Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. 343w

343w

Thirtyfour three windows coupes, (chevy & ford) are my favorite body styles!

2. tunes

tunes

I'm sure mine is easy to figure out. I'm a big music fan, mostly '50s and '60s rock 'n roll. The last several years I've been making a little extra money playing music at some local car shows. I thought tunes would be a good screen name and I use it on several sites.

3. 4ever18

4ever18

I've owned it since I was 18 (more than 38 years, so far). When I drive this car, I am 4EVER18.

Attached Files:

4. RatRoy

RatRoy

I enjoy painting Rat Fink's on things, and my name is Roy

Attached Files:

5. poorboy

poorboy

its a commentary on my usual financial status

6. KAMIKAZI.
    I was about 12 or 13 years old and playing basketball, an awkward kid to say the least. My coach was a very high strung man and in our run to the state championship I was put in a game to guard the other teams best player, and was told not to foul him. After a couple of minutes of being in the game I was running down the court at full speed and tripped over my own feet. When I fell I fell into the player I was guarding and he tripped and fell and hurt his arm. Of course they called a foul on me and my coach lost it and he screamed at the top of his lungs "GOD DAMN...KAMI...KAMI...KAMIKAZI!!!!" hahahah
    I have carried that name for more than 25 years....when I go back to my home town people don't address me by name they just refer to me as Kamikazi! haha
    It was good in football, but not basketball!

7. My 37 gave it to me.

8. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

I used to build and ride singlespeed push bikes , Shonky is just a riding term meaning easy/simple/half arsed ! as in not competative just in it for the fun of it.

Now all i want to do is build a car to go as fast as possible :D

9. slik

slik

i guess mine is not as exciting as some of the others...
    mine is my initials plus the letter "i" thrown in the middle. got the nickname SLiK from when i used to sign my drawings with my initials and one of the guys in the shop started calling my slik because that is what i looked like to him. then that name stuck. so i use that as my screen name and my metal fabricating company i am trying to start.

10. rustyhood

rustyhood

I was always getting into trouble, my cars were always built up just a little and sounded nice. Between Headers and Cherry Bombs/Thrush and always being pulled over for rear bumper height, street racing, my cars were cop magnets. Fighting all the time. So I was a hood (hoodlum) growing up and now Im older and just a rusty hood. :D

11. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

My passion for the last 10-12 years has been flying, especially vintage aircraft. My avitar is the 1941 Waco biplane we sold about a year ago. We still have an old Stinson, but my passion for vintage cars and trucks has been rekindled with the '53 GMC we picked-up a little over a year ago and the '51 Cadillac we're now, finally, starting to work on.

12. 117harv

117harv

My dads name is Harvey and so is mine, he raced stockcars in the 60's and 70's, his number was 17 and i added another 1 because he's number one to me.

13. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Mine comes from one of my motorcycle builds. There's a pic in my profile. Yamaha R1 sportbike built into a street fighter.

I'm no "fighter" by any means...

14. Kurt's Car

Kurt's Car

About 15 years ago I bought a coupe from a guy named Kurt. He had rolled it shortly after completing it. I rebuilt it just the way it was. I knew if I did it the same, it would always be known as Kurt's car. I didn't care.

Still get asked if that's Kurt's car. I always say yes.

15. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Hank the angry drunken dwarf. RIP.

16. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Mine is my name and I am straight edge hints the x's.

17. moparordie

moparordie
    from Colorado

cause I would rather have a mopar haven't had to much luck with anything else.

18. speedysilver

speedysilver

speedy sounded good with my last name....

19. pacemaker

pacemaker

My 1951 Hudson Pacemaker Coupe. The "price leader" (cheapest) model

Attached Files:

20. buckable

buckable

My 2 year old grand son was running around the place playing with a toy of an old pedal tractor like we used to ride around on when I was a kid. He thought it was a bicycle, but couldn't get the word right. Best he could say was "buckable", so that's what he called bicycles until he could get it right.

When I signed up on here and was trying to pick a name, everything I tried was already taken. Almost decided heck with it and didn't sign up, but the kid just kept saying "buckable . . . buckable" while playing with the toy. So I decided if buckable didn't work I wasn't signing up. It worked and now I'm stuck with it. Been called worse. And I love that little boy, especially when he carefully parks a couple toy cars side by side on the floor and says "car show!"

21. 10bucks

10bucks

cuz thats usually all I have left.

22. Mine came from when I was in the service. My first duty as a non-designated Airman was to work as a "Plane Captain", some made up name to give some sort of status or higher meaning, but really meant "Clean-up Boy". Well anyway, since I just arrived, I was considered a newbie or "boot". So, I was the gofor in the Plane Captains' hangout, the "Line Shack" (a shack on the flight line or where planes are parked for servicing).
    The guy that was head of the Line Shack was a hispanic guy with a voice like Tattoo form Fantasy Island. He couldn't pronounce my last name well, so he called me "Beebing". I thought it was funny by the way he sounded when he said it. So its a tribute to him and others who can't say my last name correctly

23. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

Mine was suggested by some website a long time ago and I just kept using it for everything.

24. I needed a handle and looked at the keyboard and say the number 6 (no6) quick to type also.

25. Wicked50

Wicked50

My cousin wrote it on the back window of my truck when I first got it

26. elrobo818

elrobo818

mine is an old nickname i got from some friends (el robo) roll the r.... and i live in the san fernando valley (818)

27. dmac620

dmac620

When I was in college the Univerisity issued you your email address (dmac620@...). Have been using it ever since.

28. Route 66 fan

Route 66 fan

I'm a Big Route 66 Fan. I grew up near the old road in Albuquerque NM, and have traveled the Mother Road several times, recently in various versions of cool old iron. It truly is the ultimate hotrodders vacation to drive from Chicago to Santa Monica! OK, Lets go!!!

29. impala4speed

impala4speed

Guess mine's pretty easy, eh?:)

30. a little bar i used to frequent back in my navy days in olongapo city philipenes, guarantee its still there, now its the name of our hunting/partying camp/mancave way out in the bush. where the driveway is paved with flattened out beer cans and the lawn is also metal 308,375 h&h,223,454 and 12 ga casings for the most part. we dont sink in a muddy driveway and we dont have to mow any lawn