Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for something to do in Phoenix (new to town)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MightyHerc, Dec 3, 2004.

1. MightyHerc

MightyHerc

I'm new to Phoenix and don't know anybody yet. Don't know the hangouts or cruise spots. Lookin forward to hangin out and havin some beers and workin on the rides. Also lookin for people who want to go to the Lone Star Round Up in Austin Tx. in April. Went last year and am lookin forward to this year. Fun weekend. The Kontinentals throw a dam fine party. Send me a message or call me at [email protected] or 602-561-9768 SEAN

Attached Files:

2. jerry

jerry

tonight at 35th ave and nortern is the usual friday nite spot for a few of the other phx denizens. its's at the little mexican frood drive in. go=es from about 4 til 8 0r 9.

jerry

3. lownslow

lownslow

in north scottsdale on saturday nights is the pavillions cruise night ....its huge...i used to go all the time when i still lived in az ....pretty good time ....

4. MilesM

MilesM

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/home.html

Going to Pomona this week end if all works out. Forecast is for rain on Sun though.

Other AZ folks have talked about driving out to the Round Up. I am trying to work it in also.

5. Making plans for Roundup also. Talked to some of the car club types around here about doing the same. May just be able to put a caravan together, maybe not.

6. palepainter

palepainter

Welcome to Phx Sean,
    Pavillions on a Sat can bring out some cool rides and bikes. I usually take my scoot up on Sat for an hour or so before heading out for a ride. Been getting cold lately so I usually zin in round -4-5ish, There has been a great turn out the last couple weekends.

Later
    Mike

7. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

SEAN , nice ta meet cha .. next time when ya leave look both ways , as you did that bitchin burnum and leaveUM a cop pulled in .He just slowley made his way to the drive thru after watching you leave off 35th -Guess his ticket book was full .NICE CAR !

8. MightyHerc

MightyHerc

Thanks for the heads up on the cop Scooter, never saw em. It was good to finally meet some new people here in Phoenix. Jerry, if you read this i will be talkin to you about those drums! Thanks for the heads up on the cruise spot, i will be hangin out on fridays like it or not. [​IMG]

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Sean, I am sure you will like Phoenix, a couple of warnings though. Don't ever go to a junkyard with River 1, especially if he has his camera. And also watch out for Jerry, he tends to be a little weird at times. Everyone else was cool.

Seriously though, lots of neat people there and a hell of a lot of hot rodding happening. I'm sure you will enjoy it there. I had a great time while I was there in Oct.

B [​IMG] B

10. Duster

Duster

I live in Somerton AZ. down by Yuma. I go to Phx now and then keep intouch. Midnight at the Oasis is in feb. very large show for Yuma. 800 plous cars come down then. LATER DUSTERS

11. Don't mean to hijack the post but put me down for the round up. Welcome to AZ. I am about hour and half from you but once in awhile there is some car stuff down here. Just stay in touch with ElP and Jerry they will let you know what's goin on down here.

12. Elrod

Elrod

Hey! Sean is a great guy. Us THEM! Tx guys got to hang out with him briefly before he made like splitsville and headed out to warmer, dryer pastures.

Glad to see you are on the HAMB Sean! See you at the Round Up!

13. jerry

jerry

good to meet you on friday sean!

we'll have to firm up plans closer to the round up dates.

looking forward to seeing you again.

jerry

14. lucky 7

lucky 7

Bourbon Street...

15. palepainter

palepainter

John,
    I see you know your way around town here already.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mike

16. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Were you the guy at the last Round Up that was doing burnouts up and down Congress St in front of the Continental Club? If so, kudos for driving it like it is meant to be driven!

17. Munson

Munson
    from Tempe, AZ

Welcome to town!
    j

18. 55olds88

55olds88

I was going to suggest heading up to Carefree and doing skids outside my Kiwi mates place [​IMG]:) he wasn't real happy about one of our poor rental cars being used for that purpose when he got home........

19. MightyHerc

MightyHerc

Thanks for the kind words Elrod, I had a good time hangin with you guys in the big "D". The answer to the question about the burn outs is yes that was me and i'm lookin forward to the next round up!!!!! Would have loved to be at the HAMB DRAGS this year but i just moved to Phoenix and the funds were not there. There's always next year! [​IMG]

Attached Files: