Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mom's 57' T Bird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mediumriser, Jan 31, 2010.

1. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

This is my mom's T Bird she bought it off richcraft on here at the end of last summer. It has a 312, 3 deuces, and a T10.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

Your Mom must be really Cool ! Great looking Bird !

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm sure it's not everybody's cup of tea but not a thing wrong with it that can't be fixed/changed to suit. At least it hasn't been altered with major sheetmetal surgery. T-birds, especially the single seat models, are uber cool and no one in their right mind would say they they wouldn't take one if the opportunity came along. That said (and I know I'm going to get ripped for this) my dream T-Bird would be a'55/'57 and have a BBC/5/6spd drivetrain. The Big Block would be treated to every weight saving component available and the suspension would be worthy of a road racing competitor. This formula also dominates my dream Cobra...............so hate me:eek::D

Frank

4. chris55

chris55

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

If she drives that - then I want to see a picture of her........

Curious, is she blond ?

Lets see her

Cob

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

DOWN BOY !,.. DOWN ! :D
    She's his Mother for crying out loud ! :eek::D:D:D:D

7. Tank

Tank

Always had a blast bar-hopping in that thing with Whitney. Still can't believe he sold it. Hope your Mom drives the hell out of it!

8. SYCO620

SYCO620
    from Merced, Ca

Did mom put that 'bitchin' pic on the trunk? Seriously?

9. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Na Josh Shaw ran a mini bike into the back of it. So he painted the mural on the trunk. Hell yeah she drives the shit out of it, she has wanted one since she was little.
    Also not only is she MOM she is a grandma.

And yes she has Blond hair!

10. lowelife

lowelife

Probably one of the only T-bird's i have seen and liked. very cool.

11. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Better pic of that trunk please?

12. Tank

Tank

Was bummed when I heard Whitney sold the Bird, but I guess he bought a house. If Josh told you he ran a minibike into it I'll let it go at that. Lol. Glad it went to a good home though.

13. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Hahahaha Yeah Whitney always calls use first when he wants to sell something. Hhahah
    I will get a better pic of the trunk lid when it warms up, its put away for the winter.

14. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

It's kinda true.. I was ridding a big long wheelie (new record for the night) and lifting off the Gas wasn't an option.

I remember some wild shit going down with that car around. I left NASCAR style tire rub marks in the rear quarter with my 32' C-dan, and Whitney drove into My C-dan's drivers door with it once... (he'll be on here to say I HIT HIM but that's just not true.. :D:D:D)

Then there was the time I carried a six foot tree branch over my head to try to take out a highway sign..

Once at Bowling Green Mike and I were having a "Heated discussion" and came sliding into someones camp sight, slid sideways through their fire, as the car came to a stop I stood up and Mike dive tackled me out of it. We rolled on the ground fighting.. uh I mean "discussing" and in a min. stood up, grabbed our bottle of Jack outta the car and jumped up on the trunk and had a good laugh. The ten or so guys looking on were speechless.

Burnouts, burnouts, and more burnouts. (Mike Whitney was the only one that could make it do them too!)

...and finally, I remember riding down the highway (I-275 at I-75) in the T-Bird with Mike driving.. We were racing Detroit Jerry's 40' Ford Gasser, Pony boy Tony's 54' Chev. and Dolch's 56 Ford Chopped wagon. We had all just ran outta Roman candles and bottle rockets to shoot at each others cars, and it had turned into a race to the next bar. I was pulling a "Super Man"... out on the hood, belly down, feet hooked around the top lip of the windshield and finger tips hooked around the top of the Headlight rings... face in the wind yelling "GAS THIS PRICK!!" Well, while this was going on, we all blew past a State Highway Patrol! He flew out to catch us but only caught up to Dolch in the Chopped wagon. He pulled them over, leaned in and asked "What the hell are you idiots doing! Were you guys racing those morons!!" At that our buddy Josh (Chrome tooth) Owens replied from the back seat:

"Hell yeah we were racing them, and we'd have had em' if you wouldn't have pulled us over!" (somehow, no one went to jail or got a ticket)

Those were the BSM days.. I'm amazed we survived.

Sad to see Mike part with it, but I know it went to good home. Take care of it, and PLEASE.. DON'T EVER CHANGE IT!

J Shaw

15. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

What I got..

Attached Files:

16. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Damn Shaw! Your fucking nuts!

17. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Tires and wheels makes my head hurt...

18. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thats awesome!

19. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Haha It is not going to change Mom likes it the way it is.

20. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Thank for the pics Josh.

21. Tank

Tank

Yeah man! Thats more like it! Bowling Green in the BSM days, always a blast!