly one for my stable.

You guys rule here plain & simple.

28. Sirweesarunch

Sirweesarunch

I was on welding web and saw the guy who converted his Harbor freight bead roller to the "antique version " ..you've seen it , the green one with the model A steering wheel ..

29. 51 Mercules stopped by & mentioned there was a thread asking about the air cylinders my Dad & Uncle were running on his Chop Top 64 Rivi, in '67. So I checked out the "lowrider" thread, and posted the pics they were asking about.. an I been here ever since. I find it motivating to post build pics on my 59 elky, too. Not into catagories, either. I like "Hot Rods".. an we all know vague those lines are now.

30. juicybruce

juicybruce

i'm in austin, i build what i ride (bikes), always and i really mean always had a vintage or antique auto to depend on for backup case i wreck a bike or have to get bike parts so i know alot of you austin guys already cuz i'm always asking stupid questions about car stuff since i'm a bike dude and some of y'all dont answer my calls anymore but i can find you here now...yup, i got alot of stupid questions too. anyway, so yeah, i've been aware of the hamb for ever it seems like, just felt sorta more jockyjounaly but i aspire to hambnisity so i'm here to work on my hambittude.