Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Know this old Northwest Hot Rod ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrd32, Jan 31, 2010.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I know it's a long shot.... but does anyone up in the northwest know anything about this car or woman or location. I was going through my huge collection of old photos and negs and came across this negative. The license plate says Washington 1947. I have no info on it and really like the shot. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  2. moses

moses

dont know but is one cool pic..shes kinda hot also...jeffrey

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I think she is a cousin to this couple.

Attached Files:

4. Chev38

Chev38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The "A" at the beginning designated King County on the plate, so greater Seattle area was its home. No reference points to tell where picture was taken. Too bad its not a little wider view. Wil

Stogy likes this.

5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks man, that's a start..........

Stogy likes this.
  6. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Is that a bus stop sign behind? Maybe across from a school...

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, up into the early 70's you could tell what county of the state a car was from by the first letter on the plate.

Some of the traveling salesmen would buy their plates in the county that they did the most business in so that when they went there the locals would figure that they were local themselves. A was King, B = Pierce, C= Spokane D I'm not sure an E was Yakima. I think Z was Klickitat. I think a couple of the SE part of the state Counties shared because they had lots of wheat fields and not many people.

It's an interesting photo too and it would be fun to find out a bit of background info. Maybe the grandma of all Orca Betties.

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow, cool pic. hope a little detective work can be done.

9. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

10. boys walking in backround look like they are enjoying ice cream so the building might be drug store/malt shop. you could contact the king county public library and send them a copy of the picture to possibly id the building in backround. seattle city light might be able to help id the route of power lines back then. king county transit might have list of bus routes back then. contact the seattle times newspaper as they usually have good photo archives. sure would be cool to id something about that picture. good luck!

11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

12. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

The area might be Capitol Hll with the water resevoir in the background.
    Something to try might be tracing the license plate.

I had 2 friends with cars similar but that isn't one of them.

13. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

About four years ago I came upon an add on craigslist for a '30 roadster. The car had been channeled, had a '32 three window dash poorly installed but complete and the top that came with it looks just like the one in your picture. The inside of the doors was packed with 1938 Pasadena newspapers. It could very well be the same car. Do you have any more pictures or information?

Stogy likes this.
  14. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

im on an iphone so im looking at a small screen, but it looks like the headlights have a sealed beam convertions done?? when did you old timers start that?

Also, that building does ring a bell, but for the life of me I cant figure out why or where I may have seen it.. Cap hill? top of Queen anne maybe? Pretty sure its not the Westside!

15. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has got to be in the city. Streets are paved and have curbs. Growing up in the Seattle-Tacoma-Bremerton area in the 40's and 50's smaller communities at that time did not have curbed streets. Also, it might have had a King County "A" but the picture could have been taken somewhere else-----Tacoma, Everett, Renton. If picture could be blown up via computer enhancement, you might be able to read bus stop route or see more of what is in the building window. Looks like a woman or a dress maniquin.

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

No I don't have any more info, I just bought the picture to add to my collection.....was hoping some one might just recognize the location or car or girl....it's so cool.... I'd like to know more....thanks

Stogy likes this.
  17. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Maybe you'll be able to see more detail in the original print.
    If you do, let us know :)