Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello, girly from Norfolk England just joined

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Lil Red Coupe, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Lil Red Coupe

Lil Red Coupe
    from England

Hi there and hello from Norfolk England. After much badgering from Paul (wensumvalleyrods) the old man, I've joined the HAMB. He said that I should get on here and talk to the ladies of the HAMB and everyone else, so here I am.
    As I'm supposed to say a bit about myself I should start by saying that yes, I'm into cars but life before that was all about classic Brit Bikes of which I still have three, two Triumphs and a BSA. When I met Paul about 20 years ago he had some old heaps he used to drive around which I didnt like much but took an old Vauxhall PA cresta off him to hack around in - very reluctantly finding myself liking the old crate. He had the Dodge custom royal then too which I couldnt keep with on a 500 Truimph so told him I didnt like that much either ( to his face anyway, loved it really, I'd never let him sell it without giving me first refusal) Our love of American cars over the years has led us to collect several specimens but one car I always wanted was the Ford V8 Pilot and so managed to aquire one about 10 years ago and drove every where until Paul dropped a roofing sheet on it two years ago and dinged it one. Lucky it wasnt him fell on it, could have dented it more - oh sorry he could have been very hurt......:)

In 2008 7 of us using 5 cars set off for East Germany (Pauls 40th Birthday treat) a 2000 mile round trip over 2 weeks, I took my 1956 Chevy which performed great, never letting me down - a car Paul saved from the crusher about 5 years ago.
    Last September Paul sold his T and bought me a 1937 Dodge coupe and had it shipped from New York and its sitting on our drive waiting for the better weather, they use salt over here on the roads for grip, dont know what you guys use but its lethal to our cars over here so I've just got to be patient. Keep looking at it though makes me sick, hey ho be patient Bev.
    Thats me, great to be here. Beverly xx

2. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from Haarlem, the Netherlands! Sounds like you got yourself some nice rides! Especially the 37 Dodge. (Yes, I love Mopars!)

3. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

Hello Beverly, I,m from Michigan and they use salt here too. It channeled alot of cars here. They start roting from the bottom up... Nice to have you. You'll love it here. There's some wonderful people. WAlt:rolleyes::p:cool::D;):)

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard from the East coast of the U S of A........

5. Philbilly

Philbilly

Welcome from the USA. I like them british bikes too.

6. Lil Red Coupe

Lil Red Coupe
    from England

Well that was quick, I've only ever been on one forum before and they take ages to reply. I only put this post on here about ten mins ago.:)
    I guess I should post some pictures on here of the cars I've got hey? Its just knowing how to do it...... I'll give it a go.

Attached Files:

7. Hey Bev! Hi!

Keep on driving cool stuff that I can take pictures of please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Lil Red Coupe

Lil Red Coupe
    from England

Yay, got the buggers on here, its 11.30 in sleepy Norfolk so must go, work tomorrow. Cant wait to get back on here next evening now that I'm all welcomed and all....
    kind regards
    Beverly

9. Lil Red Coupe

Lil Red Coupe
    from England

Hellooooo fancy meeting you here.... you do take some fantastic pictures, I'm glad I know you.
    Bev xx

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hello from So. California

11. Another hello from Holland / The Netherlands

12. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome From Sidney, Illinois!

13. Marcia

Marcia

Welcome from snowy Maine, USA. We have lots of salt on the roads here. Besides what we race on out west.
    There is a club here you might want to check out, Ladies of the Hamb.

14. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

welcome from socal

15. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from south Georgia......:D

16. Hi Bev. Welcome from another Brit! As well as the Ladies social group, there's also Limeys of the HAMB, good to have you on board.
    Good luck with the Dodge, I know the salt's a total killer!

17. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

Welcome from Colorado!!!

18. Welcome from a former Brit!

19. mtflat

mtflat

Montana USA welcomes you too. No salt on the roads here, but the sand they use is coarse enough that there aren't many windshields/windscreens that aren't broken or chipped by the time summer arrives.

Nice lineup of cars past and present!

20. Welcome from the far north!! Don't listen to that "Rottenpop" geezer, he'll lead you astray!!
    Lovely cars !! Charlie!!

21. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome aboard from Ohio, USA.
    The Rock

22. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi Bev and welcome from Scotland.
    Thought it was tractors you Norfolk folks were into.LOL:D
    Saw pics of your Dodge on another forum,it's a cracker.
    Mark

23. Lil Red Coupe

Lil Red Coupe
    from England

Hi Mark, yes we do drive tractors here, Pauls Dad has got a lovely old 1951 Ferguson which he drives home some days for oiling and repair, along with bringing his horses to the house, he stands outside the house with a horse in the road washing it with a hose pipe in the summer, its a sight to see. Our fine city of Norwich is one of the biggest shopping areas in England, the 5th largest I think? so seeing these old cars and tractors about the place is shocking to some. In the summer when I trip off out to Asda in the Chev or Pilot, its hard to be able to leave the car and actually get into the shop for people stopping me and asking all the stock questions......'is that your hubbys car?, did your husband do a lot of work to it for you?' that sort of annoying thing. If I'm not too irritated by this time, sometimes I drop in the fact that I teach moto mechanics where I work and usually they shut up then. LOL

24. rubens

rubens

Welcome, from the Netherlands..

Nice cars, nice pics.............nice mopar:D

25. rustyhood

rustyhood

Welcome from Louisville Kentucky. Nice rides!

26. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Welcome from Texas! I enjoyed both the pictures and the story. Thanks!

27. Welcome, originaly from Ipswitch here!

28. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Wot 'e said hiding in Detroit:D

29. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Welcome from the Bluegrass state of Kentucky.......XX

30. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

There's a guy near me who's in the farming and haulage business'.He restores and shows Fergusons.He does really nice work.He's got about a dozen in his yard in various states of disrepair.
    A woman who has great taste in cars AND can fix them,what a catch!LOL:D
    Cheers,
    Mark