Register now to get rid of these ads!

I finally met Denise...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CharlieLed, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I feel like I must be the last member on this forum to have met Denise in person, especially since I have had the opportunity to sample her delicious chocolate chip cookies long before we actually met. Ironically we met while she was delivering cookies yesterday to Steve at the Advanced Plating booth at the GNRS while I was talking to Steve. Great lady and a lot of fun...see ya again sometime around the "Cajon Zone".

2. 067chevy

067chevy

I've never met Denise and I don't even know who Denise is. Should I ?

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Oh, oh,,,,,get the popcorn!

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Denise is the Queen of Hot Rod girls !,... She has a passion for Hot Rods and People, I always look forward to seeing her, because when I do, I get to see a lady with a warm honest smile, And a good heart that truly cares about the HAMB family.

I for one, Am truly grateful for Denise and all she brings to the HAMB and Hot Rodding in general. The place wouldn't be the same without her.

If you think her cookies are awesome, you should try a hug ! :D

5. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Seriously?

6. chilimac

chilimac

Harms Way said it all!Denise is an awesome friend to have.

7. elrobo818

elrobo818

i want a cookie! :)

8. 61TBird

61TBird

You've been on here since '05 and don't know who she is?:eek:
    Either you're a Troll or you haven't been paying attention in class....:rolleyes:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=915

9. Denise is omnipresent on the HAMB...how can you NOT know who she is???

Hey, Denise, I'm sure you are going to be at Bonneville...have a beer with me for my b-day there, OK!

10. 1951fordf100

1951fordf100
    from Idaho

I've never met Denise and I already like her.;)

11. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

More like El Cabong these days....:eek:

12. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

Wow I don't know anyone and I know who she is, I think your gona get some s##t.

13. Hell,I thought everyone knew Denise......Megan too!!!!
    Anyone who doesnt must not read the HAMB very much

14. Met Denise at Billetproof Detroit a few years ago. She,s allways smiling.
    Her road-trip reports are fantastic.

15. tradrod

tradrod

I've never met her either, but by reading her posts you can get to know her. Awesome lady, (does it count that I sometimes eat cookies while reading about her road trips?)

Steve

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

You serious? theres more to the hobby than one person.

17. 067chevy

067chevy

Sorry guys but I don't read everything on here.

18. HR, if you have to make a statement like that, you don't get it, as far as the HAMB goes.

067 - Neither do I, but who does?

19. 067chevy

067chevy

I'll have a cookie too.

20. JAWS

JAWS

I like her new kitchen...

21. 067chevy

067chevy

Damn, I guess I better find out what I'm missing.

22. This is the way she usually greets me...I must bring out the evil in her,LOL!!!!!

[​IMG]

23. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hi there 067Chevy,
    Wow...you need to meet this special lady someday soon.:). Come down to next June's KKOA event in Salina and hopefully she will be back... Her smile will brighten up your day!...

Here's a couple photos of Denise...One with PovertyFlats at the HAMB Meet and Greet, and one taking a ride in Rob Lee's (S. Omaha) new roadster... A Great Smile!...Great Lady!

Have a great day!....duane (a former Nebraskan)

Attached Files:

24. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The HAMB is different things to different people. Obviously we share an interest so it's pretty easy to make friends if you like. But a lot of people come here solely for the cars. And this has been the primary focus of the HAMB since day one.

25. ratster

ratster

i've met Denise and CharlieLed

26. 067chevy

067chevy

Yeah what Kevin Lee said

27. 067chevy

067chevy

Yeah I missed it last year. I went to the Black Hills instead. But I did buy a 30 Model A pickup while I was there. I plan to make it this year unless something else comes up. A couple of my freinds said it was a real good time.

28. Both Denise and Megan are cool because they not only talk the talk, they walk the walk.
    I am a little embarrassed by the obvious groveling, and sucking up, posted by Harm's Way in an blatant attempt to get more cookies.
    I will stand in line for my hug if I make it to the Autorama.

29. 5window

5window

I've met Megan (at Hershey-nice hat!) but not Denise (yet). I think they are famous on the HAMB for being nice folks who are seriously into hotrodding. And,realistically, because they are female so they sort of stand out here. They hit lots of events, are famous for their road trip reports and have worked hard to make the HAMB a better place to hang out.

May I have a cookie,please? :)

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

Please don't take this as disrespectful,....

In fact, When you talk Hot Rods and Customs , you are not just dealing with the Iron and basic components, you are dealing with extensions of peoples visions and personalities,... these cars become very personal.

Most historic Hot Rods we know of are referred to by the builder/Owner's name. Doane Spencer, Bob McGee, Pearson brothers,..... the list is endless.
    So again we are dealing with People as much as Cars,.....

When you have this many people, with the same passion that come together at events, it becomes almost like a second family. like it or not I think the HAMB has taken on the closeness of a family,.... A rare and wonderful thing.

We see peoples cars come together in front of our eyes, we encourage them, give them advice, learn from them, share in there individual achievements,.... and feel for them in there losses,.... I would bet there were thousands of hearts that felt the pain of the loss of Hamb Andy.

So when you create a common interest, you create a community, communities are made of people, people make families,... I am grateful to be part of this community that feels like a second family. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.