Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2010 Grand National Roadster Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. McFly

McFly

Bitchin show... Hilborn was my favorite. Just amazing.

3. Great lil read Ryan. The JJ Roadster pick is reet!

-Shiny

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

It was good to see you buddy..

Logan is a real good fella well deserved!!

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Thank you and all the other hambers for the coverage. Wasn't able to make it down this year. But, the great pics and other fun here on the hamb helped ease the suffering a little.

6. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

That show is intense............I'm gunna need a vacation just to recover from the sensory overload.

7. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

RYAN...yea i'am setting here at 2.55 a.m. looking at BRANDY'S beautiful pic's. and you were right about the show, man it was BREATHTAKING! i havn't seen a car show like that in a long time. can't wait to see who won the roadster award...POP.

8. oaktree

oaktree

Pretty damn cool!

9. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Very cool, thanks for the great coverage for those that couldn't be there.

10. I was hoping to meet you Ryan, I was wandering around in a daze in one of the buildings when I realized I was 30 minutes late for the meet & greet.

11. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Lovin' Livin' Vicariously! ... as usual... :)

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The race car building was packed full of history and done so with a huge variety of vehicles. From the over-the-top detail of the Poteet streamliner, the altered wheelbase cars, gassers, diggers, the unreal Orosco Scarab transporter, etc., etc. It really could have been a show unto itself.
    Axle, I saw you and wanted to say "Thanks", but, as usual, you looked very busy. Man, you must do it again next year!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, sure the AMBR "winner" this year is not to our liking, but rarely are they. Thats cool, it's a big hobby and room for everyone. This was the best GNRS that I remember seeing. The weather, the people, old friends, new friends, everything was terrific, just a great time....

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

This was really the year I wanted to be there. The longer I inhabit this planet the more I'm drawn to Race cars. There's a purity of purpose there. To see an arena full of the best would have been my trip to Mecca. Thanks for the pictures everyone!

14. the-rodster

the-rodster

Got any more pics of the 34 coupe with the 36 hood/grill?

What's up with the motor?

Rich

15. Alright Logan! I've known him for about 5-6 years, and he's always super nice, a great builder with a great "eye", and very modest. Good for him winning a cool award like that

16. Weasel

Weasel

The show was total sensory overload in every way and the best yet.

17. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Nice article Ryan....

18. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I'm glad I took a break from work and hopped on a plane to go. It's simply the best indoor show in the world.

And I have to say that getting up close and personal with the Dick Flint Roadster was worth the price of admission alone.

Good to see you Ryan...glad we got a chance to talk, even if it was brief.

19. RUDOG

RUDOG

Thanks for keeping your Reelers camp out out of my area Logan. Ha Ha ha..
    Congrats Logan! well deserved!

I didn't get to meet you again Ryan. Next time! Thanks for doing this trophy, because this one that only matters to me personally...

20. HeyitsAaron

HeyitsAaron
    from Long Beach

Great read, I wish I checked earlier I missed it!

21. hankcash

hankcash

Ryan, I saw everyone at the show on Saturday except you and Blake... were you hiding? What an awesome show!

hc

22. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

It was awesome, probably better then the previous couple of years, in my opinion.
    Good to see you again Ryan, (nice beard :)) see you in April.

23. LQD

LQD

I posted this under the poll thread but I wanted to make sure everyone knew how thankful I am...

First off, I want to say thanks to all the people on the HAMB who voted. Pertaining to the build on the car, thanks to my paint/body guy, Jerry Armstrong and to the person who has been my Hot Rod mentor for the past 6 years, Allen Decker.

This is the first time I've ever posted a message but I felt that a proper thank you was necessary to show my appreciation for winning this poll. The fact that I was in the running with the rest of these cars is amazing and I feel honored to have been chosen.

I read some posts about me not getting recognition in the past so I'm taking this as a sign that maybe things will start to turn around for me. For those of you who don't know me, I've been working on cars for over 15 years and about six years ago I tried getting a business going under Milestone Hot Rods. Unfortunately it didn't take off so I pursued other career opportunites. A year and a half ago I enlisted into the Navy Reserve and as soon as I got home I realized that working on cars will always be my passion and I can't give up on my dreams. Winning this award encourages me to believe that I need to stick to building cars.

So maybe with enough name "recognition" I can ressurect the Milestone Hot Rod dream. Every car I build is a personal milestone and whether I get recognition or not, I'm still going to keep doing what I love.

I'll always have projects of my own, but I still currently work on other people's cars too. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share pictures of past and current projects.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has fueled my hot rod disease.
    Logan Davis
    <!-- / message -->

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

It's really kinda hard to describe my GNRS experience. Sure, it was a killer car show in a beautiful area that provided a great opportunity to meet or reconnect with some of the coolest people in the world... but it was also 'different' for me. I wasn't sure just how or why until this morning, when I was looking thru all the pics.

That's when it struck me - this is the first show at which I actually used two full days to absorb everything that there was to see.

As usual, Day 1 was spent giving each building the cursory scan... I struggled to take it all in, but, in all honesty, I guess the sensory overload had me beat by late afternoon. While I had physically covered all the real estate and made eye contact with each car or motorcycle there, it wasn't until I was back in the hotel that evening... going over the day's sights in my head and discussing the good and bad with other folks... that I realized that I really wanted another day at it.

So, I was primed for Day 2, which was basically spent re-looking at the same things but with fresh eyes and a fresh mindset. I sought out anything I might have missed the day before, and took another, even closer look at the things that were already fond-but-recent memories. As a result, I gained a deeper appreciation for whole shebang... the cars, the event, the venue, NHRA Museum... everything. What a blast!

RYAN - thanks for dragging my ass along... it was a big deal.

25. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Ken Reisters 34 coupe with handmade scaled down 36 nose, built by the talanted Aussie Steve and Dennis Graff, Myself and Wayne of AAD are honored to have been picked to do the body and paint, and seeing it finished was awesome. The motor is a ford motorsports stroker small block with custom covers made by Steve and Dennis... It had guys scratching there head all weekend.....

Attached Files:

26. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

I want to express my thanks to all the hambers who have documented and commented on this legendary event! Circumstances prohibited my attendance but the interest and dedication to this site have made this weekend a personal experience nonetheless. I enjoyed the incredible variety of vehicles presented between the bangshift post and all the hambers' perspectives. The total volume of photos was greater than I could have captured had I attended and in many cases more provocative and representative of the creativity that automotive artists are capable of! Thanks and keep up the good work....jim W.:p

27. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I was only able to attend the GNRS on Saturday from 10 am till about 2:30- Just not enough time to give all the killer cars their proper time- You almost get jaded by the high quality of each and every car!

To the HAMBrs I did see: Nice seeing you guys (and girls) again!

To the HAMBrs I didn't happen to run into, see you next year if not sooner!

jay

28. Ryan,

Thanks for taking the time to do this again, it is great to be able to see all of the great cars from my desk 3000 miles away. It makes me feel like I have been there.

I just wanted to say that while I didn't mange to vote, Logan's car is one of the nicest 28s I have seen in a long time. I am a sucker for that color, but the detail on it is beautiful. Logan, you should be extremely proud.

Second, please take some more time to show more images of the Hillborne recreation and the Miller car. I saw the Miller car at Custom Auto a couple of years ago, and was equally blown away, if I didn't have such a shitty little camera, I would have uploaded my pics then.

Thanks again.

29. plan9

plan9

#1.......congrats on the win Logan!! :D